• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Gameplay - The Escape

berto

I Saw the Devil
We Have You, Die, Fall, Dante, F' You.

This city isn't very with the words, eh? If indeed that is the city talking while the words apear all over.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
CoolDemon....are you actually liking this game? ;)
Honestly id like to play it. But as always i will never buy it because of Tameem.
I have my pride, and DMC pride gameplay wise is also DMC 4. So DmC can only be different in story mostly to me ;)
To elaborate on Tameem: He's mostly doing his own run and trying to please fans with weird talk in interviews. And he has showed indifference about DMC fans many times. So with that said he cares most for making a fanbase for his company with DmC.

We Have You, Die, Fall, Dante, F' You.

This city isn't very with the words, eh? If indeed that is the city talking while the words apear all over.
So much for demons being supernatural beings with weird behaviour. Now they can make a trap and a glowing message like "F' You". Sounds like a kid saying that.
But i guess it goes well with fact demons are in disguise in human world though.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, as soon as demons start saying 'F' you' they loose any sence of otherworldly terror they might've posses and become morronic, or when they give you the finger. The Exorcist had the foul mouth down right

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Wonder how they will sell 5M if many kids under 18 can't access it if their parents are on guard.
These kids could download the game from Internet under their parents nose. But In Poland the funny part is that parents will buy these games for adults beaucose, the 16 or 17 years old children want it and they never looks on these rantings

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Yeah, as soon as demons start saying 'F' you' they loose any sence of otherworldly terror they might've posses and become morronic, or when they give you the finger. The Exorcist had the foul mouth down right

Couldn't agree more, Sir. The texts appearing on walls were rather unnecessary.

On a side note, does anyone else find the-whole-city-is-after-Dante-to-kill-him stupid or less interesting??

berto

I Saw the Devil
Now that it talks and texts, yeah, kinda. Before it seemed more like a force of nature, now it seems rather sillyer, silly enought that I'm having a hard time taking it seriously.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Now that it talks and texts, yeah, kinda. Before it seemed more like a force of nature, now it seems rather sillyer, silly enought that I'm having a hard time taking it seriously.

I never took it seriously. Just a gimmick for me. Now don't me wrong as I liked NT's idea of real world being an illusion and all, but the whole city is alive and wants Dante to be killed, and on top that, the city appears to be a 'heavy texter' is just too stupid for me.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
This is why i love you. You express my thoughts in a way people can understand well. Where as i fail at that :p
These kids could download the game from Internet under their parents nose. But In Poland the funny part is that parents will buy these games for adults beaucose, the 16 or 17 years old children want it and they never looks on these rantings
Just saying that kids between age of 12-18 is a big group of buyers. It won't help sale if it's 18 game. Some parents will say "No, that's 18 son".

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
This looks good, I'll give them that. The fact that it flows so well, not a good thing. It doesn't seem that challenging. In my opinion, what would look better would be if they added a darker demonic tone to it.

The World should be screaming and screeching at Dante, not writing silly notes on a wall for him. The walls should ooze out blood, even spit it. And should spit poison, and actually crush and impale you. Watching the trailer, DmC Dante just gets away without a single scratch on him. The rubbish cans moves around, they didn't hurl themselves at you. Dante should be getting hit and hurt, and you should either have to wait until he heals himself (By not getting hurt more) or you should slide down and catch some health. And if they're taking inspiration from previous Devil May Cry games, why not have it so if Dante does fall off the edge he lands through a portal which has him face some difficult enemy or whatnot. And when he defeats it, he returns to the previous point he was at (They did this in lots of Devil May Cry games).

I like the ideas they're going with, but they could make this more darker and more brutal. Not thoroughly impressed.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Gameplay looks pretty swag if I'm honest. Still not overly happily about the fact that it's running at 30 fps, god how I'll notice that. But eh, might end up giving it a try.

Funny how not even the floor likes the new Dante.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
interesting. i hope that if Capcom goes back to the original contiuity they include this kind of thing. except without the words on the wall.

it is a bit odd that a homicidal living city would be so childish but that isn't really important.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
This is why i love you. You express my thoughts in a way people can understand well. Where as i fail at that :p

Just saying that kids between age of 12-18 is a big group of buyers. It won't help sale if it's 18 game. Some parents will say "No, that's 18 son".
i have said it once and i will say it again
When have PEGI or ESRB ever stopped anyone from getting this kind of game for their child
, Hell i am a teenager and have some of the goriest games on the market like dead space and god of war

