• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Ninja Gaiden III trailer

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
i dont know why but im not that excited about this game even from this trailer they try to make it look awesome but it just dosent feel right

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Well, I HATE the fact they took out the dismemberment, blood and ultra-hard difficulty.
I HATE the fact that there ain't no other weapons but sword (Tho they mentioned that Faclon Talons and Eclipse Scytche would be added in a free DLC), but what about Lunar Staff, Vigoorian Flail, and others? Even NG2 demo had more weapons that NG3.
I hate what they did to lifebar. Regeneration? In Ninja Gaiden? They have to be kidding

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
For the next game if there is one, i would want them to do a game that is more mythology based as realism is fine and all but there is no real reason you cant do a compelling story with mythology or non-human characters.

Step up your game TN.

Would people like to see more DoA characters in this?

ZeroLove

We briefly saw Kasumi in a cool variation of her blue ninja outfit in Ninja Gaiden 2. I would love to see her wear that in this game as a playable character, but maybe with her hair tied up into a ponytail or a braid, because I really don't like the loose hairstyle. It doesn't fit a ninja, imo.

ZeroLove

Well do a kunoichi need big boobs?
Lmao xD

Well, that's not really her fault. She's born like that. Her hair being tied up is more of a practical issue, though I know the Dead or Alive ninjas aren't really all about practicality. XD

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Wow they removed all that, really?
I guess it was because of the Ninja Gaiden multiplayer.
That sucks. I think time spent on multiplayer could've been time spent on improving the main game.
Or if they wanted a Ninja Gaiden multiplayer so bad then it should've been separated from the actual Ninja Gaiden 3. It could've been like a Gotham imposters thing.
Games like MassEffect3 Assassin's Creed BioShock2 DeadSpace2.
Well, all cuz Itagaki left. His games were always over the top.
Now Ninja Gaiden seems to turn into a usual western slasher.
I'm afraid that deathmatch would be horrible because of the ping issues.
If they do the co-op as good as NGS2 one, I would be happy.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
That's a good question
For example. ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO TAKE DISMEMBERMENT AWAY!
For lower age rating you say? It's still 18+, why would it matter?!
This game doesn't need competitive multiplayer. Only Co-op.
Ninja Gaiden was all about hardcore. It was up to you to decide, how to overcome it. Some were using the basic Sword, just giving everything they had. Others mastered different weapon. Each weapon had very different characteristics, your playstyle changed with the weapon. Now they took it all out. Once again, for now reason.
I hope that ****load of alt.costumes will be still present. Not this DLC crap.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Now that sounds enjoyable. Learning each weapon, mastering them & having a favorite. All in an action adventure title like that.

Sadly i doubt it, the way games are today they'll give you maybe 4 alternate costumes & the rest will go DLC.
WOW i'm still in wow over what's being removed. Are you sure Ninja Gaiden3 won't have different weapons to use like Ninja Gaiden2?
In info I got, there would be only non upgradable sword in the begining. As the game progresses, you just receive another swords, with same moves with little aditions, and increased damage.
It's like that
Dragon Sword(NG2 Dragon Sword lvl 1) -> Hayate's sword (NG2 DS lvl 2) -> Blade Of The Archfiend (NG2 Ultimate DS with some moves from the NG 2 Blade of the archfiend)

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Wow!
See this is another reason why i dislike solid single player titles going multiplayer, something is either removed or downgraded a little to make room for MP.
True
They abolished like 8 weapons. Only two of them are making a return.
With those weapons, tons of replayability are gone.
And seeing that the difficulty was downgraded, I think you can easily begin the game on normal or even high, so you will get only one difficulty left. If you tried it in NG2, you would quickly get your ass handed to you, unless you are pretty good in this kind of games. That's one more minus for replayability.

Good thing they bring Momiji back, her playstyle is different, but we still don't know if we will get to play as her, or she will be only AI.
And wait...
Did you get that? You get an AI partner for the game, which is siquel to one of the most mercifulless action-games ever. TN is really at it.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
So Momiji was a playable character in NG2 ?
Maybe she'll be playable in NG3.
Well it could be he has an Ai partner because they want to put more feeling & emotion into NG3 this time lol.
I was told that NINJA GAIDEN 3's Hayabusa is suppose to feel more guilty & remorse from all the people he has killed.
I'm wondering how helpful will the Ai partner be, resident evil 5 Sheva stupidly annoying or GearsOfWar super helpful where you'd hardly ever die.
NG is not that kind of game. There were no room for feelings, no room for remorse, just crazy, balls-out action. The protagonist just walks ahead, just doing what has to be done.
And now, do you think this guy would ever need some chick's help?
[utube]

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
I just hope weapon DLC won't be late, and we get a captivating story.
To truly see what happened to NG, watch this.
The second part of the video shows the original NG2, the first shows it's PS3 remake by the guys who now work on NG 3
Also, the voice over in NG2 was better. Ryu was voiced by Josh Keaton, known for his work of voicing Spider-Man and Ocelot from MGS 3. He suits the protagonist perfectly, as Ryu is still young.
Now he is voiced by Troy Barker and he sounds like some commando, not a ninja

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
After seeing the differences between NG2 & Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 i probably would've lost interest a little .
Where Ninja Gaiden 2 piled on enemies, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was almost empty. Lack of enemies, reduced gore & a few other features all for extra co-op missions characters & bosses no one asked for. Guess Team Ninja messed up the formula trying to make it better. If the extra co-op missions weren't added then Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 could've kept what was lost from Ninja Gaiden2.
Co-op done right but at the cost of losing something from the overall game.
DLC Here's what i think.
The same number of Unlockable rewards from a previous title should return & remain Unlockable rewards in the sequels. Any extra items can go DLC but the previous rewards should return. All those weapons really gives you different strategies to use, like DevilMayCry, Bayonetta, GodOfWar. It's BS them limiting your possibilities of attack & defense from what it was.
i don't thinks that the reason for exclusion of ng2 content is the addition of co-op. As much as I know, blu-ray could've held both.
The exclusion of gore was made for age rating, which dropped from 18 to 16.
NGS2 has less enemies for two reasons. 1-obvious downgrade of difficulty, which just extents in ng 3. 2 -
sigma runs in higher definiton, with better textures, so they did that to avoid framerate issues.
And btw, not all levels are that different in enemy layout

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
So true
Now instead of this
Ninja_Gaiden_2_by_Akon11.jpg

We have this
NinjaGaidenSigma2_OBLITERATION_by_IZIEIRIOI.png

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
BTW
I just realised that NGS 2 is sometimes HARDER then NG2
As I already said, enemies in Sigma have more health, to counter their lessened quantity.
Also, you can't cary your life, magic and weapon upgrades when you play the game on another difficulty, while original had this option
This makes additional chapters where you play as chicks almost impossible to complete.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I like the new story. I think it's more compelling. What I don't like is how the combat has been changed up and filled with quicktime events. I don't like how the weapon selection has been simplified and there is no indication of fighting any fiends. The old guy who was behind NG development left and they brought a new guy in, and so far I'm not sure I like his decisions. I'm skeptical, but I'll get it and try it out eventually.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
there is no indication of fighting any fiends.
Fiends, Black Spider Clan Ninjas and Obaba - boss from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 have been seen in recent screenshots.
Can you use the female characters throughout NGS2 like unlockable characters or do they just have rolls to play?
They have their role to play. Each of them have a chapter, forming overall 3 additional chapters.
After completing this chapters, they are unlocked to play as in Team Missions.

Top Bottom