• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

next one: DMC5 or DmC2? checking sources

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
hey guys :)

recently Chibi Cloud posted a link to an article dealing with CAPCOM's upcoming games:
http://www.oxm.co.uk/41853/capcom-wants-resident-evil-7-devil-may-cry-5-lost-planet-4-by-2015/
The title, featuring "Devil may cry 5", was ambiguous and led some fans to speculate about the next DMC in 2015: some claimed it would be a return to the original series while other said it was very unlikely, I wanted to know more about this so I have decided to email Edwin Evans-Thirlwell, the author.

I have created this thread to let you know what the answer will be if the author took the time to answer, but also to include your eventual suggestions into my mail in case I express something wrongly. (and to let you check my spelling and so on xD)

so here is the draft:

Your article published on May 24th led to speculations among the fans as regards the nature of Capcom's next Devil may Cry game. The series has been subjected to a recent scenaristic reboot which might no longer concern the "Devil may cry 5" that you are announcing. Did CAPCOM, Ninja Theory or any other source give you any information about a next devil may cry installment being planned after DmC: Devil may cry (out on January 2013), and did you logically assume that it would be named "Devil may cry 5" because the last one was the 4th or was this very title formulated to you in those accurate terms by the previously mentioned sources? I would be glad to make the fuss resulting from that information end by publicly heralding your clarification on one of the most significant devil may cry fan forums.

Thanks in advance,
best regards,

A devil may cry fan.

Time without answer: 1 week

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Good idea man! Here's my revision. Hope you like it. :D
Hello,

The article you published on May 24th, 2012, led to speculations among Devil May Cry fans regarding the nature of Capcom's next Devil May Cry game. The series has been subjected to a recent scenaristic reboot which might no longer concern the "Devil May Cry 5" that you are announcing. Did CAPCOM, Ninja Theory or any other source give you any information about a new Devil May Cry installment being planned after DmC: Devil May Cry (out on January 15th, 2013), or did you logically assume that it would be named "Devil May Cry 5" because the last one was the 4th, or was this very title formulated to you in those accurate terms by previously mentioned sources? I would be glad to make the fuss resulting from that information end by publicly heralding your clarification on one of the most significant Devil May Cry fan forums.

Thanks in advance,
best regards,

A Devil May Cry fan.

thisparty'sgettinCRAZY

The original quote said nothing about DMC5 or DmC2 so we know nothing yet.
"For DMC Devil May Cry, development will require five years due to the time needed to select development companies because of our decision to switch to external development," Haruhiro Tsujimoto said. "But our goal is to reduce the cycle to 2.5 years for subsequent titles in this series."

This is the original quote. Like I said earlier, the title of the article was written that way because of a) confusion or b) to get more page views. And he even says DMC Devil May Cry, not just Devil May Cry, so if anything it's a sequel to DmC, and at the same time I don't think the game will sell enough to get a sequel anyway.

Danteredgrave

OK, after a few formal modifications (nothing changed as regards the content) the following message has been sent:

Hence the title of your article published on May 24th (http://www.oxm.co.uk/41853/capcom-wants-resident-evil-7-devil-may-cry-5-lost-planet-4-by-2015/) led to speculations among the fans as regards the nature of Capcom's next Devil may Cry game I decided to ask you for a little clarification. The series has been subjected to a recent reboot which might no longer concern the "Devil may cry 5" that you are announcing. Did CAPCOM, Ninja Theory or any other source give you any information about a next devil may cry installment being planned after DmC: Devil May Cry (out on January 2013)? And did you logically assume that it would be named "Devil may cry 5" because the last one was the 4th (instead of DmC: Devil May Cry 2) or was this very title formulated to you in those accurate terms by the previously mentioned sources? I would be glad to make the fuss resulting from that information end by publicly heralding your clarification on one of the most significant devil may cry fan forums.

Thanks in advance and sorry for asking you to spend time to answer,
best regards,

A devil may cry fan.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Remember its Capcom ! its not eidos or kojima productions ITS CAPCOM ! they just never listen to the fans

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Remember its Capcom ! its not eidos or kojima productions ITS CAPCOM ! they just never listen to the fans
I guess it also depends on which Capcom we are talking about.
Capcom Japan,
Capcom UK, or
Capcom USA?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Hope they listen. But judging by how we waited for so long for an interview from Ninja Theory, I doubt we'll get anything from CAPCOM.

Danteredgrave

UPDATE: It's been a week, no answer yet.
For the sake of clarity, I remind you that the mail has been sent to the official XBOX 360 magazine, which published ambiguous content, not to any branch of capcom.

Dante47

I hope the next one is DMC5. It could prove profitable to have both a new DmC game after every DMC game. It would be a win-win solution. Especially for me, since I love both series. :p

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I hope the next one is DMC5. It could prove profitable to have both a new DmC game after every DMC game. It would be a win-win solution. Especially for me, since I love both series. :p

Well if its a DMC 5 then its definitely gonna take some time at least more than 4 yrs

Top Bottom