• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's Origins ( no, this is not a repeated thread)

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Aparently thiis guy saw some tweets which said Nero's origins will be hit in DMC4SE:

"Hi dudes,

Yesterday I started to check tweets in which one of the Capcom's associates confirmed that there would be extras and evidences hinting the canon story, and most importantly for some others, Nero's origins."
http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_may_cry/go/thread/view/7401/30521183/neros-origins

So, now guys, with one night stands, prostitutes and out of character moments,it's time to speculate why DMC will darker and edger after this!Olé!:wink:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What that guy says about Dante being his father doesn't stand on its feet and he totally misunderstood that line from Dante.

But I don't get the point of this thread, what are we supposed to speculate upon, exactly?

Gel

Premium
We were always derailing Dante's age thread, so I began another.

This is simple:
Apparently Gregaman and another(unknown)guy from Capcom insisted Vergil's opening was too important to the canon and that had somewhat connection to Nero.
Aside from V's fight with demons, the only thing (apparently) meaningful was that woman in red.
We have already a pic of Vergil's ending in "Clear all missions with Vergil".
So, yes, @The 4th Snake, you could be right about the prostitute theory.This will be a "what it says in the tin" trope.
So that's why I have to give a "I'm sorry " kiss in Sanctus, because at this point everything seems to confirm his theory, so DMC goes Darker and Edgier because of it.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
LOL whoa "dark and edgier"... you're talking as if DMC is going to be like Nymphomaniac or something like that, which I don't see that being the case, even if the prostitute theory was true.

Gel

Premium
LOL whoa "dark and edgier"... you're talking as if DMC is going to be like Nymphomaniac or something like that, which I don't see that being the case, even if the prostitute theory was true.
No, DMC usually avoid these kind of subjects or they were simply lightly touched, almost childlike.This is the first time a "main" character is directly related to this subject, with even underage sex implied, so I guess I could say DMC had reached a more "mature" tone.If DMC subjects were usually in a gray zone, that gray zone will turn a little darker.

Viper

Premium
You know, @Gel , your current icon might be really relevant. How I see it, only a woman that could provoke that wide-eyed look could get into Vergil's pants, which says that no matter her position in society she should be damn awesome.
Not to mention hero's moms need to be inspiring, perhaps she had this incredible vigor in her that attracted Vergil, but next morning he had to sneak out for his mission to get more power, feeling only as most powerful knight will he be truly worthy of his queen.
Wishful thinking, but it feels nice...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well DMC isn't all sunshine and rainbows nor has Dante ever been a paragon of virtue so I don't mind if a darker subject matter is explored.

I'm just unsure if the writers can pull it off.

Atleast we have confirmation of nero's origins

Gel

Premium
You know, @Gel , your current icon might be really relevant. How I see it, only a woman that could provoke that wide-eyed look could get into Vergil's pants, which says that no matter her position in society she should be damn awesome.
Not to mention hero's moms need to be inspiring, perhaps she had this incredible vigor in her that attracted Vergil, but next morning he had to sneak out for his mission to get more power, feeling only as most powerful knight will he be truly worthy of his queen.
Wishful thinking, but it feels nice...
It was Arkham.Lol.So it was him who was in V's hot pants.Lol. But it's not the first time a hero is a child of a prostitute, but I don't know how DMC would pull it off. Anyway, I wish too Nero's mother was a glorious woman, not a random girl or maybe I was expecting differently from V. Too bad...

Well DMC isn't all sunshine and rainbows nor has Dante ever been a paragon of virtue so I don't mind if a darker subject matter is explored.
I'm just unsure if the writers can pull it off.
It's more about the character in question, not the subject, but I was fooled by his "holier than thou" attitude of him.I never saw Dante as virtuous. Very far from it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Gel
I get what your saying as im not against Nero being Vergil's son, its just i don't really see Vergil leaving him with Sanctus as Vergil would raise Nero himself such as the secret apprentice from The Force Unleashed games (which would be awesome).

Veloran

Under the assumption that Vergil's ending has no relevant information towards this topic, is his intro evidence enough, combined with what we know already, to link him as Nero's father?

Gel

Premium
Under the assumption that Vergil's ending has no relevant information towards this topic, is his intro evidence enough, combined with what we know already, to link him as Nero's father?
Good question! I don't know what they mean with extras, maybe art, secret cutscenes?Hints towards V being Nero's dad?We already know that, so we just have that hooded chick who stops to look a V, which means absolutely nothing.
Yeah, she could be just a church goer or someone who recognize his facial features, so this is a no answer, and no, I don't believe a possible DMC5 will answer this, as much they will ignore everything and do something unrelated, which is a kinda frustrating for me.

Veloran

so we just have that hooded chick who stops to look a V, which means absolutely nothing.
Yeah, she could be just a church goer or someone who recognize his facial features, so this is a no answer,
I don't know. It could be that, sure, but it would be a very strange and pointless detail to add in regards to their limited production time. They talk in the interviews about how it was difficult to frame Vergil's story with the resources allotted to them, and it would not make sense to add the whole cut with the worshipers leaving the church and that one woman in particular being singled out as noticing Vergil if it had no significance whatsoever.

Gel

Premium
I don't know. It could be that, sure, but it would be a very strange and pointless detail to add in regards to their limited production time. They talk in the interviews about how it was difficult to frame Vergil's story with the resources allotted to them, and it would not make sense to add the whole cut with the worshipers leaving the church and that one woman in particular being singled out as noticing Vergil if it had no significance whatsoever.
I know this is most likely Nero's mother, but I'll even more convinced ( me and others, for sure) if I have the pleasure of meeting her again, even if for some seconds,in the end, like cross paths again with V or looking into his eye or whatever, something subtil, classy and discreet.
The same way I know DMC5 will feature something completely different from this and we will never know this woman who made Vergil fell for his human side. I want know the mother of this new Nero.:inlove:

Veloran

I know this is most likely Nero's mother, but I'll even more convinced ( me and others, for sure) if I have the pleasure of meeting her again, even if for some seconds,in the end, like cross paths again with V or looking into his eye or whatever, something subtil, classy and discreet.
The same way I know DMC5 will feature something completely different from this and we will never know this woman who made Vergil fell for his human side. I want know the mother of this new Nero.:inlove:
I gotta say, I like how she wears red, and Nero's color pallet is red and blue. Nice touch.

Gel

Premium
I gotta say, I like how she wears red, and Nero's color pallet is red and blue. Nice touch.
Hmm, I was under the impression the red was a calling out to Dante, who wears red and shares some personality traits with Nero.After all, Nero is a new Sparda, mixing blue with red we have purple, so Nero is the true Savior people prayed for.

Top Bottom