• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory, Platinum Games or both?

Which company you will chosse?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

Hmm, I chose Ninja Theory, because I am playing Enslaved and think the game is terrific. But there are some graphic issues and minor gameplay issues which could be better, so Platinum Games could actually make up for such things, and then Ninja Theory could do the storyline and character concepts. So I kinda regret my decision and would now actually pick both.

Tony

Demonslayer
Vergil&Dante;284258 said:
Not involved, but left Capcom, on his own free will, to join Platinum Games to make Bayonetta.

Source: http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...reator-disapproves-of-franchise-reboot-112101
Platinum Games are founded in 2006, I dont know, when he left Capcom, but regarding the fact, that DMC2 and 3 was done wihtout him, I think he left before, or had no rights to work on this games. Whatever, I am sure, he had good reasons to left, but I think also, the reason was NOT to make Platinum games and to work on Bayonetta, because this was long time after DMC2

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Tony;284412 said:
Platinum Games are founded in 2006, I dont know, when he left Capcom, but regarding the fact, that DMC2 and 3 was done wihtout him, I think he left before, or had no rights to work on this games. Whatever, I am sure, he had good reasons to left, but I think also, the reason was NOT to make Platinum games and to work on Bayonetta, because this was long time after DMC2

He worked on 'okami game' in 2006.. and he joined the Platinum Games in late at 2006.. then started with Bayonetta in the jan.2007..
Maybe the reason was something else..?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideki_Kamiya

Tony

Demonslayer
Kamiya worked as the director for the PlayStation 2 version of Clover Studio's Ōkami.

He joined former Capcom colleagues, including Atsushi Inaba and Shinji Mikami, to create a new company, shortly before Clover Studio was closed by Capcom in late 2006.[
yeah, sounds like they had a lot of trouble with each other oO

VirgilTheart

I think I'd go with both. Combine Ninja Theory's skill for plot and Platinum Games' gameplay and it'd definitely be intense.

The only way I could see such a union failing horribly would be if they did so intentionally. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom