• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero as DMC's Raiden

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Do you see Nero as DMC's Raiden from Metal Gear?

The way I see it, Kyrie feels like Rosemary too.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I can see the parallels, younger inexperienced protagonist who initially doesn't trust the older hero but comes to respect and learn from them.

They even have more grounded relationships with normal women who turn out to be more connected to the plot than it initially seemed.

Dio Brando

yea but i like raiden more than nero. i mean capcom is trying to replace dante with nero and i get why but nero needs time to grow to be able to replace dante but nero isnt bad he just dosnt feel right.

Hungry Alien

yea but i like raiden more than nero. i mean capcom is trying to replace dante with nero and i get why but nero needs time to grow to be able to replace dante but nero isnt bad he just dosnt feel right.

This is my problem with Nero. He is pushed into the main protagonist role, but he doesn't feel like he deserve it. In each game he appeared, Dante did most of the work, then stepped aside and let Nero get the glory. DMC 4 did it quite good with Dante being the mentor figure, so it make sense. But in DMC 5, Nero should not have the most screen time.

That create a feeling of Nero "cheating" his way up in DMC 5. Like he get the focus with his Devil Breakers which even get their own hype mission, but when you look at it, these are just a bunch of gadgets, nothing so amazing about it. But Nero keep going for Urizen, making you feel like he got a trick up his sleeve. But no, he has nothing else and yet he somehow manage to do better than a DT Dante with the Sparda by passing Urizen shield. And then he get rekt and Dante come and save the day. The game hype Nero so much and then just drop him for Dante.

The worse being that after Nero is presented as far below Dante, the story try again to make him shine over Dante by making Dante be an idiot fighting his long lost brother to death for literally no reason. That way, Nero can come and say "Guys chill out, you can talk about it you know" to sound like he's "better" than the twins. But it's just stupid and obvious. Also Nero get his DT in a ridiculous way. It is framed as epic, but looking at the core of it, it's just completely dumb. Nero didn't even earned it trought hardship and becoming a better person, he accomplished nothing in the game and never thought about if he's wrong or not.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
This is my problem with Nero. He is pushed into the main protagonist role, but he doesn't feel like he deserve it. In each game he appeared, Dante did most of the work, then stepped aside and let Nero get the glory. DMC 4 did it quite good with Dante being the mentor figure, so it make sense. But in DMC 5, Nero should not have the most screen time.

That create a feeling of Nero "cheating" his way up in DMC 5. Like he get the focus with his Devil Breakers which even get their own hype mission, but when you look at it, these are just a bunch of gadgets, nothing so amazing about it. But Nero keep going for Urizen, making you feel like he got a trick up his sleeve. But no, he has nothing else and yet he somehow manage to do better than a DT Dante with the Sparda by passing Urizen shield. And then he get rekt and Dante come and save the day. The game hype Nero so much and then just drop him for Dante.

The worse being that after Nero is presented as far below Dante, the story try again to make him shine over Dante by making Dante be an idiot fighting his long lost brother to death for literally no reason. That way, Nero can come and say "Guys chill out, you can talk about it you know" to sound like he's "better" than the twins. But it's just stupid and obvious. Also Nero get his DT in a ridiculous way. It is framed as epic, but looking at the core of it, it's just completely dumb. Nero didn't even earned it trought hardship and becoming a better person, he accomplished nothing in the game and never thought about if he's wrong or not.
Maybe he'll get another chance done right on his own next game. But with a fresh new cast of characters alongside him.

Dio Brando

nero need his own....thing. like how dante hes stylish and cocky thats why he has styles and royal guard wich in itself is representive of dante. and vergil gets his concentration meter and he uses the same weapons for a more refined gamplay. Yea neros has his breaker but as hungry alien said "there just a bunch of gadgets." red queen can rev and gets exceed but its just not special he needs more gamplay development not just character development. this is juts my oppoin

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In Nero's defense Capcom told you upfront he's the new protagonist. They didn't do a bait and switch like MGS2.

Top Bottom