• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Ideas for Devil May Cry games

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Here is a thread where you can post any random idea you got for a DMC/DmC game.

It can be anything really. Comment to others ideas as you see fit and etc.

And please
tumblr_mec1v5ORcJ1ruo0l3.png

No fighting and be civil....I know who you are.

Well for starters I got an idea but since it pertains to using a lock-on mechanic (something DmC lack) it will mainly be directed to DMC since it uses a lock-on mechanic.

I got this idea from Pandora and Nevan.

Why not increase the amount of directional input attacks (Stinger/High Time) by adding extra directions such as left and right directions with how the lock on the works input commands is in fact much more easier and effective than not having a lock on button as it enters the character in a neutral state so directional inputs wont alter their directions much.

Like R1: Left + triangle or R1: Right + O (Swordmaster)

I mean Nero introduced multi-directional inputs and Nevan has an example where you flick the L stick left/right to pull off a different attack but it did keep Dante stationary.

However, this mainly refers to non-style inputs (KEY WORD: Mainly).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Fine I'll share something else.....

Well in DMC4 they introduced backslide which is a backwards gun shot why not improve that so Dante can shoot his shotgun in all 4 directions.

Press Shoot: Forward shot

Lock On: Forward + Style (gunslinger) is Gun Stinger

Lock On: Backwards + Style is Backslide

Lock On: Left or Right + Style is like Backslide but from his side so he can shoot left or right.

So its almost like a Twosome Time for the Shotgun.

Same goes for improving Darkslayer style if you can Trick, Trick Up, and Trick Down (Trick Back if on land) why not Trick Left and Trick Right (even in mid air its like using Trick but moving to the sides and a great way to dodge although Trick was already a good dodging mechanic).

Give Dante more aerial options like Nero who can perform mid-air directional input attacks if he can do it so can Dante (Flying Stinger) and in fact you can use all of Dante's moves on land in the air with Royal Guard (well except Ultimate/Dreadnaught Form).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
*Sigh* its true but doesn't mean we can't enjoy the use of the thread now.

Got any ideas you want to share?

Well there is this gameplay mechanic idea I've been having. It's more so for DmC in the same fashion as Vergil but for Dante.

For now, here's what I got.
Hey everyone.

I've recently thought up this cool gameplay idea for a DmC 2.

It's similar to Vergil's gameplay but with both Dante's guns and sword.
xboxlayout.jpg

Now here's how it will go down.

Combo attacks:For this I've added in more pause combos that are a lot more quicker in pausing. You only need to pause the same amount of time you do for DMC4 Dante's case with his pause combo however this time, you can do a pause combo with each strike.

Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
--Regular 4-hit combo
Bx_y.png
--
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
---First pause combo

Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
--
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
---Second pause combo
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
--
Bx_y.png
---Third pause combo
Hold
Bx_y.png
then release---Drive (repeatedly press
Bx_y.png
for more slashes after releasing)

Air combo attacks:Air combos will be more difficult as now the enemies will fall faster to the ground, and you won't be able to stay in the ground as easy. You stay in the air based on your attacking. The more you attack and use attacks that allow you to gain height, the more you'll stay in the air.

Special attacks (Stinger and such):Each special attack varies but since I'm right now sticking with Rebellion, here's how to preform special attacks. For L-1, that will be a target button to target enemies if you want to. If you don't target the game will target enemies depending on where your analog stick is pointing to. For stinger, you have to target onto your enemy, and push forward the analog stick two times then press B. For additional stings ala trillion stab, you repeatedly hit B. There's also high time, helm breaker, and round trip.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Well there is this gameplay mechanic idea I've been having. It's more so for DmC in the same fashion as Vergil but for Dante.

For now, here's what I got.
Hey everyone.

I've recently thought up this cool gameplay idea for a DmC 2.

It's similar to Vergil's gameplay but with both Dante's guns and sword.
xboxlayout.jpg

Now here's how it will go down.

Combo attacks:For this I've added in more pause combos that are a lot more quicker in pausing. You only need to pause the same amount of time you do for DMC4 Dante's case with his pause combo however this time, you can do a pause combo with each strike.

Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
--Regular 4-hit combo
Bx_y.png
--
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
---First pause combo

Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
--
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
---Second pause combo
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
Bx_y.png
--
Bx_y.png
---Third pause combo
Hold
Bx_y.png
then release---Drive (repeatedly press
Bx_y.png
for more slashes after releasing)

Air combo attacks:Air combos will be more difficult as now the enemies will fall faster to the ground, and you won't be able to stay in the ground as easy. You stay in the air based on your attacking. The more you attack and use attacks that allow you to gain height, the more you'll stay in the air.

