• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory, Platinum Games or both?

Which company you will chosse?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
If you have a choice to decide which developers to develop DmC, which company would you choose? Ninja Theory, Platinum Games, or both?

I personally, choose both. Both companies have their own pros and cons, but they are great developers. Ninja Theory is good in making great game storyline, and Platinum Games is good at making addictive, great gameplay. If both of the developers work together, then DmC will be awesome. :D However, I am afraid this collaboration will not happen anytime. :(:(

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I would have to choose both because they are both great companies...if they would get together to create a DMC game it would have fantastic results:cool: But...as you said Chaos...not likely to happen :(

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Faustinasa;283860 said:
I would have to choose both because they are both great companies...if they would get together to create a DMC game it would have fantastic results:cool: But...as you said Chaos...not likely to happen :(

I agree. When I play Heavenly Sword and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, I felt that the gameplay is above average, but not masterpiece. However, both games's storylines are awesome and spectacular. On the other hand, Bayonetta and Vanquish have awesome, addicting gameplay, yet their storyline is mediocre at best, possibly weak storylines for some people.

I felt that if both companies work together, then they can make successful AAA games, like DmC. Let Platinum Games handle the gameplay and art design, and Ninja Theory should handle the storyline and music.

icmasticc

I'm sorry but truth is truth lol. Platinum WTFROFLMAOSTOMPS Ninja Theory into the deepest bowels of hell lol. Ninja Theory is VERY good with plot and characterization but that's where the good stops. We all KNOW Platinum Games would've created the most badass DMC game to date. Truth is definite and ceratin truth lol.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
even though im not he biggest fan of the "new" DMC i realy did not enjoy bayonetta, please dont flame me too hard :(

Tony

Demonslayer
the only person, who could continue the DMC storyline as good as if it would be needed is Hideki, the creator of the original DMC story, so my choice is definitively Platinum Games.
Who ist Ninja Theory? they developed two games and one of them is aweful IMO... wow what overwhelming references

fon

Crazy Chick
Why must everything have to be compared to Platinum Games? Yeah, they're great, but I read that Kamiya didn't want to be involved with DMC anymore.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i would personally choose both for reasons everyone already stated but i would like to see how platinum games would approach the reboot just out of curiosity since i never played Dmc1 and you have to admit any problems capcom had with the series are of their own making because they had to replace Hideki kamiya and i have no special love for the guy but i have to give him respect since he created a series i love

Tony

Demonslayer
fon;283950 said:
Why must everything have to be compared to Platinum Games? Yeah, they're great, but I read that Kamiya didn't want to be involved with DMC anymore.
where did you read this?

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
fon;283950 said:

o_O r u serious? :O
where'd u hear/read this?!?

fon

Crazy Chick
Sorry, I have source fail and probably read it 2 months ago, but he said somewhere that he didn't want to work on DMC anymore because it had been passed around with so many directors he felt it wasn't his anymore. (Something like that...)

Chrysander

Platinum because they make games for the hardcore, which is what DMC should be about. DMC3's story was brilliant, I don't see the need for NT whatsoever.

Tony

Demonslayer
fon;284046 said:
Sorry, I have source fail and probably read it 2 months ago, but he said somewhere that he didn't want to work on DMC anymore because it had been passed around with so many directors he felt it wasn't his anymore. (Something like that...)
I can understand that. It is like they have desecrated his sanctum. But I am sure, if Capcom would give him all the rights on DMC he would try to save it... it was his baby

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Platinum Games. Haven't liked what I've seen so far from Ninja Theory much. The opposite can be said for PG.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The DMC games have had weak stories in general, except 1, so if NT and PG worked together, it'd be pretty awesome. I vote both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom