• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

ninja gaiden 3 razors edge is it good ?

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Just tried and bought Razor's Edge! It's so f'ng awesome!! The blood and gore, the ninja action, Hayabusa, EVERYTHING!! :D

MigsRZXAStylish

Its great and far better than the original version.

Hmmmm.....which do you prefer this or DmC?

For this year, I think I'll enjoy this over DmC! :D I've played NGS and NGS2 (I think the original NG2 for the 360 is better though; but I don't have a 360!)
Now I don't hate DmC, I really do, but I wish it was as enjoyable as DMC1 and DMC3. Even DMC4 didn't even went to the equality of quality for DMC1 and DMC3 as these two are my most fav DMC games; its combat was great and all, especially Dante's (I really like the Style Switching), but I didn't like the fact Nero is the main character and Dante had to backtrack through Nero's path to the beginning where they both met through combat the first time and other things that spoiled my fun (Why did Hiroyuki Kobayashi even produced this? He was rather late on getting in to DMC. There were lots of things that were left out in DMC4 because Capcom rushed Hideaki Itsuno's team because they gave them a freaking deadline. Oh why?)
Therefore, the NG games from the XBox to current gen multi platforms (PS3 and 360) are WAY better than the Devil May Cry games; it doesn't matter which one. DMC3 and DMC4 may have awesome weapons for Dante to wield, but I like Hayabusa's weapons of choice better (his iconic True/Dragon Sword (but due to that weapon absorbed into his arm, he had to use Hayate's Jinran-Maru and later Genshin's Blade of the Archfiend), Dual Katanas (although it's Jinran-Maru and BoTA wielded together; I prefer the True Dragon Sword and BoTA wielded together and the original Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang Dual Katanas), Kusari-Gama, Lunar Staff, Eclipse Scythe, Falcon's Talons; the weapons that were left out in NG3RE were the Vigoorian Flail and the Tonfas).

I have made my own customized Ninja on the ready. I really love the replayability of this more over any Devil May Cry game!

Ryu Hayabusa is truly the true ninja (better than those Naruto ninjas!), the epitome of the present-day ninja (love that Legendary Black Falcon outfit of his; it looks like he'd be ready for espionage, gathering intel, etc.)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Interesting....also Kobayashi was executive producer for Devil May Cry (1) and producer for Resident Evil 4 so he's been with DMC before Itsuno was so that was why he was brought on board for DMC4.

As for NG....yes its a great series and I would prefer it over DMC if they at least allowed on the fly weapon switching and is a bit disappointed that the gameplay really doesn't change much from the first 3D Ninja Gaiden games (Black) to now (Razor's Edge). I mean NG3 has that whole Bones on Steel mechanic (A GODSEND) but that really is just a counter attack mechanic to the enemies execution moves.

MigsRZXAStylish

I see. So he was one of the producers for DMC1 back then...

I did notice the gameplay was the same for NG from the XBox to PS3/360. But they added some new twists in it, like Obliteration Techniques for NG2/NGS2, and (correction) Steel on Bone counters for NG3RE.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I still prefer dmc3 and dmc4s combat over this game and ng 1 but in my opinion ninja gaiden 2 trumps em all. However my favorite game of all time is still Dmc3 se followed by Dmc4 then ng2 , im really getting into razors edge though and its far superior to the dmc reboot.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I still prefer dmc3 and dmc4s combat over this game and ng 1 but in my opinion ninja gaiden 2 trumps em all. However my favorite game of all time is still Dmc3 se followed by Dmc4 then ng2 , im really getting into razors edge though and its far superior to the dmc reboot.

Glad your enjoying it dont forget about joining me on live

MigsRZXAStylish

told you it was a great game

I know, right? Onward to Hard, then Master Ninja, and then ULTIMATE NINJA!!
But first I need to get more Gold Scarabs to get the Kusari-Gama, as that is the only weapon I have not unlocked.

MigsRZXAStylish

My free trial expired, so I'm gonna DL the online pass so that I can compete or team up with fellow Dragon Ninjas worldwide!

All in all, I AM SO ENJOYING THIS RIGHT NOW!! :D

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ultimate ninja is almost the same the only difference is the enemy layout per level and extra alchemists and hits do more damage. So beat that and the ultimate trials and you will be a true dragon ninja but it wnt be easy.

Top Bottom