Special attacks (Stinger and such):Each special attack varies but since I'm right now sticking with Rebellion, here's how to preform special attacks. For L-1, that will be a target button to target enemies if you want to. If you don't target the game will target enemies depending on where your analog stick is pointing to. For stinger, you have to target onto your enemy, and push forward the analog stick two times then press B. For additional stings ala trillion stab, you repeatedly hit B. There's also high time, helm breaker, and round trip.

if you have lock on there is no reason to make players double tap the right analog stick for stinger.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It's sort of like MGR's targeting, but its a bit loser and allows for quick switching from enemy to enemy.

Well if I were to make an automatic lock-on system like MGR's or this I would allow for the ability to change targets using the R stick like flicking it in he direction of the enemy.

Such as if your locked to an enemy, the camera and the character will focus strictly on the enemy but by flicking the R stick in the direction of another enemy will instantly change to that enemy so it allows for very quick and very fluid swapping between targets.

Press the lock-on button again to turn it off.

DragonMaster2010

Well if I were to make an automatic lock-on system like MGR's or this I would allow for the ability to change targets using the R stick like flicking it in he direction of the enemy.

Such as if your locked to an enemy, the camera and the character will focus strictly on the enemy but by flicking the R stick in the direction of another enemy will instantly change to that enemy so it allows for very quick and very fluid swapping between targets.

Press the lock-on button again to turn it off.

Yeah, like that. I'm surprised no game's really thought of that. Maybe cause it could be a hassle to constantly press the button.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah, like that. I'm surprised no game's really thought of that. Maybe cause it could be a hassle to constantly press the button.

Well its way better and quicker than having to press down R3 button to have to change targets.

Plus its more efficient so there will be more freedom in changing targets rather than it being random or you don't decide who it locks onto next.

DragonMaster2010

Well its way better and quicker than having to press down R3 button to have to change targets.

Plus its more efficient so there will be more freedom in changing targets rather than it being random or you don't decide who it locks onto next.

Well now that that's out of the way, what to do with the upper buttons. Maybe make R1 be a guard button to preform guard canceling without having to switch styles.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well now that that's out of the way, what to do with the upper buttons. Maybe make R1 be a guard button to preform guard canceling without having to switch styles.

Me I would make the lock-on button to L3 (the movement stick) to activate the automatic lock-on feature and use the R stick lock-on changing system to allow for more buttons to be used for other functions.

Why not make R1 a guard button while holding it you can guard but by pressing any other button while guarding like O can activate a Parry.

In fact I copyright that idea.

DragonMaster2010

Me I would make the lock-on button to L3 (the movement stick) to activate the automatic lock-on feature and use the R stick lock-on changing system to allow for more buttons to be used for other functions.

Why not make R1 a guard button while holding it you can guard but by pressing any other button while guarding like O can activate a Parry.

In fact I copyright that idea.

For guarding, I think it should be like Kingdom Heart's guarding mechanic. You can't hold it forever, and can only use it at the right time of an attack. It'll only guard for a second then you're back in fight mode. There should also be a sort of counter attack for it as well, bu tit has to be done just as the attack comes at you. Kind of like one of Square's Earlier games "Musashi: samurai Legend". It had a great and difficultly challenging mechanic where you had to attack just as your opponent attacks in order to learn a new move.

If this right timing mechanic is applied to the Devil May Cry franchise, it could really boost up combos, and give the player a good precise of timing.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I would love a dmc with finishing moves, so when bosses or demons are at low health you do a finishing move. So press attack and have a little scene that has multiple slashes finishing with one big hit.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
how about a spin-off. its hinted that there are more devil hunters in the world than just dante, trish, lady, lucia, and nero. only this time, dante won't be back burnered like he was in 4 (i just feel like dante is a more iconic character than that). no dante or anyone from the old DMC cast. but a new character. bastard child that is fully demon maybe.
i'd like a more robust range of weapons. nothing too flashy (DMC4) but nothing too modest (DmC). maybe a nice variety of human weapons like in DMC1 and DMC2. telekinesis is something i've always wanted to toy with in a devil may cry game as well

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
how about a spin-off. its hinted that there are more devil hunters in the world than just dante, trish, lady, lucia, and nero. only this time, dante won't be back burnered like he was in 4 (i just feel like dante is a more iconic character than that). no dante or anyone from the old DMC cast. but a new character. ******* child that is fully demon maybe.
i'd like a more robust range of weapons. nothing too flashy (DMC4) but nothing too modest (DmC). maybe a nice variety of human weapons like in DMC1 and DMC2. telekinesis is something i've always wanted to toy with in a devil may cry game as well

Oh gee....if you going to focus on no known DMC characters why not just make a DMC spin off where you can make and customize your own character as you live your life as a Devil Hunter for hire and do jobs that require traveling to other locations and defeating demons and demon bosses and give them a name but like Skyrim or Dragon's Dogma they refer your character with a specific story name or a nick name/alias somewhat like an alias (eg. Tony Redgrave).

