• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New actress & voice for Lucia

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Besides the last actress who voiced Lucia, who else would you pick to take the role if she returned?

French actress well last game yes. But what about if she came back with a British accent instead?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Sofia Boutella as Lucia for DMC6!
sofia-boutella-1.jpg

latest

berto

I Saw the Devil
Sofia Boutella as Lucia for DMC6!
sofia-boutella-1.jpg

latest
Are we talking realistically or dream choices? Because I'm pretty sure Capcom is only willing to give enough for casting to hire around the power ranger budget and I'm pretty sure Sofia Boutella is out of said budget. Why do you think they didn't have a Kyrie. Only enough for the cast they had.

I don't subscribe to that whole 'only people of the same race and nationality can represent themselves.' Antonio Banderas makes a fantastic Mexican. As long as the model fits the bill I say she can be from anywhere. I'd rather have a French VO, though, so she can nail the authenticity of the French accent. If she's not but can pull it off I'd be fine with that, too, but I'd rather get the authentic thing since you can often hear the minute differences and that really throws a wrench on the experience for me.

I've thought about this on occasion and there none that really fit the bill. For example, there is this one woman called Jasmine Tookes. Lucia is more brown than black but she has the features. The issue is that she only looks the part at certain angles:
jasmine-tookes-victorias-secret.jpg

6585c76ad8fae6eb8aefac1317f2c64a.jpg

jasmine-tookes-out-for-lunch-at-il-pastaio-in-beverly-hills-06-05-2018-9.jpg

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
This Jasmine Tookes would be the suitable model for Lucia? What about voice? For mocap, we need someone who can fight.

berto

I Saw the Devil
This Jasmine Tookes would be the suitable model for Lucia? What about voice? For mocap, we need someone who can fight.
Like I said, she only looks the part at specific angles. It's more a thought than a definitive choice.

As for Mocap, that's what power rangers are for. VA's only need to either be French or be proficient enough to pull off an authentic French accent. The original VA was French.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I always thought she looked like Rihanna so.....I'd ask her to play Lucia ;). (half kidding).

I don't know if I'd keep the French accent but I'd avoid making her British. I thought about rebooting Dumary Islands to be in the Carribean. It could still keep the European connection without directly being in Europe.

Another poster (Berto?) said she was meant to be more South American than French so.... it could work.

Top Bottom