• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition coming to UK

Dark Drakan

Admin
obps3logo.jpg

Ahead of the release of one of the most highly anticipated games of the year Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Bethesda have announced that Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition will be released in the UK on September 23rd. The package includes DLC content and a map, details in full are as follows...

- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: With the empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land. You must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.

- Knights of the Nine: A fallen King has been unchained from the darkness of Oblivion to seek vengeance upon the Gods who banished him. Only a champion pure of heart can vanquish the evil that has been released.

- Shivering Isles: Enter the torn realm of Sheogorath - a world where Mania and Dementia reign. Do you have the strength to survive his trials, to tame a realm fraught with paranoia and despair, and wear the mantle of a God?

- Oblivion Game Map: A full-colour map of Cyrodiil and the Shivering Isles

- A bonus disc: Featuring a behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of Oblivion

If you have never played the game (shame on you if you havent) then could be worth the purchase before Skyrim if you want a cheap alternative before spending your cash. If you need any convincing that the Elder Scrolls series is one of the greatest RPG's around (which you shouldnt) then this package is well worth the money. Though with hundreds of hours of potential playtime you might want to book some time off work or for those in education your studies will suffer. :p

Price is £19.99/€29.99 on PS3 and 360 and £14.99/€19.99 on PC.

aka958

Don't trust people
I got those DLC's and respective maps in a Game of the Year edition. <.<

It's more or less the same Game of the Year edition as well as a behind-the-scenes?

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
I recommend the PC version if you have the specs to run it. Don't let the low requirements fool you however, since Oblivion is fairly poor in the optimization department. However mods is a plus that can't be fully ignored.

I got those DLC's and respective maps in a Game of the Year edition. <.<

It's more or less the same Game of the Year edition as well as a behind-the-scenes?

Essentially, however it's also a release to help boost Oblivion's sales as Skyrim is right around the corner. It's also for anyone who has not played it yet, since the Game of the Year edition is no longer in production and this has all of the DLC in one cheap package + some little bonus features.

aka958

Don't trust people
Essentially, however it's also a release to help boost Oblivion's sales as Skyrim is right around the corner. It's also for anyone who has not played it yet, since the Game of the Year edition is no longer in production and this has all of the DLC in one cheap package + some little bonus features.

Nowhere near all DLC. You still miss Fighter's Stronghold, Dunbarrow Cove, The Mage Tower or w/e, Horse Armour, new books to learn new spells and stuff, Mehrunes Razor dungeon, that other place for evil d00ds. <.<

Dark Drakan

Admin
I recommend the PC version if you have the specs to run it. Don't let the low requirements fool you however, since Oblivion is fairly poor in the optimization department. However mods is a plus that can't be fully ignored.

I had the Collectors Edition PC version and some fantastic mods out there for it. Even my laptop runs it at max so any fairly recent computer should be able to run it and if anyone is worried that their PC will struggle then there is Oldbivion Mod for it (details here).

lol 5th year anniversary, jeeze. i'm still trying to beat it!!

I had it from day one but only finished it a couple of months back, put 80 hours into it only for a patch to corrupt my saves and then whenever i re-installed it i would have issues so i went years without playing it. So when i picked up my laptop i installed it on that with all the patches before playing it and then played it to the end finally and thought it was brilliant.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Nowhere near all DLC. You still miss Fighter's Stronghold, Dunbarrow Cove, The Mage Tower or w/e, Horse Armour, new books to learn new spells and stuff, Mehrunes Razor dungeon, that other place for evil d00ds. <.<

Really? Most of those are simple houses, which there's mods for. However the new spells could be seen as a negative.

I had the Collectors Edition PC version and some fantastic mods out there for it. Even my laptop runs it at max so any fairly recent computer should be able to run it and if anyone is worried that their PC will struggle then there is Oldbivion Mod for it (details here).

I had a text document around here somewhere for mods that really made the game look amazing. Not sure if I still have it as it has been a while since I played through Oblivion. It was an entire list, roughly 400KB of pure text. Albeit it took up severe space. My Oblivion on Steam went from roughly 5GB to 19GB in no time.

aka958

Don't trust people
Really? Most of those are simple houses, which there's mods for. However the new spells could be seen as a negative.

Simple? Not really. They are more like unique places or livings.
Mehrunez Razor is a dungeon that takes about 2 hours to finish.
Also, horse armor. :p

There are mods for everything, but these are official DLC. I don't really care if it's "simple" in your mind or not, it doesn't deter from the fact that far from all DLC is NOT included which is what I said it didn't have.
There are mods that gives more than the whole Knights of the Nine questline. So it shouldn't really be counted as DLC?

Really, DLC isn't big. Mods have most of the stuff already. DLC adds some extras, nothing huge. The only huge add-on Oblivion has is Shivering Isles and that my good man is an expansion more than just DLC.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Simple? Not really. They are more like unique places or livings.
Mehrunez Razor is a dungeon that takes about 2 hours to finish.
Also, horse armor. :p

There are mods for everything, but these are official DLC. I don't really care if it's "simple" in your mind or not, it doesn't deter from the fact that far from all DLC is NOT included which is what I said it didn't have.
There are mods that gives more than the whole Knights of the Nine questline. So it shouldn't really be counted as DLC?

Really, DLC isn't big. Mods have most of the stuff already. DLC adds some extras, nothing huge. The only huge add-on Oblivion has is Shivering Isles and that my good man is an expansion more than just DLC.

I believe you're mistaking what I had said, I am sorry. I had just woke up during that time, and my English had began to fail me. What I meant to say was they're more or less add ons that are not too essential to the main game. However, in the end, it's content they could have added seeing the rest of the package.

I'm sorry if I generated any sort of animosity towards you, as it was not the effect that I had wanted. I do hope you may forgive me. And I believe Knights of the Nine was an expansion too right? At least it's labeled as that on the Game of the Year edition box. It feels more like added missions though.

aka958

Don't trust people
I believe you're mistaking what I had said, I am sorry. I had just woke up during that time, and my English had began to fail me. What I meant to say was they're more or less add ons that are not too essential to the main game. However, in the end, it's content they could have added seeing the rest of the package.

I'm sorry if I generated any sort of animosity towards you, as it was not the effect that I had wanted. I do hope you may forgive me. And I believe Knights of the Nine was an expansion too right? At least it's labeled as that on the Game of the Year edition box. It feels more like added missions though.

It is labeled as an expansion and even that isn't as big as some mods. What I'm saying is that mods isn't really any valid argument in if DLC is DLC or not since mods are so vast they could even rival official expansions.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
It is labeled as an expansion and even that isn't as big as some mods. What I'm saying is that mods isn't really any valid argument in if DLC is DLC or not since mods are so vast they could even rival official expansions.
Oh! I see what you meant. Sorry on my part :confused:. And I agree with you, they're two different things, and should be treated as such :D.

And with my misunderstanding out of the way, will you be doing anything with this release?

aka958

Don't trust people
Oh! I see what you meant. Sorry on my part :confused:. And I agree with you, they're two different things, and should be treated as such :D.

And with my misunderstanding out of the way, will you be doing anything with this release?

Hell no. I've played several hundreds of hours of Oblivion already. I want Skyrim! XD

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Noone thinks its weird to have a 5th year anniversary? Thats like re-releasing dmc 4 again....:confused: before DmC is released

aka958

Don't trust people
Noone thinks its weird to have a 5th year anniversary? Thats like re-releasing dmc 4 again....:confused: before DmC is released

Bethesda prepares peeps for Skyrim. Peeps will buy stuff because of hype. Bethesda gains more cash just re-releasing a game. Profit much?

Top Bottom