• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New sword-wielding antagonist for Nero in the next game

Choose a type of sword(s) for a new antagonist to wield in DMC6

• African sword

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Asian sword

• Southeast Asian sword

• Middle Eastern sword

• Mesoamerican sword

• Asian sword

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
We need a new sword wielder for next game.

We got two European sword wielders like Dante & Nero. Plus an Asian sword like a katana Vergil wields as he fights like a samurai.

If DMC6 introduces us a new antagonist to be at Nero’s level as the young hunter is still fresh, what kind of sword would be suitable for this one?

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
It'd help if you had some examples of these swords and the styles for wielding them. The series is about styling on demons with flashy combos. What does having a sword from a different region contribute to the game when we've got five straight games in the series with "Kick 13" for every gauntlet weapon (or bareknuckle style) and "Stinger" any time there's a sword? Agni and Rudra are the exception, I guess, being scimitars.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
It'd help if you had some examples of these swords and the styles for wielding them. The series is about styling on demons with flashy combos. What does having a sword from a different region contribute to the game when we've got five straight games in the series with "Kick 13" for every gauntlet weapon (or bareknuckle style) and "Stinger" any time there's a sword? Agni and Rudra are the exception, I guess, being scimitars.
Yeah. Sorry.

Asian swords
  • Dao
Chinese-Sword-001.jpg

• Jian
f88a7ab0d6c94889b19dcf8ac45b5b9e.jpg

• Hookswords
  • Korean Do
  • Geom

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Those images have a redirect notice. Lemme FTFY.

Hookswords:
6300075-twin-hook-swords-poly.jpg

Korean Do / Jikdo:

Jikdo_Straight_sword_01_800x.JPG

Geom (Samin-Geom):

sword_26h.jpg

Khopesh:

AH-4316.jpg

Pata:

Pata-1-Archit-Patel.jpg

Khanda:

Rajput_Khanda.jpg

Kasthane:

Sri_Lankan_Kasthane_3_-993x230.jpg

Talwar:

Indian_tulwar_-_talwar_sword.jpg

Urumi:

f977023daa5ca6b772f6a6ad0d01aaed.jpg

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If its the character you pitched in the other thread, I'd go with a middle eastern sword.

The Khanda just looks the coolest.
I think the Khanda looks cool too for my antagonist idea.

Just need a good sword that screams to the fans.

Hungry Alien

Why not simply a rapier ? Some good old duelist style to contrast with Nero's all in fighting style. It's still an european fighting style, but it would stand out from what we have in the serie.

Goldsickle

Maybe the rival antagonist is a "sword collector" and has four arms, wielding various types of swords in each hand, instead of just one?
And he wants to add Nero's Red Queen to his collection.
That would solve the problem of "one or the other" sword.

Yes, I know it sounds like a certain villain from Star Wars.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I've come up with a new antagonist for DMC6!

His name is Caligula (named after one of the Roman emperors)

Either a demon who was locked away by Mundus for challenging him, escapes to the human world for fun and to takeover the throne or a human who used what's left of the Qliphoth to become a full-fledged demon lord.

His main weaponry will be dual wielding a khopesh & kris, while his firearm is a crossbow.

Think of him as like Isaac from Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. But mind less like Joker's.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Maybe the rival antagonist is a "sword collector" and has four arms, wielding various types of swords in each hand, instead of just one?
And he wants to add Nero's Red Queen to his collection.
That would solve the problem of "one or the other" sword.

Yes, I know it sounds like a certain villain from Star Wars.
Thought you were talking about Gilgamesh, but that guy has 6 arms.

Goldsickle

Thought you were talking about Gilgamesh, but that guy has 6 arms.
6 arms is good too X3

Maybe two of the arms are wielding Agni and Rudra, which the demon has procured earlier.
A nice way to revisit old ideas, like how DMC5 brought back Shadow, Nightmare, Death Scissors and so on.

Like how you destroy two of Cerberus's head when his health is low in DMC3, maybe lowering this demon's health will disarm the demon one by one, leaving Agni and Rudra last.
Defeating the demon gets you the swords back.

Top Bottom