• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OO now I get why its called vergil's downfall cause you keep falling off ledges.

rupok93

Seriously anyone else have this issue. I really love the dlc but I always somehow fall off the platforms. Its extremely annoying with you are in the middle of an air combo and then the enemy dies and you can't grab onto anything with your angel teleport. Something should be done about this.

Soupie

It's part of the challenge. Maybe improve your play style? Because I hardly fall anymore now.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
On my first play through , on nephilim mode, I found myself falling often since I kept teleporting myself to enemies who were flying far from platforms though after a little while I started to love that concept. If you have noticed yet, Vergil's angel lift/pull has at least 3 or 4 times the range Dante's has so you can be falling pretty far then get right back up to other enemies. It is just part of the game. take advantage of angel boost and Vergil's trick up and air evade to get back to platforms. I won't say it isn't more annoying and tedious though just another type of play style to get used to.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I had this exact thought today. Always getting myself a great high A style going, and then I make one wrong step, or move. But hey, that's what happens when you're no longer fighting in literal hallways at all times :p A slight learning curve that is a bit difficult to remember sometimes with DmC.

It's really rather ironic in the case of Vergil's Downfall >.<

Black Manic TH

WTF is that BEHIND YOU?
Omg... It makes alot a sense now. XD
I sometimes use helmbreaker to fall with harpies to kill them faster... But that's just me.

Jerry Wirerammer

It happened to me plenty of times on my first run, but you have to remember its the players fault not the games. Basically we ain't paying attention to our surroundings and paying for it (think "Batman Begins).

I've taken to using the demon pull more in the smaller arenas, Vergils seems to have a lot more priority than Dantes, plucking even harpies out of the sky. Those little flockers always seem to dodge Dates pull, forcing you to lift up to them.

Victormaru

Technologist
Vergil's "Down", "Fall", LOL. Good one. Vergil's platforming sequences are definitely a new challenge compared to playing as Dante. I'm pretty sure it was designed like that on purpose so don't expect any changes. It's just part of Vergil's unique gameplay.
I killer Bee off the edge a lot. PLUNDER FASTER VERGIL.
I wouldn't recommend using Killer Bee as frequently. It's like the most inconsistent ability due to the game not having a lock-on system and the fact that it bounces Vergil and pushes the enemy back at the same time, messing up the tempo of the combo completely.

There have been times where I was able to magically Angel Pull myself up while falling far down from a ledge. One time I somehow fell directly below a platform during a fight where a bunch of monsters were but I kept spamming Angel Pull and luckily teleported back up right through the middle of the platform, lol. It looked weird as hell and made no sense but it was funny.
Use the downward drive without the stomp.
It really helps you in this game mode.
The Drive Evade Cancel loop is probably Vergil's most powerful combo if you could execute it consistently. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one but I know it definitely does more damage than the Helm Breaker Jump Cancel loop.

Stupid harpies. Also, I love when you're doing a long aerial combo teleporting enemy to enemy and find yourself in the middle of nowhere once you kill the last one.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
OO now I get why its called vergil's downfall cause you keep falling off ledges.

Actually the correct word you're looking for is, Vergil's Freefall:
tumblr_mja0by5OSX1s757tjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mja0by5OSX1s757tjo2_250.gif
tumblr_mja0by5OSX1s757tjo3_250.gif

tumblr_mja0by5OSX1s757tjo4_250.gif
tumblr_mja0by5OSX1s757tjo5_250.gif

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Ha, yeah I noticed it immediately, there is a damn ton of Limbo surfing happening in this DLC!

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ Had similar happen to Me, you can run right to the edges of the area. Have you had the one where You seemingly fall forever and instead of being transported back up with minus health, you just straight die?

8BitHero

Scrub
^ Had similar happen to Me, you can run right to the edges of the area. Have you had the one where You seemingly fall forever and instead of being transported back up with minus health, you just straight die?
Yep. To an area where I could actually get it manually work.

Top Bottom