• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DMC anime

lets say DmC is hypothetically off the table and capcom came back to DMC after a while and said "loo

• taking place before DMC1 with sparda and eva as the main protagonist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
damn. my question was too long. it pretty much said that if capcom got DMC back, what ideas they might come up with for an anime. i personally wanna know what happened to vergil

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
damn. my question was too long. it pretty much said that if capcom got DMC back, what ideas they might come up with for an anime. i personally wanna know what happened to vergil

I think the problem with DMC as a anime is Dante isn't a character who translate well to other mediums unless you are willing to develop him as a character and challenge him adequately. That's why the anime was so dull because he wasn't motivated to do anything.

the idea of doing a anime between DMC3 and DMC1 would be ideal for Dante because he's still a rookie and has a lot to figure out. Plus the world has changed because Temen-ni-gru revealed the existence of demons to the human race so thats a lot to process.

The idea of doing a anime between DMC4 and 2 is tricky because you dont know how much time passed between the two games. So i would recommend killing two birds with one stone and do the anime with Nero as the protagonist because Dante after DMC1 isnt interesting to me.

A vergil anime would be choice but it would be cool if it was set after DMC1 with Vergil in hell trying to figure out his purpose after he got free from Mundus.

I'm passive at the idea of seeing a Sparda/Eva anime as they are too vaguely defined as characters but you have a lort of freedom. I would just do 12 episodes and call it a day.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I think that one anime focusing Vergil's story before DMC3 could fill some plotholes and give us a more meaningful explanation to why he became that power-driven badass motherfucker we see in DMC3. I would like them to explain some things about Nero and his mother too and explain how he arrived in Fortuna and if Vergil had some relation with people from the Order of the Sword (Vergil studied the Black Arts, and people there know how to deal with it, so i think it's a good connection to make).

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I think that one anime focusing Vergil's story before DMC3 could fill some plotholes and give us a more meaningful explanation to why he became that power-driven badass motherfucker we see in DMC3. I would like them to explain some things about Nero and his mother too and explain how he arrived in Fortuna and if Vergil had some relation with people from the Order of the Sword (Vergil studied the Black Arts, and people there know how to deal with it, so i think it's a good connection to make).

...damn. you put way more thought into that than i did.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I want to go for the 4th to 6th answers! However, I may come up of my own ideas for DMC's plotholes and contradicting inconsistencies.

I think the problem with DMC as a anime is Dante isn't a character who translate well to other mediums unless you are willing to develop him as a character and challenge him adequately. That's why the anime was so dull because he wasn't motivated to do anything.
So that's why Dante sounded like he didn't care much, not to mention his constant debt, even in DMC4...

the idea of doing a anime between DMC3 and DMC1 would be ideal for Dante because he's still a rookie and has a lot to figure out. Plus the world has changed because Temen-ni-gru revealed the existence of demons to the human race so thats a lot to process.
Maybe here, Dante develops to his DMC1 persona on how he had a balanced personality amongst seriousness, joke-cracking, fearlessness, love for fun, and badassness.

The idea of doing a anime between DMC4 and 2 is tricky because you dont know how much time passed between the two games. So i would recommend killing two birds with one stone and do the anime with Nero as the protagonist because Dante after DMC1 isnt interesting to me.
I agree with you there. I became somewhat farfetched as to why in DMC4 Dante acted like he did in DMC3. DMC4 Dante is pretty much DMC3 Dante but with a weird fashion statement, and his one-liners are getting annoying; so yes, Dante post-DMC1 isn't so interesting anymore.
Nero's existence is a BIG plothole. Capcom kinda contradicted Vergil's character there when they claim Nero is Vergil's son, because, knowing Vergil, I do not think he is the type to love a woman, let alone a human, like Sparda on Eva before him.
And yes; we can't even tell how much time has passed between 4 and 2.

A vergil anime would be choice but it would be cool if it was set after DMC1 with Vergil in hell trying to figure out his purpose after he got free from Mundus.
Another thing I agree with you there. Vergil was kinda underdeveloped as a character and DMC3 made a contradicting inconsistency against DMC1. Vergil was very much alive in DMC3, but by DMC1, Trish claimed that Dante "lost his mother and brother to evil 20 years ago".

I'm passive at the idea of seeing a Sparda/Eva anime as they are too vaguely defined as characters but you have a lort of freedom. I would just do 12 episodes and call it a day.
Good point there...!

And to VineBigBoss:
You put what I've said straight from your mouth, man! We can all come up of our own theories, especially through fanfics, but can be quite debatable amongst ourselves here! None of us are neither right nor wrong on making them though.

Now for my own ideas now that I have voted for having my own ideas:
My first one:
A DMC OVA which is more focused on Vergil on how he attained his DT in the first place as well as Yamato's power to seal the Hell Gates. I know the former was kinda shown in the DMC3 Manga, but it could've expanded out more, you know? Vergil's seiyuu would be the one who voiced him in UMvC3 while Daniel Southworth reprises his English-speaking role since DMC3.
Anyone else having some ideas?

