• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero Theories

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
OK, get this...
Vergil just lost his memory and thinks he's Nero...
And seeing Dante he regained some part of his old self and remembered his power cathphrase...

What else is stopping Vergil from being Nero?
Young age? Nelo Angelo armor prevents aging
Left-handed? Vergil was ambidexterous
No Devil Trigger? He was sealed after defeated by Dante in DMC1
Devil Bringer? It's just Devil Trigger awakened by Sparda's sword or Dante's presence.
Adoption by the Order? The had to tell him something... They just lied that they found him...

What else?

D

Deleted member 209

Zeke Axel;17417 said:
OK, get this...
Vergil just lost his memory and thinks he's Nero...
And seeing Dante he regained some part of his old self and remembered his power cathphrase...

What else is stopping Vergil from being Nero?
Young age? Nelo Angelo armor prevents aging
Left-handed? Vergil was ambidexterous
No Devil Trigger? He was sealed after defeated by Dante in DMC1
Devil Bringer? It's just Devil Trigger awakened by Sparda's sword or Dante's presence.
Adoption by the Order? The had to tell him something... They just lied that they found him...

What else?

but we saw him without his helmet on right? He looks around the same age as Dante at that moment in time. And they look nothing like each other (Vergil and Nero) so uh.. I don't realli agree? BUT

I like the idea of deception and amnesia.

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
but we saw him without his helmet on right?
We did??? *Bites nails and gets worried for his spotless theory*

Can you post a picture or something... I mean that was low-res oldgen Vergil. Maybe on nextgen hi-res he looks like that!!!

Come on Dante looks way different in DMC4 and DMC1...

D

Deleted member 209

Zeke Axel;17422 said:
We did??? *Bites nails and gets worried for his spotless theory*

Can you post a picture or something... I mean that was low-res oldgen Vergil. Maybe on nextgen hi-res he looks like that!!!

Come on Dante looks way different in DMC4 and DMC1...

http://gallery.devilmaycry.org/albums/userpics/10001/normal_devil-may-cry-vergil-nelo-angelo.jpg
that's the link to the picture of Vergil without his helmet on. I knew I got it from this gallery! :lol: :p

well yeah dante does look different, but he's still older no? :\

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
Now I get it...
Vergil was corrupted during his young age, right? Then the Nelo Angelo thing made him grow more powerfull in demonic terms (he does look alot bigger than Dante in DMC1)...
So when he was defeated, he was thrown back into the state before corruption, which was his young self...
That sounds logic, right?

D

Deleted member 209

Zeke Axel;17458 said:
Now I get it...
Vergil was corrupted during his young age, right? Then the Nelo Angelo thing made him grow more powerfull in demonic terms (he does look alot bigger than Dante in DMC1)...
So when he was defeated, he was thrown back into the state before corruption, which was his young self...
That sounds logic, right?

I see so in a way he was preserved...
then why is he called Nero?
Do u think he lost his memory so the order took him in and named him?
so why is he the devil bringer and why do u think that he can't fully devil trigger like Vergil could?

Mobfigurz

Im not backing this theory, but the name Nero would be short form for Nero Angelo, considering they f'd the name up in DMC1 and called him Nelo Angelo. Nero Angelo being the latin for 'Black Angel', could have greater significance for the Character Nero, could be a link to a greater power and thus binding to what the creators said about Vergil having a role/appearence in the game.

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
Yep, Nero is from the tranlitteration Nelo Angelo

He can't fully devil trigger because he was
1) Sealed when defeated by Dante
2) Or his DT was corrupted and supported by Mundus it changed. And with Mundus' defeat he lost that power.

I see a point in why is he called Nero which is Vergil's alias. When he should have forgotten it.

Maybe he was somehow brought to life and brainwashed by the order. They called him Nero and invented the "human" legend

kornistheanswer

kornistheanswer
Nero is dantes son.

I dont know how I dont know when but thats what I think.

I mean look at how similiar they look. I mean at the end of DMC1 dante said "and when you do come back say hi to my son for me"

DUH!!!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dante's son? And the mother? Trish?
Well, the only thing that I can think is similar to Dante is the becides characteristics he uses guns and hates his daddy in this age...but then again...:huh:

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
kornistheanswer;17556 said:
Nero is dantes son.

I dont know how I dont know when but thats what I think.

I mean look at how similiar they look. I mean at the end of DMC1 dante said "and when you do come back say hi to my son for me"

DUH!!!

thats quite true. i was confused at the way dante said that in dmc1. so yeah, that goes well with my theory of nero's possesed arm being vergil coz if their connected by blood then he could posses him easier right?

