• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero seems to be much more efficient than Dante

Onkel Cannabia

Dante may be stronger, more veratile and have more moves, but Nero is still much more efficient (=less skill required for the same results).

Charged Shot 3 + Max Act and then EX Streak + DT do avoid getting hit is just the perfect tactic against pretty much any enemy in dmc4. Load your gun while using EX Streak w/ Max Act and use DT if an enemy is about to hit you. You can do an insane amount of damage with almost no effort. I just started Bloody Palace to see how far you can get with this tactic and I ended up finishing BP without even too much effort. Whenever my health was to low I just spammed EX Streak and Charged Shot 3 and nothing could hit me. I also had 8 minutes left when I was finished, so it seems to be quite fast too.

Sparda™

Nero is just a spam character. Nothing interesting. Has custom animations for each enemy/boss the Buster/Devil Buster is used on, and that is just a compensation on the repetitiveness of his move-sets.

Dante is actually more fun to use and It requires mastery. And I'm not saying on using Lucifer and Pandora all the time, like most do with him. Royal Guard, Dark Slayer, Sword Master...styles that require practice. A few use the Ebony & Ivory, relying to much on the Coyote-A and the Pandora. Also, Gilgamesh is rarely used.

Onkel Cannabia

Actually, when I think about it, that's probably exactly why they made hinm like this. You play Nero the first half of the game, so you have easy moves with lots of eye candy. EX 3 moves look awesome and beating the **** out of bosses with Devil Buster is half of the reason I enjoy the game so much in the first place :D. So he is the perfect character to introduce new players (like me;)) to DMC.

Nero might get older quick, but the first 1 or 2 weeks I had much more fun with Nero.

Sparda™

^ That was the purpose. Introducing a new character to newcomers in the Devil May Cry universe.

Although I disagreed about It, as they were making too much fan service and graphics smashing, rather than a true storyline development.

Top Bottom