• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No PS4 or Xbox 720 for 2 years at least

Dark Drakan

Admin
According to Bethesda's Todd Howard who has on many occasions stated that Bethesda were originally going to wait for the next generation to release Skyrim but abandoned those plans as the consoles were still capable of a lot more.

In an interview with PSM3 magazine they asked him how long it would be in his opinion before we were to see the new wave of consoles being released and he said the following...

I think it's going to be a while still, I really do. I think consumers are happy with the current ones, there's a lot you can do with them. So I don't think it's coming next year or the year after. Conversations over moving the title to next-gen consoles were "very serious".

"We wanted [Skyrim] to be fresh. We don't want it to feel, visually or technically, 'Oh this is Fallout 3' or 'this is Oblivion' And if we couldn't do that we would have waited.

(CLICK LOGO FOR FULL ARTICLE)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I agree with what he's saying really. I mean, I was always under the impression that next gen consoles were referring to the 'next generation', whatever that is ultimately suppose to mean. Currently next gen consoles only apply to this generation. What I mean is that they have come this far with their technology and given us so much more, that now we have to wait a little longer to see what else they can come up with. In other words, they've outdone themselves on this one. They've rushed everything out their and thought "Yeah, everyone seems happy with our next gen consoles. The PS3, the XBox 360". What they fail to realise is that people always want the next 'best' thing, but releasing something new without it living up to the expectations is pointless. Why make a PS4, if it's identical to the PS3? Why not just play on the PS3? Making a new console and making new games that are only specific to that console isn't enough to just simply say that they have moved forward. What next generation things can they improve on now? It's the same with phones as well. They shove out the new iPhone and people lap it up like dogs drinking water. Then a year later they bring out a new one. And people go out and buy it. Then I hear people saying things like, "Yeah I brought the new iPhone. It's not that much different to the previous one". Well then why buy it in the first place? If I knew something was significantly better about it, like it wasn't going to have a save my life application on there that it pulled out of its ass if I was close to death, then why would I want to go and buy it? People always complain when they don't release something new in a while. There's such a thing as patience. Well, at least there use to be.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I agree with what he's saying really. I mean, I was always under the impression that next gen consoles were referring to the 'next generation', whatever that is ultimately suppose to mean. Currently next gen consoles only apply to this generation. What I mean is that they have come this far with their technology and given us so much more, that now we have to wait a little longer to see what else they can come up with. In other words, they've outdone themselves on this one. They've rushed everything out their and thought "Yeah, everyone seems happy with our next gen consoles. The PS3, the XBox 360". What they fail to realise is that people always want the next 'best' thing, but releasing something new without it living up to the expectations is pointless. Why make a PS4, if it's identical to the PS3? Why not just play on the PS3? Making a new console and making new games that are only specific to that console isn't enough to just simply say that they have moved forward. What next generation things can they improve on now? It's the same with phones as well. They shove out the new iPhone and people lap it up like dogs drinking water. Then a year later they bring out a new one. And people go out and buy it. Then I hear people saying things like, "Yeah I brought the new iPhone. It's not that much different to the previous one". Well then why buy it in the first place? If I knew something was significantly better about it, like it wasn't going to have a save my life application on there that it pulled out of its ass if I was close to death, then why would I want to go and buy it? People always complain when they don't release something new in a while. There's such a thing as patience. Well, at least there use to be.

I agree with him too, i mean yeah the PC is still light years away from console technology and consoles have been holding it back a little but consoles have still got some life in them yet. Who would have thought they would still be able to run some of the games they have seemed to run with ease so long after release. As well as have new technology introduced to them which they handled with ease too. If the 'next' generation of consoles are to be introduced soon then they need to be a huge step up to warrant people spending yet more money on them.

Only one hint has came out that ive seen so far about what the new consoles will be capable of and it was a comment by AMD about Microsofts new console thats in the works as they are again designing for it.

Xbox 720 will have 'graphics like Avatar' - AMD

Top Bottom