I agree with you,besides,DMC needs more Vergil, I like him.
There are so many possibilities,and if the games don't fill the plot holes,then an Anime sure would.

Nelo The Great

Like i've said before, i'd love to see a spin-off title with vergil. Possibly after he's defeated and how he goes on a journey yo gain power with special artifacts, his standard suit he wears being one of the artifacts he finds

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
A full blown remake of the original series although the themes, the characters and the basic story line that defined the orignal series should still be there.

I think that one anime focusing Vergil's story before DMC3 could fill some plotholes and give us a more meaningful explanation to why he became that power-driven badass motherfucker we see in DMC3.
^But this would also be a god-send. Not only that, this anime that would be focusing on Vergil should be able to stand on it's own as a great anime. But then again this is a prequel so it should be easy enough for it to stand on it's own :D

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I voted for it to take place after DMC4 with Nero still being the protagonist.

As a lot of others said here, I also believe he still needs to develop as a character. And revolving the anime around Nero would be a great idea to take a lot of factors - one of the major ones being Vergil - into great consideration.
*sigh* It really is a great shame though that Nero existed for such a short time-span. He only managed to get screen-time in one game, and it saddens me, really. So much potential in his character, and it was suddenly dropped. So I do believe he's a great starting point for something at least. ^_^

I voted for it to take place after DMC4 with Nero still being the protagonist.

As a lot of others said here, I also believe he still needs to develop as a character. And revolving the anime around Nero would be a great idea to take a lot of factors - one of the major ones being Vergil - into great consideration.
*sigh* It really is a great shame though that Nero existed for such a short time-span. He only managed to get screen-time in one game, and it saddens me, really. So much potential in his character, and it was suddenly dropped. So I do believe he's a great starting point for something at least. ^_^

I think that all the characters of Devil May Cry have potential.I liked Nero and Vergil.I wished to see more of them though.There's still so many to say about them,yet it seems they considered a reboot was the right choice to do in order to clarify things and to give them more screen time..

Nero would be a great character to rely on.Not only he is at a age where he has his own questions regarding his origins,his parents,how his powers work and how he has his own insecurities.I felt they focused more on how to make him a Dante look-a-like badass and less on how his personality worked,because I don't think at his age he would have Dante's confidence and fearless attitude(without failing at it) because Dante's in his 30s and has some life experience.

And Vergil,I love this character,he still remains a mistery to me and I wished the producers would have clarified some stuff about him but still maintain some mistery around him.I still think the fact he is Nero's father has to do with the fact he wanted a legacy,someone to be a powerful being too and to have his sword and power still living through him,this being Nero.I don't think he wanted to have a happy family but more he wanted a son to keep the blood line of Sparda in case he would fail his plans or even die.But there's also the theory of Vergil being reincarnated,through Nero's Devil Bringer which is also plausible and makes more sense personality speaking.

Also I would have wished to see how he became an 'evil' person and this transition much more deeper emotional speaking than Dante's it seems,I think his personal emotional struggles would have been such a nice thing to look upon. He is to me not only a strong character but it would have been also a nice subject of analyzing.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I want to go for the 4th to 6th answers! However, I may come up of my own ideas for DMC's plotholes and contradicting inconsistencies.

Good point there...!

And to VineBigBoss:

You put what I've said straight from your mouth, man! We can all come up of our own theories, especially through fanfics, but can be quite debatable amongst ourselves here! None of us are neither right nor wrong on making them though.

Now for my own ideas now that I have voted for having my own ideas:
My first one:
A DMC OVA which is more focused on Vergil on how he attained his DT in the first place as well as Yamato's power to seal the Hell Gates. I know the former was kinda shown in the DMC3 Manga, but it could've expanded out more, you know? Vergil's seiyuu would be the one who voiced him in UMvC3 while Daniel Southworth reprises his English-speaking role since DMC3.
Anyone else having some ideas?

I feel the end of the day any anime should have its own take on the mythos since Capcom hasn't really done a good job tying it together, explaining it etc so the anime staff should have more freedom in writing the story.

Next time write outside the quote please, easier to keep track of when answering.

1. Yeah, the thing is before DMC3, Dante didnt do anything where he had to be responsible for with other people so he mostly answered to himself so seeing him trying to be a hero like is dad and having be accountable for his actions might get him to mature.

2. I wouldnt say Nero is a plothole, I would say they just didnt know what to do with him or his origin so they made him Dante-lite. I guess for me i would have vergil involved in his origin as in Vergil was how he got to fortuna rather than being vergil's kid. Easier to swallow and further establishes Vergil's character.

my origin for Nero is that he is the halfbreed son of one of sparda's enemies who Vergil later kills for XYZ. Later on he takes nero and brings him to Fortuna as a revenge scheme.

A son of an enemy of Sparda growing up to follow Sparda's will and not knowing his heritage.

seems like something vergil would do.

3. Thats easily explainable as something Dante tells people when asked about his past so the amount of people who knew Vergil is alive and did Temen-ni-gru are just him and lady.

Top Bottom