• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NGZ: Not A Real NG Entry?

Is Ninja Gaiden X: Yaiba Not Deserving Of The NG Name?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well based on what I've seen gameplay wise. Its drastically different from Ninja Gaiden. Has a stronger emphasis on crowd control similar to Koei's Dynasty Warriors.

Well it can't be any worse than Ninja Gaiden 3.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well based on what I've seen gameplay wise. Its drastically different from Ninja Gaiden. Has a stronger emphasis on crowd control similar to Koei's Dynasty Warriors.

Well it can't be any worse than Ninja Gaiden 3.

that i will agree with

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I've seen more of the game based on the build displayed at E3 2013 and based on what I've seen gameplay wise. I'm sort of disappointed.

I'm not upset its not exactly like Ninja Gaiden but I'm upset at what I'm seeing.

Based on what I've SEEN thus far it looks like a really generic action game (something you see from a license movie game like those superheroes movies such as that Thor and Green Lantern movie games or even Deadpool).

The only thing remotely NG in it is the evade slide from NG3 (using elements from NG3.......now that isn't much of a good sign).

It even looks awfully button smashy (granted NG compared to most other HnS like DMC and Bayonetta is pretty button smashy) but it looks more button smashy.

The attack animations looks awful sloppy even, I know it could Yaiba's wild fighting style but still. One thing I liked about NG was that everyone had finesse and accuracy in their strikes as well as each frame of each attack was neatly timed and the character animation and movement were well paced and even smooth. This looks terrible, with the exception of when he is using the nunchuks now that looks sweet.

I think the most daming issue I have with the game is the fact...............it runs on the Unreal Engine 3 at 30 fps.

I would say its DmC all over again but at least Capcom had some secret technique that can make an action game that runs at 30 fps, feel or look like it runs at 60 fps. Whatever opinion you have of DmC at least it looked far smoother than this.

Not to mention that Spark is working on this......of all people Inafune could pick.....he picks them. They were better off choosing Gearbox, if Inafune and Team Ninja wanted a more western comic book artstyle they we're a good choice and if they wanted Yaiba Z to be funny and crudely hilarious in a western sense Borderlands is far more creative and funny (not really but its at least better than the generic, cliche jokes Yaiba has to offer so far........they're not even jokes they're swearing and crude words meant to sound funny) or better yet hire Klei Entertainment (creators behind Mark of the Ninja and Shank) if you want a western styled aesthetics and western take on ninjas.

My only positive thing about the game is the western comic book aesthetics looks really nice and the platforming (or is that really it not really sure) looks pretty good, Yaiba looks more of a ninja than Ryu and co did in the past NG games, as well as how zombies are integrated into not only the combat but even puzzle solving creating some cool puzzles and progression and even some somewhat funny moments.

Oh another problem...............zombies!? Really!?!?

Now you KNOW they're trying to appeal to westerners hardcore by including one of the most overly popular topic in the western (mostly American) media. If this was like a few years ago it might have had vampires instead of zombies (Twilight reference).

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I've seen more of the game based on the build displayed at E3 2013 and based on what I've seen gameplay wise. I'm sort of disappointed.

I'm not upset its not exactly like Ninja Gaiden but I'm upset at what I'm seeing.

Based on what I've SEEN thus far it looks like a really generic action game (something you see from a license movie game like those superheroes movies such as that Thor and Green Lantern movie games or even Deadpool).

The only thing remotely NG in it is the evade slide from NG3 (using elements from NG3.......now that isn't much of a good sign).

It even looks awfully button smashy (granted NG compared to most other HnS like DMC and Bayonetta is pretty button smashy) but it looks more button smashy.

The attack animations looks awful sloppy even, I know it could Yaiba's wild fighting style but still. One thing I liked about NG was that everyone had finesse and accuracy in their strikes as well as each frame of each attack was neatly timed and the character animation and movement were well paced and even smooth. This looks terrible, with the exception of when he is using the nunchuks now that looks sweet.

I think the most daming issue I have with the game is the fact...............it runs on the Unreal Engine 3 at 30 fps.

