• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nomura details January Square Enix conference

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Nomura’s shared new details on the “Square Enix 1st Production Department Premier” event, set for January 18th, in the latest issue of Dengeki.

Last Monday, Square Enix delayed the conference from its original January 11th date, as well as announced a name change. The conference was originally known as the “Fabula Nova Crystallis Conference”. The reason for the delay, according to Nomura, is due to magazine publishing schedules. January 18th is a Tuesday, meaning Famitsu won’t leak until later that night.

Nomura’s said that the event’s shifted from being mostly a press event to a “premium event” for the fans. Its focus is video footage.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be there, of course. We’ll hear the Japanese voice of Noctis for the first time and witness a good deal of actual footage from the game. However, Nomura says that the footage we will see is from before the game’s visuals were given a significant boost.

Kingdom Hearts 3DS and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix will also be at the event, the magazine’s confirmed. I believe Final Fantasy Agito XIII was confirmed prior to this update, as well.

Stay tuned. We’re t-minus 29 days and counting from the conference. Let’s hope they end up releasing all of that footage they reveal in HD on the PlayStation Store or to the press in North America.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/12/nomura-details-january-square-enix-conference

Finally, a voice actor for Noctis. Can't wait to hear it, and I hope the conference will reveal the release date of the game ASAP.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
We can only hope, eh? ^_^ I hope they do make a re-make of FFVII...but I don't think it's at the top of their lists right now, no matter how much of a big selling name it is.

aka958

Don't trust people
GamblingGambitCloud;294143 said:
i wonder if we'll hear anything about Dissidia and maybe a VII remake

I think Nomura has announced there will be a "shocking reveal" about Dissidia Duodecim 012 at the conference.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
hopefully it's not that rumor thats goin around about Yuna being in it...i mean i love her....i truly do...but i would like see them announce Auron ya know? or Genesis

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Auron and Genesis are BA! :wub: Auron though. ^^ I haven't tried Dissida yet...is it any good?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
it is amazingly awesome...though parts of it....like the whole game board thing...that's repetitive and annoying...but taking comabt into account...it's a pretty great game...and the sequel/prequel should solve most of the issues with the first one

aka958

Don't trust people
GamblingGambitCloud;294179 said:
hopefully it's not that rumor thats goin around about Yuna being in it...i mean i love her....i truly do...but i would like see them announce Auron ya know? or Genesis

They won't be adding another FFVII character. But still, I would've prefered Genesis as well.

Well, the "shocking reveal" can't be Yuna since there has already been a reveal of her feet on Jump Festa in the closed trailer.

People do seem to hope for Gilgamesh, and some hope that FFVI will get a character despite it has shown phantom train in the closed trailer.

GamblingGambitCloud;294188 said:
it is amazingly awesome...though parts of it....like the whole game board thing...that's repetitive and annoying...but taking comabt into account...it's a pretty great game...and the sequel/prequel should solve most of the issues with the first one

The board thing was just a way to do it all. The fighting is what's it all about.

No worries about the board though, we will get an overworld this time.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
OMFG OMFHG!! WE GET TO HEAR NOCTIS VOICE!! IN JAPANESE!!! OMFG IM GOING TO PASS OUT!!!
/end sarcasm

Seriously, Square Enix is really testing my fandom with Final Fantasy games and these large gaps between new entries. Seriously, Versus XIII is starting to feel like Duke Nukem Forever to me...a ****ing running joke. Then again, even Duke Nukem Forever has a release date, so wtf is the hold up Square!? Show us some more goddamn gameplay and stop trolling my fandom!

Top Bottom