• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero anime?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
this may be a weird idea but i think that if they do another anime, they should have nero be the main character and have it follow his adventures during DMC4 and after.
- the reason why is that nero is easier to do in an anime as he is a active participant in the world around him where dante is just a passive observer. He has a stake in the world where as dante doesn't care. Fortuna is his home and he wants to protect it and it's people.
- Another reason is that dante is a hard character to do in a anime because you cant play as him. You try to changer him up or fill in his past , the fans will bitch because he will lose his mystique. So its best just to keep him in the games or in the background.
- Besides even the most devote nero fans will accept you changing him up a bit since he was too similar to Dante for comfort. You can also develop him in ways you cant develop Dante.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I would want a Nero anime only if Capcom has completely given up on the established DMC storlyine.

If that where so it would be nice to have some more backstory on Nero and how exactly he is related to Sparda.

But if Capcom does plan on keeping the DMC story for future games then no i do not want a anime for Nero since i'm not really to much of a fan of his to set and watch a whole anime devoted to him.

I would however play a game "staring Dante ofcourse" where we get some backstory on him.

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
If this was, say, an OVA, it would be good. His backstory would be best told through an OVA since it really isn't anything you couldn't fit into one shot anime story. He's fairly simple to create a backstory for. The novels based on DMC4 probably will be called canon, and... He's part of a military type of group based around religion.

If an OVA is too hard for the people making it, 5 episodes is enough to get the point across. Maybe 6 or 7. I don't see why an anime would be the best way to tell his story, though. A novel or short story sounds more suiting.

I wouldn't mind this being made, but it just sounds like overkill. How many people would watch someone on a Japanese channel in Japan just to learn about a character from a game that is 3 years old?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
How many people would watch someone on a Japanese channel in Japan just to learn about a character from a game that is 3 years old?

Devil May Cry fans, a truly devoted fan would watch it even if the game was 10 years old. okay maybe at that point only Nero fans and the compleatly obssesed would care. but only three years after with only a single trailer for the next game it would definitly get watched. how long has it been since FFVII and people are still begging for a remake or sequel.(demanding whould probably be more accurate. check the youtube comments on any trailer for a new Final Fantasy game and i bet you will find them). do you really thing Devil May Cry fans are any less devoted.

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
Devil May Cry fans, a truly devoted fan would watch it even if the game was 10 years old. okay maybe at that point only Nero fans and the compleatly obssesed would care. but only three years after with only a single trailer for the next game it would definitly get watched. how long has it been since FFVII and people are still begging for a remake or sequel.(demanding whould probably be more accurate. check the youtube comments on any trailer for a new Final Fantasy game and i bet you will find them). do you really thing Devil May Cry fans are any less devoted.

Anime is made by people thinking about the money it will make normally. I don't think the DMC franchise has an undevoted fanbase, as I can tell it has a devoted fanbase. I'm part of it. The general public, however, is not begging for an anime about a character from DMC that is not Dante. The anime being made for a niche market would be unlikely, as it could easily make too little money.

It would get watched, but it wouldn't get much public interest. That's what I'm meaning. The comic book industry in America is able to make comics based on characters that aren't utterly popular because... Just look at the amount of underground publishers for American comics. Comics tend to have a devoted fanbase, too, and casual fans. The thing is, though, comics from America tend to be made in an environment that allows exploration of smaller details.

Japan's anime market isn't like that. It can't come out with tons of anime that were made for the purpose of exploring a smaller amount of characters of a franchise. That isn't what the consumers of that market like. They want to watch adventures, and the like. If someone was able to make their own anime or animated series of Nero, that would be a different story.

Most animes that get any watchers aren't in the ownership of niche-market based companies or creative teams. Comparing economics to fanbases isn't logical since money isn't the fanbase, it's the people that make a fanbase. Money is what makes an economy.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
is anyone other than a Devil May Cry fan likely to watch the anime that was made? if people who don't care about Devil May Cry will watch one about Dante they will watch one about Nero. only a fan would really care witch one it is. most people don't know the difference. and if only Devil May Cry fans watched the first anime than there are enough fans to make another one profitable even if know one else cares.(basicly the first one worked so another one should)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Thanks for the feedback guys, you've given me something to think about.

remember I'm not necessarily saying that they should give up on the old storyline or Dante as a character to use, I'm just saying don't use him when you have nothing to for him to do. DMC4 and the anime suffered because he had nothing to do nor a challenge to overcome therefore he was kind of boring. It took me a while to actually watch the damn thing thru because i kept getting bored with it.

i think people who aren't fans would watch it with nero if they think its cool and they are not going to care that its not about Dante.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Yeah, I'm on agreement with Z218. It would be pretty cool, seeing Nero in Anime. Set after DMC4, interesting. Seeing Nero in combat on "anime" would be a interesting watch. Maybe just maybe ...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
My plan was for a actual series running seasonally, 13-22 episodes like we have in the states. I wasn't thinking of an OVA or miniseries but I'm not against it.

Well the first season was supposed to revamped retelling of DMC4 just to clue everybody in on what happened. There are gonna be people who are watching this for the first time so we want to make it easy for them to jump onto.