Atikkin

Shrine Child
Nero is Dante's son? That I didn't see coming. I also don't think it could happen. I understand that Dante told Mundus, before he took a hike into Hell, to send his regards to his son. But who would the mother be? Trish? Lucia? Lady? It doesn't make any sense. If Trish is the mother, Nero's power would off the scale because she's a demon created by Mundus. Then there's Lucia, who was created by Arius, and she is not human either. Lady I can understand, but it would probably never happen since she puts her mission before her life. *In other words, there's no way she'd settle down*

Nero with a possessed arm? Yes, that I can agree with. Is Vergil the one causing the possession? Yes, I can believe too. So this theory makes a little bit sense. Nero's hearing a voice in his head that demands more power. It could happen, you never know.

Now here's another theory that I have in mind. What if he is Vergil? What if, somehow, he was ressurected and was reborn as a human child. As he starts to grow, his arm starts acting up. Could it have been possible that the human part of Vergil dominates all of Nero, while the demonic part tries to set itself free by demanding more power? And if so, could Dante have known about it?

Mobfigurz

I dont support the 'Nero - Clone' theory, but the more and more I think about it and the more info I read, as well as pictures I see, I'm starting to believe that Nelo Angelo's rebirth will take place through Nero and the possession of the limb, the 'Devil Bringer'.

Most recently, the image I saw on the Official DMC4 Website which included an illustration of the Demon that has possessed Nero as an After image/aura if you will, leads me to believe that aura is of Nelo Angelo, an updated take on Vergils Demon form. My reason for that thought is the fact that the only 3 Demons of significance in the game (Sparda, Dante and Vergil) have forward facing Horns, a trait inherent of their fathers form (Sparda).
And the 'Devil Bringer' itself seems to cover Nero's hand partially, with sharp nails, and that is familiar because as we saw from DMC3 Vergil wears half gloves/mittens or whatever you want to call them, the Devil Bringer covers the hand of Nero in the same fashion, only half way with the fingers exposed.

Now, maybe its nothin, but maybe it is a clue to Vergil/Nelo Aneglo's role in the game and how we lead up to his introduction.

danteman

Atikkin;16682 said:
Devil May Cry fans speculate multiple theories regarding Devil May Cry 4's new character, and supposed protagonist, Nero. Nero is a character who bares a remarkable resemblance to the devil hunter, Dante. He has a demonic-possessed arm, which grants him the use of demonic capabilities.

Theories begin to spread once Nero was brought out before the public eye. One theory speculates that Nero may be the reincarnated or ressurected form of Vergil, Dante's twin brother. The second theory may be that Nero is a clone of Sparda, created by Sparda followers/ worshippers. Another theory, would be that Nero is possibly a descendent of Sparda's line. Lastly, and the strangest theory, is that Nero is Sparda himself.

But all of this is speculation. Therefore, in your opinion...just who the hell is this Nero guy?
i think that nero seems like sieg in chaos legion with the arm stuff and all the only thing is that sieg have red hair

nero seems like sieg in chaos legion.

it could be possible that dmc4 is linked with chaos legion ¡look the arm of sieg and nero and compare!

Atikkin

Shrine Child
Devil May Cry and Chaos Legion, to some people, are considered to be similar games because demons are hunted down. There is also a 'trigger' where the main character gets a boost of power to defeat all the demons. Dante, activates the devil trigger, while Seig summons a Legion to tear all his enemies apart. It was even stated on the box "If you like Devil May Cry, you'll like Chaos Legion." This is link between the two.

In regards to Nero and Seig being similar, I don't think so. Nero has a possessed arm while Seig wears a kind of gauntlet upon his arm, so he may summon his legions.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Its simple that Nero is a soon of Dante because yes he is subconcious but wouldnt you be if you had a weird arm.

Dhampir

Vampire Hunter
Dante(Breathing heavy): Nero, I am your father.
Nero: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yamato

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but, my theory is that the demon inside of Nero's arm or w/e is Vergil/Nelo/Nero Angelo. I mean the gloves are just so similar when you compare pictures of Verg and Nero...Meh, I'm probably wrong. Either way I diffenately think Vergil is involved somehow. If not the Dante/Vergil kid theory is possible...although being a large obsesser over Capcom games, I don't think the plotline is that complex, so I believe Nero is simply Nero-maybe the devil messed with his mind and he changed his name or something-and ok now I'm just losing it here haha. Either way those are my thoughts haha...I think Dante just wants the power in Nero's arm back-thats why I suspect it's Vergil. Or wait since they worship Sparda in the town, maybe it's Sparda's arm/power and thats why Dante wants it cuz there exploiting it for evil or something...

*BREATH* Ok, I'm done!:lol:

Top Bottom