• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New voice for Dante

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Your picking nobodies instead of a passionate Dante voice actor?

I like Reuben and all but Troy Baker and Steven Blum are FAAAAARRRRRRR superior actors than Reuben....mainly Troy.

They are not nobodies.

They've been in the acting/voice acting shtick longer than Reuben and Troy is so good he can play any role. He was listed to play Joker in the next Batman Arkham game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfqVFYt9oa8

I nominate Troy. Reuben plays a great Dante (and a great Ken and a great Masamune) but Troy can play almost any role amazingly.

He played Joel in Last of Us and even Booker in Bioshock. Just having him in DMC especially as Dante would generate more press for the game alone. He is that famous in the gaming industry (especially when it comes to voice acting).

Reuben doesn't hold a light or candle to him.

As for playing Dante, he can easily play Dante considering he played characters who exhibits similar character traits (such as Jake from RE6) and even Reuben said he wasn't so sure of playing Dante in DMC4 since he was in his 30s and Reuben (despite being in his 30s himself) doesn't really do a good job at portraying adults or fully grown/middle aged characters.

Troy can most likely portray Dante the best of all the past voice actors for Dante.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
OUR FRIENDSHIP IS OVER!!!
tumblr_lekudbHJHN1qfu7o1o1_500.jpg

IncarnatedDemon

Neither was Reuben when they got him to play Dante in DMC3 nor was Johnny when he was hired to do Nero in DMC4 or Tim Phillips but they all still got roles.
I know. I was not being very serious.

I am sure that guy is good actor, but how can you say Reuben is a bad one when his performance for Dante was to be goofy most of time from 3 and 4.
Dante isnt a bloody poetist. Hes a character that liks to fool around but at same time be serious.
So before we say "Lets give it to Troy Baker", lets give Reuben a chance to play a role that will be more serious.

Honestly i dont see point of changing to another voice actor when we already have one at disposal.

I believe Reubens passion will come a long way, and i chose to believe in the guy.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I know. I was not being very serious.

I am sure that guy is good actor, but how can you say Reuben is a bad one when his performance for Dante was to be goofy most of time from 3 and 4.
Dante isnt a bloody poetist. Hes a character that liks to fool around but at same time be serious.
So before we say "Lets give it to Troy Baker", lets give Reuben a chance to play a role that will be more serious.

Honestly i dont see point of changing to another voice actor when we already have one at disposal.

I believe Reubens passion will come a long way, and i chose to believe in the guy.

Reuben had his chance to play a more serious Dante.

Z

And the Japanese voice did a better job at it.

Plus Troy has played roles goofy as DMC3-4 Dante. He can play any role well whereas Reuben mainly excels in a couple roles he knows best.

Its not a matter of if Reuben can do a serious Dante, a stoic Dante, a gay Dante, an emo Dante, a girly Dante, or lazy Dante whatever Reuben can do Troy can most likely do better.....he is just that good.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
......what anime is she from?

I would say I recognize her but I'm most likely mistaken her for pink haired anime girl #133 or pink haired anime girl #274.

She's from some anime with some name. I hope you can spot her in this mob. I mean, it's not that hard, right?
389586-favorite_anime_super.jpg

Okay, as we're sort of discussing voices, I'd like to say that as much as I like Troy Baker, I think other voice actors should get a chance to play leading roles. Also, Troy has a lot of experience and through that experience was able to become a better actor. Reuben Langdon only has like three leading roles under his belt: Dante in DMC3, Dante in DMC4, and Masamune Date in Sengoku Basara 3. Ken Masters of Street Fighter and Dante in Marvel vs Capcom 3 along with his "random" NPC roles don't really count since they're not as "serious" as a game that revolves around the main character he voices. Troy on the other hand has animes, cartoon, and games all under his belt. Some of them were high production like Final Fantasy XIII, The Last of Us, inFAMOUS: Second Son, and Bioshock: Infinite. He probably received professional training for his roles too. So, lets say Reuben gets more roles, I would not be surprised if he goes from kind of awkward to a professional voice actor after a couple of roles. C'mon, you all would pay to play a game where Reuben plays an eccentric, sad, and twisted detective recently divorced and gets involved/falls in love with a ghost hunter name Nathaniel. This goes for pretty much anything. Everything begins strange, unfamiliar, and awkward. Amazing teachers were not always like that. They probably began dull and anxious before becoming interesting and engaging. So, maybe we can deal with Reuben being cruddy for a while and watch him evolve after each DMC and be amazed at his performance.

Also, I'd like to throw in Christopher Sabat as a possible voice for old Dante or even Sparda; I would be the happiest kid knowing who my father was. Bear with me, it's a long video.

And James Arnold Taylor for some other role since I don't think JAT likes to play "vulgar" roles; I may be mistaken. Still, this an awesome video about voice actors and their abilities.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
She's from some anime with some name. I hope you can spot her in this mob. I mean, it's not that hard, right?
389586-favorite_anime_super.jpg

Okay, as we're sort of discussing voices, I'd like to say that as much as I like Troy Baker, I think other voice actors should get a chance to play leading roles. Also, Troy has a lot of experience and through that experience was able to become a better actor. Reuben Langdon only has like three leading roles under his belt: Dante in DMC3, Dante in DMC4, and Masamune Date in Sengoku Basara 3. Ken Masters of Street Fighter and Dante in Marvel vs Capcom 3 along with his "random" NPC roles don't really count since they're not as "serious" as a game that revolves around the main character he voices. Troy on the other hand has animes, cartoon, and games all under his belt. Some of them were high production like Final Fantasy XIII, The Last of Us, inFAMOUS: Second Son, and Bioshock: Infinite. He probably received professional training for his roles too. So, lets say Reuben gets more roles, I would not be surprised if he goes from kind of awkward to a professional voice actor after a couple of roles. C'mon, you all would pay to play a game where Reuben plays an eccentric, sad, and twisted detective recently divorced and gets involved/falls in love with a ghost hunter name Nathaniel. This goes for pretty much anything. Everything begins strange, unfamiliar, and awkward. Amazing teachers were not always like that. They probably began dull and anxious before becoming interesting and engaging. So, maybe we can deal with Reuben being cruddy for a while and watch him evolve after each DMC and be amazed at his performance.

Also, I'd like to throw in Christopher Sabat as a possible voice for old Dante or even Sparda; I would be the happiest kid knowing who my father was. Bear with me, it's a long video.

And James Arnold Taylor for some other role since I don't think JAT likes to play "vulgar" roles; I may be mistaken. Still, this an awesome video about voice actors and their abilities.

Oh that creepy freaky chick from Fooly Cooly (I forgot all their names).

See your point. I want Troy Baker the most but I'm up for other options perhaps Robin Atkin Downes.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Hey, Haruka Haruko from FLCL is sexy and awesome. My avatar is not her though. I said in my previous comment where she's from. Google it if you want to see.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Oh that creepy freaky chick from Fooly Cooly (I forgot all their names).

See your point. I want Troy Baker the most but I'm up for other options perhaps Robin Atkin Downes.

Haruko Haruhara?
395639-bigthumbnail.jpg

Me, I'm open to tons of possibilities for voice casts. You never know when something will surprise you.

Top Bottom