• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

One Piece

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Anyone here watched One Piece? It is currently my favorite anime, mostly because of Zoro's swordfighting - it reminds me of Devil May Cry a bit, except he's not a part-demon.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I haven't read it in about a year so i'm a bit behind but i always thought of it as the best shonen in the past twenty surpassing even DBZ.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I haven't read it in about a year so i'm a bit behind but i always thought of it as the best shonen in the past twenty surpassing even DBZ.

I haven't read manga, I only watched the anime... though it's likely I'll read manga after I'm finished with the anime, that is what happened when I ran across Attack on Titan (and manga turned out to be far better than anime in that case).

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I don't have a free century to spare to get into One Piece...especially given its rapidly expanding length in episodes.

Viper

Premium
I don't have a free century to spare to get into One Piece...especially given its rapidly expanding length in episodes.
I know how that feels. I've watched One Piece for some time, it was pretty good, but the whole next generation of soap operas thing these kind of anime seem to be going for puts me away from getting back into it.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I know how that feels. I've watched One Piece for some time, it was pretty good, but the whole next generation of soap operas thing these kind of anime seem to be going for puts me away from getting back into it.
It's not really the content of One Piece...it's the sheer length. I can get into an anime that's 20, 30 episodes long...maybe 100, if I have an entire summer to kill. But 677 episodes? I'll be cleaning my dentures by the time I've caught up.

Viper

Premium
It's not really the content of One Piece...it's the sheer length. I can get into an anime that's 20, 30 episodes long...maybe 100, if I have an entire summer to kill. But 677 episodes? I'll be cleaning my dentures by the time I've caught up.
That's what I'm talking about, soap operas are about story going and going, instead of coming to an end, new things pop up continuously. You have to really be into it to feel motivated in keeping up.

The only manga/anime I am willing to do this for is Detective Conan, even if I cringe at what they did to main character sometimes, but only because it's really relevant to my interests. Otherwise I'd drop it like a hot potato simply cause it's tiring to keep up with all the info for years.

Top Bottom