• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

North Korea attacks South Korea; Threatens US

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
aka958;290051 said:
Well, dozens isn't still in the correct category I think. America may have a dozen official nuclear bombs, but do you think they show every nuke they make?

We're aware America have dozens of them. I fail to see your point. They aren't going to broadcast it every time they've made a nuke. I never said they would.

aka958

Don't trust people
LordOfDarkness;290053 said:
We're aware America have dozens of them. I fail to see your point. They aren't going to broadcast it every time they've made a nuke. I never said they would.

I would say they got between hundreds and thousands. Since they are the only country who can make nukes for some reason. Why ban it for everyone when you can be an exception? :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
aka958;290054 said:
I would say they got between hundreds and thousands. Since they are the only country who can make nukes for some reason. Why ban it for everyone when you can be an exception? :lol:

I think it's because America is such a large country, it has lots of resources. So they can produce more. I don't think other countries are allowed nuclear weapons, because other countries aren't trusted so much. I'm pretty sure Russia is among the countries that isn't trusted with nuclear weapons. We have like three here, I think. I know here the figure is small.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Storm Silves;289915 said:
So... What are your thoughts on this? Frankly I'm scared ****less because I live in the US and we're screwed for troops. I don't wanna sound like a wimp, but I can't get drafted. I'm a writer, not a fighter. Wouldn't last a day in boot camp.

I'm not scared. There's always something we're supposed to be crapping our pants over these days, isn't there? We were supposed to be terrified of Saddam and his invisible WMDs, NK, then Al-Qaida or the Taliban, then Iran, now NK again... and in the past if it wasn't Russia it was Commies elsewhere; and I suppose soon enough China will be the new threat as they grow powerful enough to rival (and therefore spook) America.

Nah. Someone's always making out there's some new threat to our cosy way of life, but we're still here, and many of them have been red herrings. I'm pretty sure most of the time it's U.S.-based spin, aimed at nations that don't conform to its worldview - er, I mean, threaten its superiorit - erm, I mean wellbeing.

You know, it's been suggested that the U.S. government has always needed an 'imaginary threat' to maintain better control of its own people, and funnily enough they've always managed to conjure one up from somewhere. With the imaginary terror on the horizon, citizens more easily relinquish certain freedoms... which has worked wonders in the UK for our government and the erosion of our civil liberties in the name of 'security' and protecting us from the unseen hordes of evil terrorists. Really, there's no need to be scared, because you never can protect yourself from terrorists who could be anyone, or an idea like radical Islamism, and there's not much point in doing anything if there ever is a full-scale nuclear war. Well, no - I tell a lie - there is one way you can attempt to protect from these things - through education... but nobody's interested in that. Least of all this UK government.

NK and SK are still technically at war - they were only ever in a tremulous truce arrangement since the last major exchange of fire, and have been this way for quite a while. If you ask me this latest attack by NK is an attention-grabbing move. They've just deliberately shown a guy all their centrifuges for nuclear fuel enrichment who went and reported back to the U.S. - they want back in on the talks and they're quite serious about it, I suppose. But they're going about it like a belligerent child (NK, that is). We shall see what we shall see. China have stayed fairly mute on the matter which is rather predictable of them, given their political position.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
Please Please...no war!! I have seen enough blood and deaths and I begging for peace...we are all humans so there is no point in fighting among ourself. Either North or South Korea it does not matter...we are all human beings breathing the same air. They are going to fight for what?? power? finance? weapons? all these are man made materials and they shall never worth the life and security of humans.

aka958

Don't trust people
LordOfDarkness;290055 said:
I think it's because America is such a large country, it has lots of resources. So they can produce more. I don't think other countries are allowed nuclear weapons, because other countries aren't trusted so much. I'm pretty sure Russia is among the countries that isn't trusted with nuclear weapons. We have like three here, I think. I know here the figure is small.

Lol. Other countries cannot be trusted as much? With all due respect, I trust the US the least of all countries worldwide.

Dante'sgirl;290122 said:
Please Please...no war!! I have seen enough blood and deaths and I begging for peace...we are all humans so there is no point in fighting among ourself. Either North or South Korea it does not matter...we are all human beings breathing the same air. They are going to fight for what?? power? finance? weapons? all these are man made materials and they shall never worth the life and security of humans.

Power. They are seeking influence, influence is control, control is power. The more control a leader has, the more he has at his disposal, that equals power. Gaining resources important to man makes you important to other countries, giving you control over it and gives you power. Every action usually concludes in this. Maybe in the past people fought wars because of territory or maybe just pillaging, but nowadays it is always in the end power that seals the deal.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
aka958;290188 said:
Lol. Other countries cannot be trusted as much? With all due respect, I trust the US the least of all countries worldwide.

You like picking holes in my points don't you? And I don't laugh at your points. However, you laugh at me. Constantly.

America is more trusted than Russia, or say, Germany. There are many Countries that America is trusted more than. America is against Global Terrorism, and helps fight against that. America doesn't create wars, it just get involved in them.

aka958

Don't trust people
LordOfDarkness;290189 said:
You like picking holes in my points don't you? And I don't laugh at your points. However, you laugh at me. Constantly.

America is more trusted than Russia, or say, Germany. There are many Countries that America is trusted more than. America is against Global Terrorism, and helps fight against that. America doesn't create wars, it just get involved in them.

I don't pick holes in your points, that is not my intentions. I don't laugh at you either. If that is what you feel when reading my posts I am giving out the wrong impression. I'm sorry for that.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
aka958;290191 said:
I don't pick holes in your points, that is not my intentions. I don't laugh at you either. If that is what you feel when reading my posts I am giving out the wrong impression. I'm sorry for that.

That's okay, apology appreciated. Not entirely needed, since I take things too literal and wrong at times.

You're entitled to side with who you wish. And trust who you wish. It would be wrong for me to say or think otherwise.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I really don't think Kim would be stupid enough to attempt nuking us...but then again, I don't pay much attention to North Korea because I'm too busy wondering why the hell the vast majority of our troops are fighting in the Middle East and such. We don't have a reason to be there anymore. The only thing we're managing to do is waste our resources on a war that's not boosting our economy.

To me, that sounds like a good reason to recall our troops. Couple that with the possibility that Kim might do something dumb to us, then it's really stupid not to.

I'm not worried about any attack on the US. DT, if I were you, I'd be more worried about current political and economic issues steming from our horrible debt and leader rather than worrying about what one quirky man might do with a bomb or two.

DMC

Devil May Cry
i have the theory for america's endding stage
right now america econmy is bad with the lack
of soldiers. we are vurnable right now lack of money and lack soldiers. if the world attacks america right now were screwed. unless heres a theory for america while rise. america is a greedy country i can tell u that. i think we are going to have president that would be hunger for power and make excuse to go to war and "try" to make peace though out the world.
sorry for making a theory on your forum.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I don't think Kim or his son are really dumb enough to try nuking anybody, least of all 'the West'. Can you imagine the smoking crater NK would be if they actually did push the button? As crazy as he 'might' be, I don't think he's dumb enough to commit suicide by actually starting a nuclear fight with the U.S. and all her allies.

Top Bottom