• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Dissidia 012 trailer + Tifa

aka958

Don't trust people
The crazy demon;279374 said:
They seriusly need to add Vincent Valentine >.>

One of the best characters they have done.

They add characters out of popularity. Tifa is most popular besides Cloud and Sephy in Final Fantasy VII.

Other characters that have been really popular is Kain and Lightning.
Other characters from other FF's that also is really popular:
Gilgamesh (FFV)
Celes (FFVI)
Seifer (FFVIII)
Vivi (FFIX)
Auron (FFX)
Vaan (FFXII (Mostly in Japan though))

They can't add more than a few characters, not even 1 character for all FF's. Adding Vincent Valentine isn't something they seriously need to do, although it may be your wish I do not think that will happen.

Edit: What I saw from the trailer.
Updated moveset for most of the characters, Garland has a heavy sword attack in the air, Ultimecia got some new magics, Exdeath summons a tornado on the opponent, Terra has a new spell leading to Ultima (it seems), etc.

Two new stages:
Luca Stadium (Final Fantasy X)
Pandemonium 10th floor (Final Fantasy II)

New characters:
Kain
Lightning
Tifa

New costumes:
Cloud (look at his costume somewhere in the middle xP)
Tidus (shirtless, as his dad)

That's about it.

aka958

Don't trust people
lorddemolatron;279456 said:
Well if that game will be released in Europe i will buy it and play.

Since the first one was such a big hit, Square would be both dumb and ebil if they didn't release it in Europe. :p

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;279557 said:

Awesome find! Rep+

Meg;279562 said:
Unfortunately the North American version of the site doesn't have anything yet. :dry:

Still:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dissidia_012/

*needs english translation*

We know one thing, they plan DLC! I hope they get loads and loads of it! ZOMG I would erase everything I got on my PSP to get all that stuff! Everything! :O :O :O

Meg

^ A true FF fan. :lol: Well we know of two things so far. Who knows what else they have planned? Maybe they'll release more characters as DLC down the line? Or more stages?

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;279565 said:
^ A true FF fan. :lol: Well we know of two things so far. Who knows what else they have planned? Maybe they'll release more characters as DLC down the line? Or more stages?

Or more bgm's. :O

Gilgamesh sounds like a DLC character since he got this bonus feel in it. xP

More stages? Yush!
"Final Fantasy I Stage Pack - Dissidia Duodecim"
"Containing 4 new stages to Dissidia Duodecim from Final Fantasy I. The stages being relevant to the 4 elemental dungeons in the original Final Fantasy I."

They could have collection with all music from every FF as DLC's.
"Final Fantasy XIII BGM collection - Dissidia Duodecim"
Where they include 5+ soundtracks that didn't make it to Dissidia Duodecim at first.

"Zack and Genesis characters - Dissidia Duodecim"
Just a wish. <.< xP

Thanks for the compliment. =D

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
The DLC we know they have planned thus far is Cloud's KH costume and Lightning's Aya costume later,much later on for those who couldn't get the codes due to not being able to get preordered copies of The 3rd birthday or Final Mix.Also we may have to pay for them.It is possible they include more DLC 4rth special costumes but it is unknown at the time.

Nomura and Kitase stated that they will include as much DLC as possible since they feel that DLC makes a game "incoplete".So don't worry,already we have a good 24+ stages and at least 1.5 the BGM's we had.Though it is more than possible.

More characters...I highly doubt it...all the characters they will include will be ones that have an impact on the story[thus Tifa and Kain] not the popular ones that much[so don't be surprised if you see Vivi instead of say...Beatrix or Steiner] apart from the FFs that need the main hero and the main antagonist[thus far XII[need a villain and Vaan] and XIII[needs a villain]].

The FFs that are most likely not to get FF reps are I[WOL is already everyone in one],III[Same here with OK],XI[seriously,it's an MMO],X-2[unknown if it will be in],XIV[rumors say it will be a hidden character like Gabranth and Shantotto were].Possibly II is on the list...

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;279654 said:
The DLC we know they have planned thus far is Cloud's KH costume and Lightning's Aya costume later,much later on for those who couldn't get the codes due to not being able to get preordered copies of The 3rd birthday or Final Mix.Also we may have to pay for them.It is possible they include more DLC 4rth special costumes but it is unknown at the time.

Nomura and Kitase stated that they will include as much DLC as possible since they feel that DLC makes a game "incoplete".So don't worry,already we have a good 24+ stages and at least 1.5 the BGM's we had.Though it is more than possible.

More characters...I highly doubt it...all the characters they will include will be ones that have an impact on the story[thus Tifa and Kain] not the popular ones that much[so don't be surprised if you see Vivi instead of say...Beatrix or Steiner] apart from the FFs that need the main hero and the main antagonist[thus far XII[need a villain and Vaan] and XIII[needs a villain]].

The FFs that are most likely not to get FF reps are I[WOL is already everyone in one],III[Same here with OK],XI[seriously,it's an MMO],X-2[unknown if it will be in],XIV[rumors say it will be a hidden character like Gabranth and Shantotto were].Possibly II is on the list...

They don't actually say the characters will get in due to impact to story but out of sheer popularity. :p

More costumes = golden.

24 stages excluding the alternate version of the same ones? :O

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
...Checked the interview...you are right.They need to be popular and have a unique playstyle[or at least they will give them one].

More costumes...yeah,golden,but the pay will probably be with gold...of the real world.<_<

Yup.The alternate versions seem to be the standard ones now for Dissidia 012.It's not like there were huge differences in most cases thought.

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;279682 said:
...Checked the interview...you are right.They need to be popular and have a unique playstyle[or at least they will give them one].

More costumes...yeah,golden,but the pay will probably be with gold...of the real world.<_<

Yup.The alternate versions seem to be the standard ones now for Dissidia 012.It's not like there were huge differences in most cases thought.

So 24 stages that are completely different from each others? Epic! :O

The gold of the real world would be around 2 bucks per costume pack I would assume. Not that much. XD

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Even so...non-free DLC is a burden...and it will be worst if it is PSN-exclusive.It is then that I won't be able to get any costume...

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;279689 said:
^Even so...non-free DLC is a burden...and it will be worst if it is PSN-exclusive.It is then that I won't be able to get any costume...

Ever tried MediaGo and a USB cable to your PSP?

Or are you using PSP Go? :O

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;279708 said:
I don't have a PSN account.And if I'm to get the jap version...

It's free to get one and you can create it at MediaGo for your PC if you don't have any internet connection to the PS3.

But isn't it like... your own decision when you get the jap version? It's completely optional. :p

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^I generally have a preference for japanese whenever it is possible but sometimes the japanese version will be far better than the international versions of the games...or at least that's what I think.Since Dissidia 012's release will be international I doubt there will be changes between the versions,but I'm still worried...

Anyway I'll decide the whole PSN thing after I get my hands on the game.;)

For now,we WAIT![God I hate that word...despite the fact that I'm not irritated by it.]

Top Bottom