• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC Technique Demonstration, Inertia Glide/Boost Cancel + New Combo

You need to know the ins and out of DmC and combo timing to execute to the following combos, but it really shows how flexible the combat system in DmC is in its own unique ways.

This was the practice run and also if you go to :37, you'll see something I haven't seen any other player who plays DmC ever demonstrate or mention.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
This is why people call you the DmC God, Sam D
not+worthy.gif

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You need to know the ins and out of DmC and combo timing to execute to the following combos, but it really shows how flexible the combat system in DmC is in its own unique ways.

This was the practice run and also if you go to :37, you'll see something I haven't seen any other player who plays DmC ever demonstrate or mention.

The Practice Combo in Real Action with Slo Mo Finish!

Anyway, thoughts questions? Let me know.

Wow the combo in the second video is quite impressive.

Yeah I got a question you never explained how to pull off Inertia Glide/Boost Cancel? Are Inertia Glide and Boost Cancel different things?

Wow the combo in the second video is quite impressive.

Yeah I got a question you never explained how to pull off Inertia Glide/Boost Cancel? Are Inertia Glide and Boost Cancel different things?

I guess so, I have no idea what to call it really, but Dante seems to teleport to combo friendly areas if you do launcher attacks and then glide underneath an enemy, if you input an attack like showdown, Dante will always stop right behind the enemy just in place to perform a strategic showdown. It's like their is a bit of inertia, but it varies from weapon to weapon, I think rebellion has a very small arc, but osiris/aquilas have much larger and more visually noticeable gravitational pull when cancelled at the right time after a angel teleport.

Anyway, I'll try to explain, what I'm doing in the second half of the 1st video is I input the first two strikes of the osiris combo, then I immediately input an aerial angel dodge in place followed by a quick angel boost that I cancel with either an osiris strike or aquilas strike. The trick to cancel cleanly is to let go of the trigger after each input or to toggle the weapons via dpad, either of these methods will help in nailing the attack with more consistently.

If its possible you should try to watch in slomotion you'll see exactly what happens, its dodge, then you see me boost, but since I immediately input the attack, the force of it changes my direction and pushes me back to the enemy.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Wow OppressedWriter! This is almost as amazing as the time you improvised your lines on Sesame Street!

Well the guns worked as a magnet in dmc4 pulling you back to enemies after inertia had moved yo away especially if you paused between firing
yeah I guess it is magnetism, I haven't actually tried doing the same set up but cancelling with a charged ricoshot, wonder if it puts at the same location but with a charged shot instead of the osiris or aquilas strike.

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*

NICE! Damn, this mechanic can open a lot of set ups for kabloey explosions!

Top Bottom