• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Final Fantasy XIII-2 Information!

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/24/flying_get_d_style/

Squenix Details: Round 4
Dengeki PlayStation has a two page spread on final Fantasy XIII-2 this week, complete with a one page interview with producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama. Here's a bit of what they say:

XIII-2's story begins in Gran Pulse after the ending of XIII.
The story will feel like it expands out from the after story that was included in the booklet with Xbox 360's Final Fantasy XIII International.
Outside of Lightning, other characters will appear in the game in unexpected forms. Some will see major changes.
XIII-2 is a full sequel. You'll learn some of the things that took place in the background scenes of XIII.
The story will be more dark and mysterious than XIII's.
The story will focus on the goddess Etro.
The game will not have the pop feel of Final Fantasy X-2 (I think this means no dancing Lightning booooo)
The battle system will be an evolved form of XIII's ATB system.
They're listening to opinions both inside and outside of Square Enix and from outside of Japan regarding characters, story and interface.
There may be a difficulty setting.

2132437948.jpg

Dengeki's report seems to confirm that XIII-2 is not a prequel.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Oh boy, they're coming out with a sequel...this means I need to start up Final Fantasy XIII again and beat it once I'm done with VII!

Hurray

I hope they change one thing though, as my friend reminded me about this bit of crap...

In every other FF game, if the MAIN character dies during combat, you still get to fight with the remainders, however, if Lightning (or current player character) dies, yet their are still one or two left fighting, it doesn't matter, and you lose!!!! BLEH >:

Anyway, yay FFXIII

PS. Wtf is Lightning wearing? I'm a little confused...it's like a mix between noble knight and carnival dancer
I kind of like it

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
BlueDevil;298278 said:
Oh boy, they're coming out with a sequel...this means I need to start up Final Fantasy XIII again and beat it once I'm done with VII!

Hurray
Finally a supporter of FFXIII-2

*brofist*

I hope they change one thing though, as my friend reminded me about this bit of crap...

In every other FF game, if the MAIN character dies during combat, you still get to fight with the remainders, however, if Lightning (or current player character) dies, yet their are still one or two left fighting, it doesn't matter, and you lose!!!! BLEH >:
They might remove and change it. FFXIII isn't the only JRPG that has implemented a system like that. It shouldn't be a nuisance if you play right. Throughout the entire game so far (on Chapter 12), my party leader (always Lightning) never died before my other party members (thus causing a game over). Hell, she has to revive them. It depends on how you play, and if you play strategy JRPGs like FFT and stuff, this wouldn't be too much of a nuisance for you.

PS. Wtf is Lightning wearing? I'm a little confused...it's like a mix between noble knight and carnival dancer
I kind of like it
Me too. Its kind of titillating and hot to be honest.

aka958

Don't trust people
Kefka:
That was titillating.

On topic:
Man I wish they could implement those mechanics I mentioned before. Free walking around and swift character switches ftw.

Top Bottom