• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New characters for DMC6

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I got a new antagonist in mind for Nero. A demon who is locked away by Mundus after challenging him for the throne, who eventually escapes thanks to the Qliphoth. Some time after DMC5, he manipulates Nero into his plans, by acting as a "client" or "fellow hunter" in slaying a demon that threatens humanity. Think of him like Eobard Thawne & Hunter Zolomon as well as the Dark Prince. What Nero doesn't know is that the demon he's looking for is actually him. So he's secretly using Kyrie in his plans to make Nero do what he wants and Nero doesn't know it. In return for Nero's assistance, he would offer information to him about his mother & her whereabouts.

The demon I'm picturing is a lycan/werewolf inspired by Sega's Altered Beast & Castlevania's Cornell from Legacy of Darkness. In human form, he wields hookswords.

In his DT is a werewolf and Sin DT is a chimera.

I wanted him playable for Special Edition. So let Vergil be part of the main cast this time with his son. While Dante can be unlockable.

Anyway, this antagonist wears green military-like clothing. And human form? I'm thinking Middle Eastern.

AD-1108-700x700.jpg

As DMC6 will be about 666 - Number of the Beast, think of the sequel as like a DMC1 vibe in some way.

Hungry Alien

I got a new antagonist in mind for Nero. A demon who is locked away by Mundus after challenging him for the throne, who eventually escapes thanks to the Qliphoth. Some time after DMC5, he manipulates Nero into his plans, by acting as a "client" or "fellow hunter" in slaying a demon that threatens humanity. Think of him like Eobard Thawne & Hunter Zolomon as well as the Dark Prince. What Nero doesn't know is that the demon he's looking for is actually him. So he's secretly using Kyrie in his plans to make Nero do what he wants and Nero doesn't know it. In return for Nero's assistance, he would offer information to him about his mother & her whereabouts.

The demon I'm picturing is a lycan/werewolf inspired by Sega's Altered Beast & Castlevania's Cornell from Legacy of Darkness. In human form, he wields hookswords.

In his DT is a werewolf and Sin DT is a chimera.

I wanted him playable for Special Edition. So let Vergil be part of the main cast this time with his son. While Dante can be unlockable.

Anyway, this antagonist wears green military-like clothing. And human form? I'm thinking Middle Eastern.

AD-1108-700x700.jpg

As DMC6 will be about 666 - Number of the Beast, think of the sequel as like a DMC1 vibe in some way.
Wait did you posted that on reddit too ? I replied to the exact same message yesterday

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Has anyone thought of any new character ideas lately? If we're gonna move forward with Nero, we need a fresh new cast other than just Trish & Lady in the human world.

That goes for new ones Dante & Vergil will meet in the demon world.

Should the next antagonist(s) since the Order be a corporation like Uroboros or a cult like the Order but Satanic... like Sadler from RE4.

For new hunters & huntresses for Nero to fight, think like Credo (bird) & Agnus (insect) with those animalistic features.
  • Sea creature/fish - merman/mermaid-based
  • Lycanthrope/Werewolf
  • Dryad/Mandrake
  • Minotaur/Centaur/Satyr
  • Arachnid

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought of a traveling artist stumbling onto a murder scene. He becomes a suspect because of his third eye. So he decides to solve the murders in order to exonerate himself.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I thought of a traveling artist stumbling onto a murder scene. He becomes a suspect because of his third eye. So he decides to solve the murders in order to exonerate himself.

Traveling artist? Third eye? Interesting.

How would he fit if by next game with Nero?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Traveling artist? Third eye? Interesting.

How would he fit if by next game with Nero?
This is more like Re7 so having the DMC cast pop here wouldn't feel right.

Although you could always just have Nero be a mentor to the new guy. Nero pushing him to a better person is a way to showcase how far he came since DMC4.

Originally his third eye was to be his heritage but I think making him a victim of the Qlipoth is more interesting. The Qlipoth spores had an adverse effect on some humans. No one knows why not even the demons.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'm still following JoJo vibes here. Since Nero is like Josuke, I can picture a Giorno who'll later join in the mix.

A dual wielder with a demonic arm on his left side, since Nero's right arm. He'll be a summoning fighter like Isaac from Castlevania: Curse of Darkness & Sieg from Chaos Legion. Wielding a khopesh and dagger against Nero.