I would say its DmC all over again but at least Capcom had some secret technique that can make an action game that runs at 30 fps, feel or look like it runs at 60 fps. Whatever opinion you have of DmC at least it looked far smoother than this.

Not to mention that Spark is working on this......of all people Inafune could pick.....he picks them. They were better off choosing Gearbox, if Inafune and Team Ninja wanted a more western comic book artstyle they we're a good choice and if they wanted Yaiba Z to be funny and crudely hilarious in a western sense Borderlands is far more creative and funny (not really but its at least better than the generic, cliche jokes Yaiba has to offer so far........they're not even jokes they're swearing and crude words meant to sound funny) or better yet hire Klei Entertainment (creators behind Mark of the Ninja and Shank) if you want a western styled aesthetics and western take on ninjas.

My only positive thing about the game is the western comic book aesthetics looks really nice and the platforming (or is that really it not really sure) looks pretty good, Yaiba looks more of a ninja than Ryu and co did in the past NG games, as well as how zombies are integrated into not only the combat but even puzzle solving creating some cool puzzles and progression and even some somewhat funny moments.

Oh another problem...............zombies!? Really!?!?

Now you KNOW they're trying to appeal to westerners hardcore by including one of the most overly popular topic in the western (mostly American) media. If this was like a few years ago it might have had vampires instead of zombies (Twilight reference).

Thats a pretty fair review all of which has me stating i will not buy lol

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Thats a pretty fair review all of which has me stating i will not buy lol

Actually I also forgot one other positive.

The game based on what I've seen does seem hard and challenging at certain times (granted its not Ninja Gaiden levels.....yet).

However, the generic enemies are literally brain dead and slow (I guess zombies was never a good idea for a fast paced action game).

Yaiba Z is probably the first time I've seen zombies in a fast paced action game (they're usually in more mediate and slow paced game genres such as survival horror or shooters).........well there is Lollipop Chainsaw but that game isn't what I'll call fast paced or even a good action game.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Actually I also forgot one other positive.

The game based on what I've seen does seem hard and challenging at certain times (granted its not Ninja Gaiden levels.....yet).

However, the generic enemies are literally brain dead and slow (I guess zombies was never a good idea for a fast paced action game).

Yaiba Z is probably the first time I've seen zombies in a fast paced action game (they're usually in more mediate and slow paced game genres such as survival horror or shooters).........well there is Lollipop Chainsaw but that game isn't what I'll call fast paced or even a good action game.

Are the enemies atleast hard or challenging or is it just theres so many its hard?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Are the enemies atleast hard or challenging or is it just theres so many its hard?

Well the amount of the zombies that attack you can be annoying and the fact that they can latch on you and drain health (and a lot of it) makes them at least a threat when in groups but on their own or in a small pack...pfft not a big deal at all but the more bigger, heavy enemies puts a decent challenge on their own and this one mini-boss enemy can be pretty tough due to packing a mighty punch although has a predictable and simple attack pattern and in stage the game throws like 2-3 of the mini bosses at you but still not THAT hard especially if you have the Bloodlust gauge full and ready.

Its a good challenge for people new to the action game genre or novices but if you can beat Ninja Gaiden on Master/Legendary Ninja Mode it'll most likely be easy.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well the amount of the zombies that attack you can be annoying and the fact that they can latch on you and drain health (and a lot of it) makes them at least a threat when in groups but on their own or in a small pack...pfft not a big deal at all but the more bigger, heavy enemies puts a decent challenge on their own and this one mini-boss enemy can be pretty tough due to packing a mighty punch although has a predictable and simple attack pattern and in stage the game throws like 2-3 of the mini bosses at you but still not THAT hard especially if you have the Bloodlust gauge full and ready.

Its a good challenge for people new to the action game genre or novices but if you can beat Ninja Gaiden on Master/Legendary Ninja Mode it'll most likely be easy.

zombies lol had to be zombies

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I've seen some gameplay footage of it. It seems like God of War Ascension in some cases.

But I think it will be Ninja Gaiden hard difficulty. At least it's fast-paced, and the graphical art reminds me of that from the games of Suda 51 (Goichi Suda).

Top Bottom