• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ok, demo opinions?

Chrysander

DarkSlayer.;65002 said:
That's cause they aren't using exceed right or not using it at all. Someone said it is useless I totally disagree.:dry: It is hard to get sss combos without it. Well, bout as hard as trying for sss with dmc3 dante and not using the style button. But the thing about exceed is that trying to rev the sword manually takes way too long so I stick with the instant exceed.(rev inbetween slashes in a combo) which is pretty much a 'just frame' kind of thing. It takes some practice to get use to the timing. When poeple start to master it is when the real fun will begin.

LoL, one thing i do find amusing is how some of them don't seem to realize that he has more combos then just triangle triangle triangle triangle...;) Even more amusing is that one guy was complaining about how nero doesn't have a helm breaker type move!:lol: what a noobie:lol:
Although I haven't played the demo, I feel pretty sure you could probably get SSS combos with the tools that Nero has. I haven't even seen anyone on youtube do a taunt with Nero yet. I think those that are making youtube vids right now, were never really that hot at DMC3. Taunting is a fundamental thing and they're not even doing that.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Chrysander;65004 said:
Although I haven't played the demo, I feel pretty sure you could probably get SSS combos with the tools that Nero has. I haven't even seen anyone on youtube do a taunt with Nero yet. I think those that are making youtube vids right now, were never really that hot at DMC3. Taunting is a fundamental thing and they're not even doing that.

Oh it is totally possible. Actually it's pretty easy to get sss. Even without using exceed its doable for someone like you or me but remember, these are mostly noobs we are talking about. Hell, they probably don't realize the point in taunting yet.(He has nice taunts BTW)

Oh and JC seems easier. I haven't really screwed with it much tho. And it's hella easy to stay in the air. On a few occations i've found myself airbourne for a rediculous amount of time. And this is a bare bones version of nero. I can't wait!

Chrysander

Yeah, what I am saying is that I'd like to see some vids of more experienced players on the demo, to show some more interesting footage.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
ROOOOOAAAAR!!! I wanna jump off a cliff with spikes in the bottom of the pit! The town I live in sucks! I went to two different gamestops today and none of them had it. They said they haven't gotten them yet. D8

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
DarkSlayer.;65002 said:
LoL, one thing i do find amusing is how some of them don't seem to realize that he has more combos then just triangle triangle triangle triangle...;)

I suppose for new people, they havent really got any way to know this, since they dont really explain the combo system in the demo.

Devil Razer

Drifter
From what i saw (yeah leon web cammed me the demo due to the fact my XBL doesnt work at uni) I am gonna love thisgame. The dem in itself looked damed awsome even ifthe quality of what i was seeing was rubbish

DanteownzNero

Devil May Own
DarkSlayer.;65002 said:
LoL, one thing i do find amusing is how some of them don't seem to realize that he has more combos then just triangle triangle triangle triangle...;) Even more amusing is that one guy was complaining about how nero doesn't have a helm breaker type move!:lol: what a noobie:lol:

Yeah the "noobie" was me thnx fer tht

i figured out the helm breaker the next time i played

jus because its forward and triangle in midair doesnt mean im a noob cos theyve neva had the helm breaker as tht be4.

and btw from the way u talk u seem to think urself better thn other people because ur good at the game wth man ... go get laid :\ its quite sad

..end of

Albion Knight

DMC n00b
Premium
I thought it was beautiful. The graphics were simply amazing. This is what Next gen is meant to be. I can't wait to get an HDTV. This has gone from a I will probably get it to a Must Have! That's exactly what a demo should do, unlike the Blue Dragon demo that did the opposiste for me.

I didn't like the way the camera changed angles when you turned corners. One minute you're pushing the controller to move up stairs then next the same direction is moving you back down the stars. I got used to it after a bit and once I've played move I'm sure it won't even phase me.

Not having ever played DMC before I thought the controls were easy to learn. I am no where close to being good at them yet. I only played it three times. I can now change my title from DMC Virgin to DMC n00b :w00t:
Devil Leon;64979 said:
I did it, beat Berial in the time limit :D Its because you can ignore some of the Scarecrows (when no barrier is in the way) while before I was killing them all and wasting time.
I thought the same thing. The beginning says something like "...kill all..." so I thought I had to. The first two times I didn't make it across the bridge before time ran out. The third time I made it to the big bad guy at the end Berial I'm guessing from your post. I didn't do too badly for a n00b facing him for the first time.

Devil Leon;65087 said:
I suppose for new people, they havent really got any way to know this, since they dont really explain the combo system in the demo.

I have no idea about combos as am definitely a DMC n00b officially now. I never got a PS2 foolishly enough so I've missed out on it until now.

Death God

this demo was awsome short but awsome and u wanna know whats more awsome besides the number of times i can use the word awsome in a run on sentene well dmc4 is coming out the 5th of next month.....awsome.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
DanteownzNero;65115 said:
Yeah the "noobie" was me thnx fer tht

i figured out the helm breaker the next time i played

jus because its forward and triangle in midair doesnt mean im a noob cos theyve neva had the helm breaker as tht be4.

and btw from the way u talk u seem to think urself better thn other people because ur good at the game wth man ... go get laid :\ its quite sad

..end of

:huh: WTF. No. Calm yourself son. You see, I no the guy personally. He said that 2 me while we were TALKING about the game. So uh ... yeah, pretty sure it wasn't u. So how bout u try not 2 be so soft & sensitive from now on. Things might not always b about you, whoever you are. Jeez, get real... :dry:

Top Bottom