• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New RP? (interest thread)

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
A few years ago we had a pretty epic RP going on this site. Needless to say it was the highlight of my day.
I would like to get another one going. If anyone is interested please let me know. I have a bit of a plot in mind.
But that all depends on how high interest is.
Also some not so fun bits...Rules:
Obviously standard RP rules apply. But in addition to those, I want to add these.
1. PAY ATTENTION TO WHERE THE ACTION IS!!!!
example: If the action is happening in Fortuna, don't all of a sudden move the action to Dante's shop. There were a few OC's that did this in the last RP I did here. I won't mention names but, they did just that. You have no idea how confusing it was to be in Fortuna and then have someone move the rp to Devil May Cry. I did everything I could to hide Trish's confusion but honestly she was as confused as I was.

2. Limit 2 MC's per RPer.
One RPer can play a maximum of 2 MC's (Main Characters, such as Dante, Vergil, Nero, Lady etc)
This rule only really becomes apparent if we need to double up on MC's.

That's all I can think of now for rules. I will edit if i think of more.

Lastly if this sounds awesome and you want to do this, post below or shoot me a PM. You can tell me if you want to play a certain character or an OC.

List of MC's avilable:
Dante
Vergil
Lady
Nero
Kyrie
Arkham/Jester (?)
Credo (?)
Agnus (?)
Mundus (?)
Santus (?)

The characters that have question marks next to them, are characters I am aware are dead/sealed but i think it would be interesting to bring back. If you guys don't want to bring back Arkham, Mundus or Santus, we could have an entirely new villain.
And I did not list Trish, because obviously I'll be playing her.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm all for it. ^^ I'll be using my OC, Phenex (he's sort of my golden boy). :blush: How much info do you require pertaining to OCs? Will a basic rundown of his personality, powers, and limitations suffice?

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Required Info for OCs

Name:
Race:
Powers/abilities:
Pshyical appearance:
Weapons:
Background:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Before I decide, is there any kind of plot you have in mind for the RP, or are we just winging it? =)

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
I have some plot in mind. however I will decide more when I know who's playing the other MCs

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Name: Phenex

Race: Phoenix, (but for the sake of the RP, fire demon)

Age: appears to be in his mid-to-late 20's; actual age is 322

Powers/abilities: Uses fire magic, is agile and fairly well learned in basic forms of hand-to-hand combat as well as a few more advanced skills, rapid regeneration, healing magic, good physical strength.

Physical appearance: Tousled auburn hair, golden-amber (tawny) eyes, lightly tanned, stands at 6 feet tall, broad shoulders but otherwise lean musculature. Has two golden hoops in his right ear, a tribal sun tattoo on his chest, and tends to wear basic jeans and t-shirt ensemble with black and white sneakers and a black leather jacket.

Weapons: Himself.

Background: An undercover operative of an anonymous organization whose sole purpose is to observe and regulate the mortal world--and protect when necessary. Due to his tenuous past with humans, he personally has little love for them as a species. However, as he is honour-bound to watch over them, he takes his duties rather seriously--though he still prefers to maintain some distance between them and himself.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Still not 100% on if I'll join or not, but I'm leaning toward it, so here's the OC I want to use.

Name: Aelys Vosch
Race: Balverine...or...werewolf, if that would work better
Powers/abilities: She has enhanced speed, strength, agility, and better functioning senses than a human. At will, she can shift between human and beast forms, which increases her abilities by quite a bit.
Physical appearance: Tall and lanky, with long, dark brown hair (shaved on the sides). Her skin's pretty well tanned, but also very scarred. Her eyes used to be a goldy-orange until a fight with a feral balverine got them ripped out; she now keeps them covered with a bandage. Occasionally, she'll wear war paint in varying colours and most of her clothes are pretty dark. In her other form, um...imagine something like this.
Weapons: Anything that's around, she's not fussy. Usually, though, she'll use either her knives or her claws to fight with....
Background: Born from the remnants of two packs who only allowed females to become pack leader, Aelys and her little sister, Nenya, were automatically made pack leaders once their father was dead and their mother had stepped down from power. However, Aelys would rather have adventure than pack politics and went to join the security force for the queen of their country. She now spends most of her time on strange missions, that tend to take her to even stranger places....

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I think I'll try my hand as this as well. Here is my OC.

Name: Beatrice Garrett
Race: Human
Powers/abilities: She has a accumulated a vast knowledge of the occult and arcane magics over the course of her career. And knows how to wield it with considerable skill, however her true abilities lie in her intelligence and deductive reasoning.

Physical appearance: She is of average height, however she is very healthy with a athletic physique. Her hair is an unruly red that curls to her mid back. Her eye color is an emerald green that stands out against her pale complexion. She has a rather nasty scar that cuts across her right eye that she keeps hind beneath a eye patch. She tends to dress smartly with plain shirts/sweaters, jeans with knee high boots.
Weapons: She uses a silver bladed sword Cain and modified browning hi-powered.

Background: Beatrice Garrett is a Private Investigator who moonlights as police consultant when their cases take a turn for the truly bizarre. With the help of her demon partner Cain, the duo solves cases that the normal police are unable to do and gaining reputation as one of the best paranormal detectives in the city.

^^ There is my OC.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
I will need you to audition for me. I'll message you with details. And yes if you are approved, you may play an oc as well. But Dante would take priority. and your oc and dante would not be able to have a direct converstation in one post. if your oc needs to interact with Dante you could temporarily give Dante to another rper. I just don't want any monopolizing posts.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Um...I hate to say anything but, speaking from a lot of GM experience, isn't that a little restrictive? If his OC and Dante aren't allowed to interact, then what's the point of allowing him to play both? It seems like it'd be a lot of extra work for everyone (because two people would have to "audition" and be approved just to keep things cohesive and it's very hard...no, actually, I'd say it's about impossible to get two people to play the same character at the same time and not have major discrepancies) when RPs are mainly done for fun. It just...doesn't seem entirely fair, imo. Of those who have given bios for characters, everyone's a writer. DT's a writer. I'm fairly certain we could all handle more than one character without monopolizing the plot. (The biggest problem would probably be one of us running off on a tangent if things got a little slow, come to think of it....) That's just my two cents.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Shadow I understand what you are saying. that's my fault. I should have been more clear. His Oc and Dante would be welcome to interact when things are slow. I meant that when things are going at faster pace, it would seem a monoply. Thank you for your two cents. I want everything to be fair. I should have worded that differently. I mean that I just don't want an argument erupting between Dante and the OC in the same post.

However something like this , would be acceptable:
"This a bad situation, and don't like it one bit," said Megara, her eyes met Trish's.
"I agree with you Meg," said Trish. "We need to come up with a solution fast."
Meg nodded. And she looked at Trish and they both stared at Dante.
"What do you think, bro?" Meg asked.

The above post has my OC, Megara interacting with Trish. But they do not interact in a way that stops the action. They agree and then move the focus to Dante. I meant that he shouldn't be interacting with Dante in a way that stops the action, and leave an available spot for another character to post.

I apologize for not making myself clear, DT.

***edit I liked DT's writing of Dante a lot.
Even anyone else is interesting in playing a Main Character. Message me.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Thank you for clarifying, Trish. ^^ -understands where you're coming from now-

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Your welcome.
Anybody else interested in playing an MC. I'd like to get this going soon.

Update: 6/16
We still need a Vergil, Nero, Lady? anyone interested?

Last edited:
Top Bottom