• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New restraints?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I've noticed that we have a 10 character minimum post limit, and a maximum 500 character, 3 image sig. Is there a way to decrease the character per post limit and increase any of the sig limits?

Please tell me if I'm just moaning. Or if you agree with me.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
I agree with Vauxchen-kun. When I chat with my friends I can't merely say sup? or lol; I also understand why it is that long. It keeps people from merely posting lol as a response to something in a thread which is just spam if you ask me.

When it comes to the sigs, three pictures even if they are within the rules, is actually a lil big. LoD's sig is a good example of that.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
^ Very true. I can understand why these are in place. And that there does need to be a limit. But 10 characters is fairly long when you are talking over someones profile page. Especially is you don't need to say much.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I don't know if it's possible to separate the limits on the forums from the profile area - I understand the frustration when just chatting, but primarily it's a way of stopping people from posting "lol" or "yeah" in a thread when actually it would be better to say something which contributes more. I can have a look at the profile area but can't promise anything as if they are both linked together then there's little that can be done on that front.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Vauxchen-kun;161140 said:
^You want a HIGHER minimum posting character limit?!
Oh I thought you ment like only 500 characters per post.:p

Yeah, it should be much less. Sometimes "hi" is good enough.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Had a look but it would appear that the visitor profile messaging limit and the forum posting limit is tied together. I don't know if there is any way of separating the two however.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
sweet!!!!! Now I can have 3 sigs!!!!! YES!!!! but this minium of ten characters is annoying as hell. I can't just say "hey you" or "wassup?" anymore.

Top Bottom