• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Controls/Making Dante More Accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Hey guys, I've been reading other peoples posts and also surfing other forums (don't worry, I'm only a member at the best site - here :D) Now I am going off other peoples idea's here, adding my own ideas and taking note of Bayonetta but still trying to keep it DMC - what do you think of this as a new control scheme for Dante - it keeps the Swordmaster/Gunslinger styles relevant but breaks Royal Guard & Trickster to their own buttons.

L1- Devil Trigger
L2- Switch Between Swordmaster/Gunslinger
R1- Lock On To Enemy
R2- Trickster Moves (With Direction Combos)
Left Analogue- Move/Royal Guard Block (Press L3)
Right Analogue- Move Camera/Demon Magics (Press R3 w/ Directions)
Triangle- Melee Attacks
Square- Gun Attacks
Circle- Swordmaster/Gunslinger Attacks
X- Jump/Roll/Jump Cancel Also
Start- Pause/Menu
Select- Taunt
Up- Swap Guns
Down- Swap Guns
Right- Swap Devil Arms
Left- Swap Devil Arms

Remember this is not entirely my own original idea, I took note of other peoples ideas and added my own to it. Comment plz and ask any questions for me to elaborate :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's a bit of an odd idea... I know it's supposed to be a bit more fluid, but I probably wouldn't be able to get used to that. I'm more used to the controls in DMC2 and onwards. I liked the way Dante changed styles in DMC 4, having four on the outside and then one that activates when you press a direction twice. I think that would work better for me, but for those crazy people who try to superplay the games, this would work in their favor...

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I liked the styles concept at first, but now I think it is too flawed.
I mean, if you pay attention, the four styles just change a simple button, not the whole gameplay.
I think capcom should remove the styles or make them more unique. Like, when you use the gunslinger style, it should affect all buttons in some way (even the sword attack button), not only the circle button (PS3 version).

Anyway, your idea seems interesting. I think it has some things to change, but the concept overall is nice IMO.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I love it how I put it actually LOL... The ability to do cool Trickster moves with one button, block with another button, with switching between sword/gun styles, it's just for extra moves while u still have melee and gun buttons and demon magics with another - I love it LOL - the ability to do all of Dante's awesome moves at once :D But you can try another kind of control scheme to see what we can come up with :D

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALrighty then[Ace Ventura(Jim Carrey) voice] :

Controls[by moi]

Left Analog Nub : Move
Right Analog Nub : Camera functions
X Button : Jump
Circle Button : Style[and sometimes weapon] action
Square Button : Melee Fighting
Triangle Button : Gun Fighting
Select Button : Taunt
Start Button : Pause and menu screens
R-1 : Lock-on
R-2 : Guard/Royal Guard Guard
L-1 : Devil Trigger

Adavanced Controls :

Up on the D-Pad : Trickster Style Switch
Down on the D-Pad : Royal Guard Style Switch
Right on the D-Pad : Gunslinger Style Switch
Left on the D-Pad : Swordsmaster Style Switch
Double press any direction on the D-Pad : Devil Magic Style Switch
R-2 while moving : Trickster movement
L-2 + Square Button : Devil Arms Change[Bare Hands Count too]
L-2 + Triangle Button : Guns Change
L-2 + Circle Button : Omnistyle switch[Circle button alone is unusable]
R-1 + Right Analog Nub + X Button : Dodge Roll

That's it for the time being.If anyone wants combos,I'll be more than glad to do them too.To be safe I'd recomend having DMC 3 and 4's control configuration option.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
L1- Devil Trigger
L2- Royal Block/Royal Release (With Direction Input)
R1- Lock On To Enemy
R2- Trickster Moves (With Direction Input)
Left Analogue- Move Dante
Right Analogue - Move Camera/Reset Camera
Triangle - Melee Attacks
Square - Gun Attacks (With Direction Input/Gunslinger)
Circle - Swordmaster Attacks/Devil Magic Attacks
X - Jump/Roll
Start - Pause/Menu
Select - Taunt
Up - Swap Devil Arms
Down - Swap Guns
Right - Devil Magic Style (For O)
Left - Swordmaster Style (For O)
R3 + L3 - Activate/Deactivate Demon Focus

Here's another example - you can perform Trickster moves (I still think RE5 Wesker speed would be epic, teleporting all over the place :D) Royal guard/release with two different buttons whenever u want. You can swap between advanced DA attacks & Devil Magics. All in all, I like this kind of idea. I think advanced DA attacks are still needed for the more INSANE combos. Then u can swap to use insane Devil Magic attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom