• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's Encounter [Boss Fight Theory]

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Nero's walking through the snowy mountains (while holding the Yamato) towards the Castle when a voice says behind him, "That belongs to someone else."

[Referring to both himself and Sparda, the original wielder who unlocked its maximum DT potential form in DMC1.]

His son spins, trying to find the source of the voice, and all he can make out is the outline of a man with glowing demonic eyes...

(you know, because Vergil was once Nero Angelo and he still has that ability.)

... then the camera fades to black.

This is just how I'm thinking how Vergil will meet Nero and this will probably end up being the new teaser in about a month or so. It's a reference to the first DMC4 teaser (with Dante in the mountains).

-----------------------------------

I just wanted point this out in case Capcom actually went through with it (so that I could say I called it lol -- I'm joking about that, of course).

Vergil appears to love his son -- but like most powerful men, he'll want his progeny to prove his worth by testing his skill against his predecessor.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Sparda had once done the same thing before he died. The game lore did say that he had a "cold personality" after all (but was still somehow a bit playful like Dante).

That sort of thing could very well make Sparda a bit of a sadist, when all is said and done.

The first major boss battle, most likely. It'll be reminiscent of Temen-ni-gru, only on top of a mountain instead of a tower (with the castle serving as a backdrop, going back to DMC1's gothic roots).

Vergil will win, get back the Yamato, which will lead to Nero making a true Devil Arm. One that's like the Red Queen, only this time, it'll ascend Nero to his true Devil Trigger form.

At the end of the fight, as a "final insult," Vergil will rip Nero's arm Soul Reaver-style, forcing Nero to forge his own Devil Arm... arm.

Name: Ultraviolent

[It'll serve as a reference to Nero Angelo's track "Ultraviolet," Nero's combination of Red Queen and Blue Rose, his Devil Bringer animations, Godhand, and Nero's overall temperamental disposition (and desire for vengeance) -- the ultimate meta weapon.]

It's corny to be sure, but I would sorta be let down if Capcom didn't actually give one of Nero's weapon that name.

Besides, DMC4 is practically corn itself, so it wouldn't be all that unexpected, in any case.

-------------------------------------

As for the reason Vergil ripped it off, it's probably due to his own vanity. As much as he seemingly cares for his son, in his mind, only he is worthy enough to wield the Yamato; thus he ripped off the very arm holding it as a reminder to Nero that he is to never touch it again.

If Vergil stabbed his own twin and cut into his arm while Dante was falling (to add insult to injury), then I would expect a much more severe punishment for whomever would dare lay a hand on his most prized possession.

Just look at the way my avi is holding it. He might as well have a word bubble that says:

51886702.jpg

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i was hoping they would name the zweihander Nelo angelo uses "ultraViolet" but the theory itself is cool.

the new prothestic devil arm could lead to some kind of new melee system for Nero which would be cool.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So in other words... we cool. :cool:

Wah-wah. :thumbsdown:
relax man, the only problem i had with your idea is vergil cutting nero's arm off since i thought the gesture at the end of dMC3 was more a gesture of love as Vergil's way of saying "i trust your conviction go live your own life" rather than something cruel like you said.

Top Bottom