• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Old Threads

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hi guys.
Could I make a suggestion that threads older than a couple of months be closed to posting?

When I post, I tend to just skim through the previous posts about topics that interest me, and I often forget to check when the last post was made, so it's like I'm trying to kick-start a dead horse.

Reason why I bring this up is because I just posted in an old thread, and had someone run up behind me with another post to flame me for even attempting to revive a dead thread, which made me feel very awkward.

Thanks!

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
They can't really do that because what counts as old? Also, if new information is released e.g. My aion topic, if I wanted to post up some information about it, or some updates about it, etc. then I could. But I understand how you mean.

It's best to think if it's on page 2, check the date, if it's on page 3+ is your post neccessary? If it's not, don't post. That's all I can really say...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Vauxchen-kun;187771 said:
They can't really do that because what counts as old? Also, if new information is released e.g. My aion topic, if I wanted to post up some information about it, or some updates about it, etc. then I could. But I understand how you mean.

It's best to think if it's on page 2, check the date, if it's on page 3+ is your post neccessary? If it's not, don't post. That's all I can really say...

Pretty much this.
Also, it'd take us far too long to go around closing every thread deemed old, every subsection of the forum has a veritable crapload of pages, every page has 30 threads, some subsections have upwards of 40 pages, 40 pages, each with 30 threads each makes for 1200 threads to close, and that's just in one subsection alone.

Really, when someone posts in an old thread, it's not a huge crime, we just close the thread and give the person a non-threatening response, usually along the lines of:
"Please ensure that you check the date of the previous post before posting in a thread, if you wish to continue a discussion of this nature, feel free to create a new topic, but in the future, avoid posting in old threads."

Simple as that, it's easier to do that for each new member that signs up than it is to go about closing every old thread.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Angelo Credo;187773 said:
Pretty much this.
Also, it'd take us far too long to go around closing every thread deemed old, every subsection of the forum has a veritable crapload of pages, every page has 30 threads, some subsections have upwards of 40 pages, 40 pages, each with 30 threads each makes for 1200 threads to close, and that's just in one subsection alone.

o_O
okie dokes! I'll be a bit more observant from now on then, thanks.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
What about the fanfic threads? They're mainly for posting fanfiction, aren't they? So it's not like anyone will be opening an old topic because they're not there for discussions, just entertainment.

Top Bottom