• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OK, a little far fetched idea I had

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
OK, a little far fetched thought I had

OK, so first off, I'm a believer that the spirit residing in Nero is Vergil. I think this for a number of reasons -

1) Nero, the spirit, and Vergil's Yamato all seem closely connected.
2) The spirit wields the Yamato
3) The spirit has an arm sheath looking very much like the arm sheath of Vergils Yamato DT in DMC3
4) Nero says 'power... give me more power...' when he's in a possessed state. Which is very reminiscent of Vergil in DMC3: "I need more power!"

So these factors have been leading me to believe this for a while, and I still do.

Anyway, I was watching the "power" line from DMC3 on youtube, when I noticed Vergil's hand, and I realised it actually bears some resemblance to the Devil Bringer itself. I know this could be seen as me looking at evidence that isnt there, but I've already decided what I believe so I'm simply looking at whats there.

Anyway, I just think there are a few similarities. First off, Vergils fingers are quite pointy, almost claw like. Now, I know he wears gloves, but this makes his hands look even more like it - if the glove was replaced by the redness, and the fingers were blue, I think it would look a lot like it. The DB fingers are long and sharp, but they are still humanoid, like Vergils, with long nails.

So - we have Vergils hand, that looks like this:

vergilhandfh0.jpg

And the Devil Bringer, that looks like this:

devilmaycry420070430055ab9.jpg

I know it might seem a bit of a stretch, but I do think they have a resemblance. If you compare Vergils right hand (from his perspective) on the bottom left picture to the devil bringer on the Nero image, they are in similar positions and look very alike IMO.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Well it could be done on purpose, but then again Vergils pointy fingers might just be the result of the slightly older graphics... lol.

But nevertheless I find it interesting.

Kool626

Demon Slayer
the db not vergil's it's a different demon i belive vergil going 2 be in dmc4 but he not nero or prosses nero ok it starting 2 be anoying coz poeple keep saying it vergil or sparda, nero a brad new charater

teflon

The gun image from DMC3 that you posted is also interesting since Vergil is holding the gun on top of Dante's. Nero's Blue Rose has two vertical barrels. Is this just another coincidence?

Greg A

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Hmm, very interesting point there, Greg. Personally I'm not sure, but you never know. Who am I to judge considering my own theory lol.

tettora

I quite like this idea. Dante says something like 'wake up kid' then calls his name, links up with idea of Nero being possessed.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Devil Leon;64139 said:
Well it could be done on purpose, but then again Vergils pointy fingers might just be the result of the slightly older graphics... lol.

But nevertheless I find it interesting.

True, it's just the older graphics. As for the whole theory, it could be possible, we'll find out in two weeks. *Backflips*

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
That is a very interesting theory, Devil Leon. And a very well -put one, too. I would love it if you're right. I'm just a sucker for anything to do with Vergil. ^_^

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Wow look at this! Something someone found on GameFAQs that further shows that its likely that the spirit is a demonic look for Vergil. He showed us a picture of the spirit and Dantes new DT for comparison. And at first I was like... WTF, nothing alike!! But looking closer... check this out...

I have recoloured the image so that the shapes can be compared with less distraction from colour difference.

spiritdtoo2.jpg

Now, if you look at the chin of the two, they both have like a spike with an inverse curve in the exact same place. (Its kind of hard to make out, but its there). Also their actual skin structure, for example the spiked elbows, and shoulders. Also, their chests are very similar except for Dante's 'cracked' look - which I think could be a sign of where he was stabbed with Rebellion.

EDIT: By the way, I'm aware their heads look completely different.. but they always did (think DMC3 DTs)

Zato-OW

King
They dont look alike to me. Dantes DT has 5 fingers and the DB has 3. There head are differnt as you can clearly see.There sholders are similar but differnt(alot differnt).The DB has Scales on his arm and Dante doesnt.The chest area is differnt but cant really tell on the DB because of the way he is in the picture.Also the biggest thing of all, Vergils primary DT colors are Blue and Black. But Nero's infested/possessed arm is Blue,Red and a lighter blue. Dantes DT is Red and Black. This alone leaves me to beleive that its a Differnt demon. Also about the Yamato ive notice that the Golden Ribbon is missing from the sheath. But the fact it shows Dante's hair in his DT and the DB is Bald or w/e tells me its someone else.Also in DMC3 even though there heads where differnt they where more the same(design,as in you can cleary tell they are related) then DMC4 Dante's DT and the DB. Also the scabath thing, i cant really say anything about it until i get the game and DT the yamato with dante because he may get one also. I think there DT depends on what weapon they are currently holding.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I'm not saying that theyre identical, just that there are some definite similarities. Also, I think the DB's shape is similar, not saying it looks like Vergils hand exactly.

Devil Razer

Drifter
ok has anybody noticed that DB has that demonic glowing bit goin from the middle of his hand up his arm. And Dante's DT has the same kinda thing going on in his chest?

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Ah cool I didnt think of that. Don't know if its of any significance, but in DMC3 Dante got stabbed in the chest with Rebby, and it seems Nero gets stabbed in the DB with Yamato. Coincidence?

teflon

Devil Leon;64538 said:
Ah cool I didnt think of that. Don't know if its of any significance, but in DMC3 Dante got stabbed in the chest with Rebby, and it seems Nero gets stabbed in the DB with Yamato. Coincidence?

It appears that it was probably Credo's sword that pierced Nero's chest, not the Yamato.

Greg A

heatlancer

1# Trickster
wtf, vergil's fingers there just look pointy!!, they are'nt really like that.. you know how the ps2's crappy graphics could naver make hands properly unless it is actually really up close

look at san andreas for instance

Top Bottom