• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Gameplay Mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Well Ok I Found Out Some New Very Good Info That Came From One Of The Staff People Working On DMC 4. Here It Is:
On The Fourth Installment Of Devil May Cry New Gameplay Mechanics Have Been Put In Hideaki Itsuno stated that "Devil May Cry 4 will feature more weapons, maneuvers, enemies, locations, music, and cut scenes than all the previous releases combined. It is also being billed as being the longest release yet."The location of the story has been mentioned to be in a winter/snowy climate and that both Dante and Vergil are being specifically dressed for this occasion. It's quite possible that either both Trish and Lady could make appearances or a new female lead could be brought in to keep the 'tradition' going.This means we my see every character in the series again in this game and chances are they will be playable.

Itsuno(The Staff Member I Was Talking About) mentioned more accessible freedom with air-combat. Giving the game's combat system and advancing it into flight. (possible indication of more primary focus for Dante's demon form) Hopefully something ZOE2-ish.The next thing mentioned is that not only can you level up Dante in a set path (which at this point, is commonplace in action games), but you can also assign certain attacks to whatever button input, commands you'd like. For those that forgot, on the Capcom Magazine they released in Japan Kobayashi mentioned in ease and option of control. To which, obviously assumed -- you can mix and match various inputs together for complete customization. You create your own style -- is what it seems they are getting at. Instead of selecting pre-determined ones.

He then talks about DMC3:SE and about Vergil. Saying he wanted Vergil to be harder to play with than Dante, but ultimately have a higher peak of tactical performance for those who master him, he also goes to say that inclusions of Vergil, BP, were things they wanted to put in the PS2 ver., but development time prevented it from happening.

And This Is The Official Website Link For Those Of You Who Didn't Know It: http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/main.html

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
UltDeadpool;14089 said:
Sounds great... but who's BP?

Before Prequel
See BP Isn't A Person(I Don't Think Anyway)
So He's Mostly Saying That They Wanted To Do The Whole Story Of Vergil On The PS2 Before The Prequel But They Didn't Get A Chance To Do It

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Dante's Part I Would Imagen
Why Because They Also Say That You'll Be Able To Play As Dante Right, Right Anyway I Was Thinking That If Dante Is Playable Then They Would Probably Make His Version Of The Story Like Vergil But The Whole Story
But I'm Just Guessing Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom