• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New AVP demo

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Don't know what it's like, due to the fact that my xbox downloads things in a rather slow paced fashion...but I figure someone out there has checked it out, so leave what you think. I want to know if wasting my time downloading the thing is worth it XD. All I know is that it looks...keyword = looks...cool.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
I have been super exited for this since hearing about it, the demo did not leave me disapointed. I do think the Marine is slightly over powered, you can win a game easily by just running around spraying the pulse rifle at anything that moves.. But I don't think it's that big of a problem. The level in the demo is ok but does get quite boring eventually and I don't think free for all was the best gametype to put in there. Some team deathmatch, aliens vs predaots vs marines would have been more to my liking. Overall I think it's definatly worth checking out if you enjoy fps'.

I love playing as Alien the most because you can just stalk the enemies on the ceiling and see them **** their pants everytime you hiss.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I'm really eager to get my hands on a copy of Aliens vs Predator but not for the multiplayer. I wasn't particularly bowled over whilst playing a few games and I can't see myself spending much time with the online component. The single player however - can't wait! I loved the old AvP games and I'm really lookin' forward to getting stuck into the Marine campaign first. I love a good scare.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Steve;201679 said:
I'm really eager to get my hands on a copy of Aliens vs Predator but not for the multiplayer. I wasn't particularly bowled over whilst playing a few games and I can't see myself spending much time with the online component. The single player however - can't wait! I loved the old AvP games and I'm really lookin' forward to getting stuck into the Marine campaign first. I love a good scare.

Ditto, the multiplayer demo hasn't sold me on the game, though I'll be getting it anyway because from what I've seen already, it looks brilliant, Deathmatch probably wasn't the best choice of game type to showcase the new AvP, maybe TDM would've been a better choice. But hell, there's going to be a survivor mode with 5 marine players and god knows how many waves of aliens, so I'm looking forward to that.

Also, ditto on the Marine campaign, walking around carefully watching your back and crapping yourself at the slightest hiss is the only way to play Marines. :lol:

I myself though, am more focused on the Predator campaign, I've always been a Predator fan because they're just badass, so I'll probably get stuck into that one first.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I want to try out an Alien first...I want to impale the hell out of someone with my tongue, and I also heard that if you sneak up behind an enemy, you jab them with your tail.

Also agreed. Marine campaign for the scares. Predator campaign for the brutal bad-assness.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Yeah, every race has a distinct trophy kill if you manage to sneak up on an enemy from behind, not sure about marines though.

Predator: Literal trophy kill, wristblade in the neck, removes Marine's head with most of their spine still attached and keeps it as a trophy.
Against aliens I believe it's just a wristblade under the chin and through the top of the head.

Alien: Creepy one with Predator, I had this one done to me when I was running for the Smart Disc. Alien appears behind you and grips your shoulders while its head pops round and looks you square in the eye, you look down briefly and all you see is a tail sticking straight through your stomach.

The other one is where it sneaks up on you, turns you round and sticks its tongue through your face.

Top Bottom