• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DMC character ideas

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about a half-yokai hybrid?

What kind of new demons would you have who're like Sparda in wanting to pass their legacies to their children for the good of mankind?

windleopard

I'd like a demon hunter who was more like Nero was going to be in the art book, more of a sophisticated, gentleman like person.

Also a spellcaster

And another member of the Protectorate.

DarkSlayerVergil

I'd love for a character that's a mixture of Lady and Kat where their a human demon hunter that use fire-arms while utilizing witch-craft.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A yokai protagonist might be fun.

I thought it be funny if Nero's mom grew up in a brothel but wasn't a prostitute.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
A yokai protagonist might be fun.

I thought it be funny if Nero's mom grew up in a brothel but wasn't a prostitute.

How would you picture a protagonist like that?

Like any yokai: kitsune? bakeneko? kappa? nue? tengu? kamaitachi?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yōkai

Sparda's name is "Spada" in Italian meaning sword.

Are there anything similar to Dante's Inferno - Divine Comedy that bring out new DMCs in the future?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
How would you picture a protagonist like that?

Like any yokai: kitsune? bakeneko? kappa? nue? tengu? kamaitachi?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yōkai

Sparda's name is "Spada" in Italian meaning sword.

Are there anything similar to Dante's Inferno - Divine Comedy that bring out new DMCs in the future?
All those creatures are fine. Usually you would want someone bipedal because they could walk and hold weapons. After that it just depends on who would be a cool gameplay gimmick.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
All those creatures are fine. Usually you would want someone bipedal because they could walk and hold weapons. After that it just depends on who would be a cool gameplay gimmick.

Yeah.

Ever since Sparda, what kind of new demon would you have be the new legend?

Plus with Dante & Vergil being of the Divine Comedy. New hero ideas to join Nero?

VengeanceSavage

All that you were programmed to be afraid of
I'd love to see an enemy or boss type that's a bipedal, swole AF goat warrior thing similar to the demons featured on many bestial war metal album covers. I can't post an image link for some reason, but Google is your friend. His primary attack would be this massive upside-down cross that he'd beat you with. He could also impale you with his horns or trample you with his hooves.

Or how about another enemy type: an order of monk-like demon hunters whose zealotry is so intense they commit atrocities against the local human population? I imagine these guys would be similar to the Oprichniki, which was Russia's secret police during the reign of Ivan the Terrible. Read up on those guys if you're in the mood for some legit historical grimdark. They're like something out of Warhammer 40,000.

This may be outta left field, but another brutal enemy type I came up with was a primordial, caveman-like devolved mob who've been overtaken by Mundus or whoever's power, but not completely transformed into demons yet. They'd look and operate similar to the Forsworn from Skyrim, as cliche as it sounds, or Tyler Durden's wet dream.

Last edited:

Anton Clemens

Just give Dante his wings back. Looks like Hideaki Itsuno forgot that Dante used to fly. Dante needs more moves so he could perform combos while flying.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wanted to explore Lady's character arc post DMC3 by having her team-up with a demon that can't hide behind a human face.

Top Bottom