If he dies later on, he'll have already an heir setup for him to take his place, but the young child would defy his fate and become Nero's future disciple.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I got a new antagonist in mind for Nero. A demon who is locked away by Mundus after challenging him for the throne, who eventually escapes thanks to the Qliphoth. Some time after DMC5, he manipulates Nero into his plans, by acting as a "client" or "fellow hunter" in slaying a demon that threatens humanity. Think of him like Eobard Thawne & Hunter Zolomon as well as the Dark Prince. What Nero doesn't know is that the demon he's looking for is actually him.

The antagonist of the next game deceiving Nero by posing as a client but actually being the demon that Nero was hired to defeat already just happened via V/Urizen/Vergil deceiving Nero to recomplete himself, and to a lesser extent with King in the anime. Why would Nero fall for the same trick two games in a row?

The other images you linked turned into redirects. Let's see if we can fix that:

61xWpq6x%2BKL._AC_SL1080_.jpg

9762adb9-0c11-4698-ae1c-84585033cc03

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin
Maybe just have this character be the son of the Big Bad and the POV character for the game?

Like Starkiller from Force Unleashed?

@Morgan maybe Nero could catch on fast and try to subvert the villian's scheme?

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
@V's patron A subversion would be good. We need a little more of those. Subversions that aren't hostile to the audience and doesn't treat the characters like dummies that never learn from one game to another. (y)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was a fan of Concrete Genie so I'd make a character like this-

He's some bullied teen who developed powers. Nero tries and stare him straight etc.

He joins DMC part time to fund art school.

He probably learned how to use a bo staff so he isn't helpless if he runs out aura.

Last edited:

Choij15

With Nero in charge of looking after mankind, what'll be next for DMC in 6th game?

How many characters do you picture being playable?

I'd imagine Vergil as protagonist with Nero. Maybe have two new characters: a new summoner and maybe a new partner for Nero to fight alongside with on the battlefield.

• If Nero did have a new partner on his crew with Nico, he has the punches with his Devil Bringer & Breakers, so he could have a partner with fast legs & kicks. Devil Breakers for legs maybe?
  • How about for villains? Nero will need enemies of his own. This is Nero's line of work now, so maybe something technological with demonology?
  • And since Nico with Nell Goldstein's legacy, maybe a new character carrying Machiavelli's legacy. I mean what would you name the guy? Beethoven? Mozart?
Honestly, for nero's new recruits for his van crew. I was thinking of two oc protagonists portayed by zach gordon and shailine woodly since zach played a minor role in ff16 and shaline portraying tris prior in the divergent. The reason i want these two actor/actress casted in dmc 6 is, ever since nero along with trish and lady including nico are temporaly filling in dante's job of defending humanity from mundus and even if nero is related to sparda, its not enough to counter defend earth from threats that are not mundus created ever since the skirmish with the order of the sword. So what if the two characters that i mentioned earlier somehow filled in the role of what the sons of sparda held pre dmc 5 or more than that succeded altogether sparda and his sons to become not demons but angels aka the avatars of heaven itself

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly, for nero's new recruits for his van crew. I was thinking of two oc protagonists portayed by zach gordon and shailine woodly since zach played a minor role in ff16 and shaline portraying tris prior in the divergent. The reason i want these two actor/actress casted in dmc 6 is, ever since nero along with trish and lady including nico are temporaly filling in dante's job of defending humanity from mundus and even if nero is related to sparda, its not enough to counter defend earth from threats that are not mundus created ever since the skirmish with the order of the sword. So what if the two characters that i mentioned earlier somehow filled in the role of what the sons of sparda held pre dmc 5 or more than that succeded altogether sparda and his sons to become not demons but angels aka the avatars of heaven itself
So are they angels or half-breeds like the others?

Are they related or lovers?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Anyone thought about a new yet female protagonist to join Nero & Dante? Lucia don't count anymore. Trish & Lady are left out too.

Hungry Alien

Anyone thought about a new yet female protagonist to join Nero & Dante? Lucia don't count anymore. Trish & Lady are left out too.
What about a gritty woman fighting in an plate armor ? Something similar to Apollyon in For Honor. Could even push the thing further by having her use an Angelo armor without the mind control.

Top Bottom