Oh while I'm at it....why not use a combat system that is a mix of DMC3 and DD where you can pick your 2 Devil Arms and 2 Guns and one style....which is like a class system and can change between each 4 clas...I mean styles before a mission or whenever....so make the styles more like a class system. Also, like DMC3 you can level each style but instead of the level cap be 3 it goes up to level 300 with each level granting Style Points (for each style) to buy upgrades and moves for said style and can be anything from a new move to better stats. Royal Guard: more durability to Guarding, improve frames for Royal Guard, Royal Gauge fills up quicker, Royal Gauge drains less when using Royal Guard moves like Release or Dreadnaught. Trickster: More speed, longer dash, longer air dash, invincibility frames while dashing, longer Trick caps, more time on the wall while wall running. SwordMaster:...well nothing really just more moves for each weapon. Gunslinger: increase basic gun damage, decrease charging, increase charge shot damage, and like SM more moves for each gun weapon.

This game should have a lot of weapons (Devil Arms and Guns) to choose from such as new ones, old ones such as Cerberus, Nightmare Beta/Gamma, Agni&Rudra, and Ifrit (since Dante sells his devil arms), weapons similar to past weapons but aren't it (such as Rebellion, Osiris, Blue Rose, Yamato, Lucia's Cutlasser, or Arbiter but nothing complex like Red Queen or ), and even replicas such as a E&I replica since E&I were man made or Lucia's knives. Not only that but there are different types of similar weapons like an ice version of Nevan or a fire version of Cerberus or even DmC weapons gets elemental variants. Clocking up to 100+ different weapons you can get/buy.

Usin RPG elements of DMC2 but altered and advanced to be able to customize your Devil Trigger to give it any properties you'll like +3 to defense, +4 to elemental attacks, SuperArmor, SuperSpeed, ChronoHeart/Quicksilver, Doppleganger, or Healing Heart....so like a Devil Trigger customization similar to a MegaMan Battle Network navi customization (where there is a limit to what you can customize) and can even alter your DT appearance (colors, design, armor, etc).

As well as an elemental system such as Ice, Lightning, and Fire attributes to most of your weapons.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Oh gee....if you going to focus on no known DMC characters why not just make a DMC spin off where you can make and customize your own character as you live your life as a Devil Hunter for hire and do jobs that require traveling to other locations and defeating demons and demon bosses and give them a name but like Skyrim or Dragon's Dogma they refer your character with a specific story name or a nick name/alias somewhat like an alias (eg. Tony Redgrave).

Oh while I'm at it....why not use a combat system that is a mix of DMC3 and DD where you can pick your 2 Devil Arms and 2 Guns and one style....which is like a class system and can change between each 4 clas...I mean styles before a mission or whenever....so make the styles more like a class system. Also, like DMC3 you can level each style but instead of the level cap be 3 it goes up to level 300 with each level granting Style Points (for each style) to buy upgrades and moves for said style and can be anything from a new move to better stats. Royal Guard: more durability to Guarding, improve frames for Royal Guard, Royal Gauge fills up quicker, Royal Gauge drains less when using Royal Guard moves like Release or Dreadnaught. Trickster: More speed, longer dash, longer air dash, invincibility frames while dashing, longer Trick caps, more time on the wall while wall running. SwordMaster:...well nothing really just more moves for each weapon. Gunslinger: increase basic gun damage, decrease charging, increase charge shot damage, and like SM more moves for each gun weapon.

This game should have a lot of weapons (Devil Arms and Guns) to choose from such as new ones, old ones such as Cerberus, Nightmare Beta/Gamma, Agni&Rudra, and Ifrit (since Dante sells his devil arms), weapons similar to past weapons but aren't it (such as Rebellion, Osiris, Blue Rose, Yamato, Lucia's Cutlasser, or Arbiter but nothing complex like Red Queen or ), and even replicas such as a E&I replica since E&I were man made or Lucia's knives. Not only that but there are different types of similar weapons like an ice version of Nevan or a fire version of Cerberus or even DmC weapons gets elemental variants. Clocking up to 100+ different weapons you can get/buy.

Usin RPG elements of DMC2 but altered and advanced to be able to customize your Devil Trigger to give it any properties you'll like +3 to defense, +4 to elemental attacks, SuperArmor, SuperSpeed, ChronoHeart/Quicksilver, Doppleganger, or Healing Heart....so like a Devil Trigger customization similar to a MegaMan Battle Network navi customization (where there is a limit to what you can customize) and can even alter your DT appearance (colors, design, armor, etc).

As well as an elemental system such as Ice, Lightning, and Fire attributes to most of your weapons.

awkward...i've never played skyrim or dragon's dogma... (is it good though, i might pick up a copy)

i don't really see devil may cry going the "create a character" route. but it would be a nice idea to incorporate weapons from past games like alastor and nevan into game. altering DT based on weapons like DMC3 and 4 would be pretty cool. i'm not too sold on an elemental system. but i'd have to see it to judge first.

i would like a game where there is a main story, but you get to hunt demons on the side if you feel like it or want extra cash.

Top Bottom