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
i have said it once and i will say it again
When have PEGI or ESRB ever stopped anyone from getting this kind of game for their child
, Hell i am a teenager and have some of the goriest games on the market like dead space and god of war

Same with me. My frienzy on Gore games wa from 14 years old when I getted Quake III Arena, and next camed Unreal Tournament, DMC 1,2 and 3 SE, Bioshock( I been 16, when I got copy from brother), Doom 3, DMC 4, Bioshock 2, Bulletstorm and many other adults only games.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Same with me. My frienzy on Gore games wa from 14 years old when I getted Quake III Arena, and next camed Unreal Tournament, DMC 1,2 and 3 SE, Bioshock( I been 16, when I got copy from brother), Doom 3, DMC 4, Bioshock 2, Bulletstorm and many other adults only games.
you know its wierd
the xbox360 is more nostalgic then most people think
because not only these games are on their
but contra , so many genesis games and even sonic cd are on their

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The topic is totally passed, but you guys don't object to a 17 year old me playing the game, will ya? (I'm 16 now, but will be 17 when it comes out)

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I just saw this now, and wow. That was exciting! I could easilly see myself enjoying these parts. But it looks a little too easy, it doesn't seem like you can die or anything. The graphics and animation look amazing (we already knew that :D), and the music sounds very DMC. I actually liked how the demons kept taunting Dante, with the writing on the walls. Sure it was childish, but that makes it creepy IMO. The demons are out to kill Dante, and they're acting like its a game.

Anyway, thanks for sharing Gaflima :)

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
This looks good, I'll give them that. The fact that it flows so well, not a good thing. It doesn't seem that challenging. In my opinion, what would look better would be if they added a darker demonic tone to it.

The World should be screaming and screeching at Dante, not writing silly notes on a wall for him. The walls should ooze out blood, even spit it. And should spit poison, and actually crush and impale you. Watching the trailer, DmC Dante just gets away without a single scratch on him. The rubbish cans moves around, they didn't hurl themselves at you. Dante should be getting hit and hurt, and you should either have to wait until he heals himself (By not getting hurt more) or you should slide down and catch some health. And if they're taking inspiration from previous Devil May Cry games, why not have it so if Dante does fall off the edge he lands through a portal which has him face some difficult enemy or whatnot. And when he defeats it, he returns to the previous point he was at (They did this in lots of Devil May Cry games).

I like the ideas they're going with, but they could make this more darker and more brutal. Not thoroughly impressed.

Ah, I have to agree with this, through and through, especially about the city being more aggressive against Dante, giving the player more to defend against. I thought the video was fascinating, but it wasn't very dark and disturbing, which is what I'd expect if I was trapped in a twisted demon city. The city texting curses at Dante was hilarious, and I'm not sure it was meant to be. It reminds me of all the narmy humor from DMC4, but at least DMC4 was intentionally poking fun at itself...this rebirth is supposed to be all angry and serious. Bad language does not a gritty reboot make.

Virago

Not listening.

Ah, I have to agree with this, through and through, especially about the city being more aggressive against Dante, giving the player more to defend against. I thought the video was fascinating, but it wasn't very dark and disturbing, which is what I'd expect if I was trapped in a twisted demon city. The city texting curses at Dante was hilarious, and I'm not sure it was meant to be. It reminds me of all the narmy humor from DMC4, but at least DMC4 was intentionally poking fun at itself...this rebirth is supposed to be all angry and serious. Bad language does not a gritty reboot make.

First, I think it's important to keep in mind that we've seen some details here and there from only 2-3 scenes that appear to occur early in the game. It may look a bit easy but it could be player-training to get the hang of Dante's controls. It reminded me a little of using Nero's arm to cross a dungeon early on in DMC4. It wasn't that hard, but it helped to learn some of the game's timing mechanics.

As for the look of Limbo/Hell, I disagree. If we had seen bloody writing or fire or other traditional Hell cues, we'd probably be talking about stereotypes or, better yet, why the "boot" in "reboot" was necessary as nothing but Dante looks all that different.

Limbo seems less like a traditional fire and brimstone hell and more like a nightmare. The shifting city is looks like an acid trip; the bright colors and neon-sign style text reminded me of consumerist capitols like New York and Tokyo; and, to darkmanifest's point, the city was "texting" Dante. I think Ninja Theory's main goal is to create a game that makes us want to look around a little more. That might be a little lofty for a game, but it also could add a creepy sense of "who's watching the world and why" in this world of CCTV cameras on every corner.

But, to each his/her own. The more I see of the game, the more interested I become.

Top Bottom