• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New protagonist to follow Dante & Bayonetta?

If it's a hybrid, what kind would you like to see the protagonist as?

• Human-Alien Hybrid

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Human-Robot Hybrid

• Human-Oni Hybrid

• Dhampir (Human-Vampire Hybrid)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Demigod (Human-God Hybrid)

• Human-Gorgon Hybrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nephilim (Human-Angel Hybrid)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Human-Kaiju Hybrid

• Human-Dragon Hybrid

• Human-Werewolf Hybrid

• Human-Yokai Hybrid

• Human-Cryptid Hybrid

• Human-Genie Hybrid

• Just plainly human

• Total voters

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Devil May Cry: Dante, a cambion - half human-half demon hybrid, fighting the demons of Hell.
- Twin brother Vergil

Bayonetta: Bayonetta/Cereza, born of a witch and sage, fighting the FAKE angels.
- Sister Jeanne

For a new hack & slash game to follow these two, what will be the next new protagonist in his/her own game?

- What mythologies to use?
- What kind of enemies & allies?
- What personality for the hero?
- What weapons?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Doing a game set in space always appealed to me as i dug the force unleashed. I rather focus on someone working for a higher purpose like a spiritual/national based cause .

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Lain
Would it be a human hunter relying on magical or high tech weaponry?
Make it exciting by going with neither. Just plain ol' modern guns and blades.

Really would heighten the tension as the protagonist has to fight demonic beasts that are physically superior. A few hits would kill them, so they have to be smart - dodging and weaving while slicing and shooting the demons.

Something like that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Make it exciting by going with neither. Just plain ol' modern guns and blades.

Really would heighten the tension as the protagonist has to fight demonic beasts that are physically superior. A few hits would kill them, so they have to be smart - dodging and weaving while slicing and shooting the demons.

Something like that.
Would you want it to be in a world where the supernatural is common or a secret?

@Ronin
I'd probably do nephilim title as a DMC shoutout. If i was at Insomniac I'd probably pitch a half-human/half-dragon game with a ton of Spyro shoutouts.

or i'd do a Jak and Daxter reboot with more hack and slash elements set in the past.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Would you want it to be in a world where the supernatural is common or a secret?
Hmm.... I'd go with "no regular human who sees a demon lives" and so the police cover up human casualties but there are whispers of demons existing amongst those who seek the truth.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Hmm.... I'd go with "no regular human who sees a demon lives" and so the police cover up human casualties but there are whispers of demons existing amongst those who seek the truth.
it feels like a hack and stealth game?

congrats you created a new gaming genre ;)

Top Bottom