• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool626

Demon Slayer
What about nero they just can't dump him off without tellin us his origin whose his mother, father, or how he got his arm.
or tell us

Asmodaius

As this is a reboot, they won't be telling Nero's story from DMC4, but he still might make an appearance in the reboot one way or the other. No one knows yet.

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
yea!
I think they didn't do the right thing... after DMC 2 when we wanted to know what happened to Dante after jumping into the demon world...they made DMC 3 however DMC 3 was one of the coolest in this series but I still think the story order ( I hope I said that right) isn't good...
in DMC 4 they added Nero and make us to think about who is he exacly... then they are making a Reboot!!! it's a little annoying! (sorry I think I write a little unclear!)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I agree that dumping Nero wasn't exactly a wise move.

Hopefully they'll get their heads out of their asses, as that was NOT smart. He was my favorite character. Better than Dante, gameplay wise and personality wise.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
Yeah, I am very disappointed as well. I really like Nero, and I wanted to know his origins. And as I've said many times, the old series needed closure before they did this reboot. People nedd to understand that a reboot of Nero isn't going to fill the void, I want REAL Nero! I am still excited for this reboot, but even those who like it must admit the timing of said reboot is rather poor.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Yeah...the reboot timing was poor since EVERYONE (I'm sure even DMC fans who hated Nero) wanted to at least know his origins before continuing with something totally new. Who know, maybe this reboot is just something to throw to the fans since we wanted something soooo bad...then make something about Nero >_<

I'm kinda hoping that's not the case.

Dominus

Faustinasa;277027 said:
Yeah...the reboot timing was poor since EVERYONE (I'm sure even DMC fans who hated Nero) wanted to at least know his origins before continuing with something totally new. Who know, maybe this reboot is just something to throw to the fans since we wanted something soooo bad...then make something about Nero >_<

I'm kinda hoping that's not the case.

Could care less about Nero. His inclusion in the reboot seems pointless because he was added in DMC4 to try and make a new protagonist, but now we have a revamped Dante so the only plausible people that could be put in are Vergil, Trish, Lady.. TBH if Vergil was put in the game in a respectful form my interest would jump like 50 percent.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Dominus;277030 said:
Could care less about Nero. His inclusion in the reboot seems pointless because he was added in DMC4 to try and make a new protagonist, but now we have a revamped Dante so the only plausible people that could be put in are Vergil, Trish, Lady.. TBH if Vergil was put in the game in a respectful form my interest would jump like 50 percent.

You have to admit though...if you were given a choice of this reboot Dante vs continuing Nero's story...I'd bet even a lot of Nero haters would've jumped at the opportunity just to continue the 'orginal' series. We would have forms bashing Nero instead of them being split into two different halves. DMC reboot lovers and reboot haters. TBH, I'd rather hear flames about Nero than reading walls of text about the reboot...

beyondcrimson

may contain nuts
I'm in agreement that we need to sort out all the plot and semi ended story lines from the other games. And I totally agree that although you can change the gameplay you can't change something as fundamental as the main protagonist. If they are going to alter it so drastically they should just make a different game and give it a different (non DMC) title.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
It will be really sad if we do not hear about Nero again...I am not a huge fan of Nero but i want to know his origins as there so much mysteries surrounding him...If they are planning to dump Nero then they are making a very big mistake...A protagonist can't be erase like this. It will be so unfair to Nero.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I won't go back on myself I always said the only way I would be happy to let go of Nero is if Dante changes and is given an equal ammount of depth and humanity "but thats not gonna happen blah blah blah" but by the looks of it there is a chance that this has been done so I won't be a hypocrite and will remain optimistic about what the new Dante has in store.

But like Silves there was something about his gameplay and personality that just hit the spot with me better than any DMC ever character has.
I will miss him :(

icmasticc

Nero was a good character to me too. It made even better that his VA(Johnny Yong Bosch) did him perfect justice. I was interested in his history but change is change I guess.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
This is so typical. Capcom starts a good story and doesn't finish it. Leaving us wondering what happened to the character. I thought that DMC5 would finally stop making more new stories and start finishing what they started, just like Nero and DMC2's dante.

Darth Angelo;278515 said:
I won't go back on myself I always said the only way I would be happy to let go of Nero is if Dante changes and is given an equal ammount of depth and humanity "but thats not gonna happen blah blah blah" but by the looks of it there is a chance that this has been done so I won't be a hypocrite and will remain optimistic about what the new Dante has in store.

But like Silves there was something about his gameplay and personality that just hit the spot with me better than any DMC ever character has.
I will miss him :(

It is not yet confirmed that he is not in game soo, don´t miss him yet ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom