• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No online pass for Syndicate

Dark Drakan

Admin
Syndicate.jpg
EA have become quite well known for their controversial online pass systems for their games. However their latest game, the FPS reboot of Bullfrog's classic game Syndicate will not require one for its co-op mode.
A quote by EA was as follows:
The online co-op in Syndicate is equal in substance to the single-player campaign and everyone should have access to the entire game.
Under normal circumstances it would have had an online pass, but because it didn't have competitive multiplayer and because we wanted as many people as possible to be playing co-op, we got away with it.
There are nine maps. It's hard to say, but just to play through the maps once on normal is a good six, seven hours. To progress your character and upgrade a few weapons is a heap of content. That and the single-player campaign means hopefully we won't see much in the way of early second hand sales and rentals.
The game is set for release on Feb 21st

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I hate to sound like a n00b, but what is an online pass for?
Uncharted 3 dropped on my doormat today and it said Online pass on the back of the box...

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
is there really a point to that as long as you have a username and a password.... ?
There is probably more to it than i realise...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
is there really a point to that as long as you have a username and a password.... ?
There is probably more to it than i realise...

It is kind of passport that ties in with your account. For example, if you use an online pass of Uncharted 3 for your PSN account named VeeBee, only that VeeBee account can only play Uncharted 3 online multiplayer. So even if you give your Uncharted 3 to another person to play, he or she must purchase the online pass from online store such as PS Store in order to play the online multiplayer. Some online passes for certain games may unlock some content to the game itself.

If you want to know more, read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_pass

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I actually understand it now. (personally, it just sounds like another way/method for Sony to make more money) Thanks Chaos Raiden :D

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Online pass...to play online?

This is what Eventstatus, Meg and i have been talking about.

If you let game designers disrespect and do what they want - things like this happen...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Or they feel the Syndicate isn't as great as they wanted it to be & they're just trying to sell it.

They simply said that being as it isnt a competitive mode with merely deathmatch and is a co-op story they didnt feel right making people have a pass to use it. Online passes are merely ways to discourage people purchasing games 2nd hand as the companies get no money for someone purchasing a game that way. They cost around $5 to anyone who purchases a used game so they can have full access to the multiplayer features so they at least get something back for the sale. If someone isnt bothered about the multiplayer modes in the games they can buy the games 2nd hand and never bother with purchasing a pass.

A lot of companies reward gamers for purchasing the game new or preordering by offering bonuses. Free Map Packs, DLC, upgrade to Limited Editions for same price as normal version etc.

Top Bottom