• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New voice for Dante

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
what the title says. if we get a DmC2, i'd like to keep the guy we got. if we get DMC5, i hope we get Steve Blum.

you guys?

IncarnatedDemon

Reuben Langdon, even if its a dmc1 sequel by Platinum Games.

Reuben knows his ****. While RebootDante´s actor (Tim phillilps, is he related to the TV brand?) was unaware that DmC was a reboot,
Reuben Langdon was somewhere else with Nero´s actor reflecting on how DMC3 was a reboot and that DmC is also a reboot.

Drew Combs is also fine because he voiced dmc1 Dante.

But i think Reuben would be a great pick. He is passionate about the character, and hence i believe in him.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If they have Dante in DmC2 around the same age as the first game, don't see a point in changing voice actors.

On the other hand, if he's older, then get someone else to voice it..as for who...I have no idea:p

Reuben Langdon, even if its a dmc1 by Hideki Kamiya.

Reuben knows his ****.
I couldn't see Langdon being DmC Dante. To me, he is, and always will be, DMC3 and 4 Dante. Heck, they dressed the guy up as DMC3 Dante for a commercial. It would be too weird for me to see him in the reboot.
Unless NT Dante goes under a drastic personality change, I can't see Langdon being this Dante...unless it was more like anime Dante...that I would be okay with.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I hate any game that changes the voice actors unless the plot or age demands it. It bugs me how many times this has happened in Resident Evil with so many voice switches for Chris and Jill I've lost count, [I swear if they ever get rid of Alyson Court for Claire Redfield, I'll cry me a river :'(]

So yeah, no new voices. Stick with the originals for each.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Tim Phillipps is actually the perfect age to not only voice Dante, but play Dante as well, so his voice is the right pitch for new Dante if the aging process of his character is consistent. Who knows maybe the next DmC2 is gonna be like the DMC1 of the DmC universe where Dante's like 28 or 35.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I hate any game that changes the voice actors unless the plot or age demands it. It bugs me how many times this has happened in Resident Evil with so many voice switches for Chris and Jill I've lost count, [I swear if they ever get rid of Alyson Court for Claire Redfield, I'll cry me a river :'(]

So yeah, no new voices. Stick with the originals for each.

dante's voice is changed just as much as batman actors. and i think that blum will bring that snarky and playful attitude while still holding maintaining that dark and edgy nature of the character (because contrary to belief, dante, at his core, is a very dark character). and in many ways spike is a lot like dante

DragonMaster2010

dante's voice is changed just as much as batman actors. and i think that blum will bring that snarky and playful attitude while still holding maintaining that dark and edgy nature of the character (because contrary to belief, dante, at his core, is a very dark character). and in many ways spike is a lot like dante

I'm gonna have to disagree. Dante is a dorky character who happens to do cool things. Spike is more real and actually lets his actions do the talking.

Dante can't hold a candle to Spike.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Nolan North. Hell, have everyone - no, everything be voiced by Nolan North. The floor will be voiced by Nolan North. Ebony & Ivory's shots will be voiced by Nolan North. The style meter will be voiced by Nolan North. The air, water, and weather will be voiced by Nolan North.

Dante, voiced by Nolan North, will open a door, voiced by Nolan North, talk to Kat, voiced by Nolan North, leaves, puts on a coat, voiced by Nolan North, and run while dogs, voiced by Nolan North, barks. Dante's, voiced by Nolan North, boots, voiced by Nolan North, will make footstep sounds, voiced by Nolan North, on the concrete pavement, voiced by Nolan North, and then encounters demons, voiced by Nolan North, kills them with Rebellion and other weapons, all voiced by Nolan North, which causes his style meter, voiced by Nolan North, to rise and exclaim different levels. Meanwhile, Vergil, voiced by Nolan North, plots with his demon legion, all voiced by Nolan North, and unsheates Yamato, voiced by Nolan North, causing it make a "shwing" sound, voiced by Nolan North, as a signal for the demons, voiced by Nolan North, to attack.

Nolan North is the best.

Hells yeah!

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Voice actor of spike speigel ? Hell fu**king yeah ! finally we can have a BADASS Dante who is equally charming and badass instead of being an obnoxious clown.

Though i have a bad feeling that capcom would still somehow find a way to make him sound like a stupid ladies man -_-

Reactions: Jak

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Steve Blum eh? That would be pretty cool. Spike and Mugen happen to be one of my favorite characters ever. DMC5 Dante would instantly be my favorite honestly. And if not then maybe Mike Erwin from the Jak and Daxter series. He voiced Jak in II and III, I believe.

Anyone remember that?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reuben Langdon for both (DmC2 and DMC5)
He could actually redeem DmC Dante. Personally, I'd be more accepting to re-Dante if he did the VO. Because then NT would've made good on their word and given us a Dante that is more like the 'old' Dante we love. Even if he still looks like ****.

AlastorSword

I could go for Troy Baker. Since his FFXIII character Snow Villiers has some uncanny resemblance to Dante in DMC4, not to mention they have the campy cowboy attitude, I think he would do Dante fine...
Troy is a good voice actor indeed.... though, admittedly, I disliked Snow with a passion :steve:
His work with people like Kazkis, Valvatorez and Delsin for the upcoming Infamous SS game, are quite good though.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Troy is a good voice actor indeed.... though, admittedly, I disliked Snow with a passion :steve:
His work with people like Kazkis, Valvatorez and Delsin for the upcoming Infamous SS game, are quite good though.
He does some pretty good voice acting. He was Booker in Bioshock and Joel in Last of us. I also found out that he did cartoon VA as well. Pretty talented. I wouldn't mind seeing him voice Dante, but only if Langdon couldn't.
As for DmC, stick with Tim unless Dante ages a lot.

With you on the Snow hatred btw:p

DragonMaster2010

Reuben Langdon for both (DmC2 and DMC5)
He could actually redeem DmC Dante. Personally, I'd be more accepting to re-Dante if he did the VO. Because then NT would've made good on their word and given us a Dante that is more like the 'old' Dante we love. Even if he still looks like ****.
But then Reuben would have to act and sound like NTDante because thats what the script would ask for. I think Tim Phillipps did a great job as Dante and should continue being new Dante.

AlastorSword

He does some pretty good voice acting. He was Booker in Bioshock and Joel in Last of us. I also found out that he did cartoon VA as well. Pretty talented. I wouldn't mind seeing him voice Dante, but only if Langdon couldn't.
As for DmC, stick with Tim unless Dante ages a lot.

With you on the Snow hatred btw:p
Like I said he's quite talented lol. Also I wouldn't mind him voicing Dante either, though Steve Blum would be my first choice. As for DmC Dante, I think his voice should stay as is. It fits like a puzzle v_v

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
But then Reuben would have to act and sound like NTDante because thats what the script would ask for. I think Tim Phillipps did a great job as Dante and should continue being new Dante.

LOL you don't understand the amount of faith I've got in this guy. Reuben could still do it better, but I'm totally biased.

IncarnatedDemon

I will slay any demon in this thread if you suggest anyone else except for Reuben for a future DMC 5/DMC 1 sequel, with exception of Drew Combs.
Reuben is passionate about Devil May Cry and he even has said he hopes to work again as Dante.

Believe in him being able to fullfill a role that is not usual DMC 3.
A role where he is asked to be serious.
Whether he fails or succeeds i think if he truly is as passionate about Dante and Devil May Cry as he seems to be, hes worth playing the role.

Top Bottom