To kill two birds with one stone, our version of DMC4 wouldn't completely match up to the game. We all know that DMC4's story could have been much better than it was and we can right that wrong now. We definitely start off on a stronger foot and it provide more incentive for fans of the series to actually watch the show.

That gives us more incentive to answer the game's unanswered questions so by the end of the season you would know what the deal is with Nero's arm and how he relates to Dante.

Dante, Lady and Trish all have supporting roles in the season with Trish and Lady having a lengthy subplot where they try and counsel a Order soldier who is trying to remain human and a good person after he becomes a demon. It is also revealed that Arkham emigrated to America from Fortuna so Lady is interested in how her father grew up.

The show will attempt to sort out the timeline thru dialogue and since Nero is new to DMC, that gives us a chance to definitely go back and explore old stories like the novels/games etc or tell new moments shown off-screen. They wont be that soon since these people arent storytellers nor that trusting right off the bat.

I'm just gonna have Nero be either Dante or vergil's kid to keep it simple and clean. I'm not bogging the viewer down with the intricacies of cloning or any of that. Plus we barely know anything of Dante or vergil's life and it could humanize them.

I have a couple different ways the series can go after season 1 and I'm unsure if DMC2 should happen before or after 4 so I'll leave it up to a vote.

There are two ways it can go-

Happy ending-
-Season 1 ends similar to the game with Fortuna and its people relatively safe and Dante gives his blessing for Nero to watch over Yamato.
- Season 2 starts out with Fortuna trying to rebuild and figure out how to live their lives without the order providing a direction for them.
- There are a lot of factions rising up with different ideologies about what to do next. Nero is trying to stay out of all that but eventually he is gonna have to back a side.
-Things get more complicated as the order's experiments are getting out of control. The town has to deal with the fact that not all of them has lost their marbles and rehabilitiaon is possible. Plus some demons are not evil.
_ In this scenario, Vergil is nero's father and Nero's mom was a powerful witch. His mom is still alive and one of the seasons will deal with that.
-This all happens before DMC2.

Tragic ending-
-Season 1 ends with Fortuna going busted up pretty badly and most of the people dying. The rest that are still alive decide to leave and go their own seperate ways. Since Nero's only family, Credo and Kyrie are dead, he has got nowhere to go so when Dante offers him room and a job at DMC HQ, he takes it.
- Nero is about 16-17 so Morrison and Dante decides to enroll him in the local high school to give him some semblance of a normal life.
- Most of the episodes job's come from Nero taking a job dante refuses or cant do and there is a running gag of Nero getting a better reputation as a hunter than Dante.
- Nero also does his own vigilant gigs on the side since unlike Dante he doesnt need to wait for the fight to come to him.
- In this timeline he is Dante's kid being the product of a relationship Dante had with a Fortuna human immigrant.
- This ends up happening 5-7 years after the other anime so patty is about the same age as Nero and tends to be his partner when he does a gig. Trish taught her how to use her sorceress abilities and Lady taught her how to fight so she is less annoying than before.
- In a couple of seasons, we will do a shoutout to the reboot with nero fighting Limbo city after leaving DMC HQ to find his own home.

it would be funny if Studio pierrot animated this since they animate bleach and naruto but their main problem is that they dont know how to do their own plots in addition to adapting the source material, hence the low quality of fillers they produce.

Studio BONES who did FMA, FMA brotherhood, Baccanno, Darker than black and Ao no exorsist is my prefered choices as they know what they are doing.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like the idea of a Nero anime and your ideas Z218 work for a Nero. A anime would be a good way to mend the problems between DMC4 the video game and DMC4 the novel.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
My plan was for a actual series running seasonally, 13-22 episodes like we have in the states. I wasn't thinking of an OVA or miniseries but I'm not against it.

Well the first season was supposed to revamped retelling of DMC4 just to clue everybody in on what happened. There are gonna be people who are watching this for the first time so we want to make it easy for them to jump onto.

Not a bad idea, but this will also mean a retelling of the game.

To kill two birds with one stone, our version of DMC4 wouldn't completely match up to the game. We all know that DMC4's story could have been much better than it was and we can right that wrong now. We definitely start off on a stronger foot and it provide more incentive for fans of the series to actually watch the show.
I don't see that working cause fans who hated DMC4 will really not want to go through it again, even if it is done better then the game.

That gives us more incentive to answer the game's unanswered questions so by the end of the season you would know what the deal is with Nero's arm and how he relates to Dante.

I think this should be explained in a game. This info seems like something that's canon to the DMC storyline.

Dante, Lady and Trish all have supporting roles in the season with Trish and Lady having a lengthy subplot where they try and counsel a Order soldier who is trying to remain human and a good person after he becomes a demon. It is also revealed that Arkham emigrated to America from Fortuna so Lady is interested in how her father grew up.

This seems like a fanfiction-type story. Maybe it should be the ghost of Arkham, haunting Lady.

The show will attempt to sort out the timeline thru dialogue and since Nero is new to DMC, that gives us a chance to definitely go back and explore old stories like the novels/games etc or tell new moments shown off-screen. They wont be that soon since these people arent storytellers nor that trusting right off the bat.

I'm just gonna have Nero be either Dante or vergil's kid to keep it simple and clean. I'm not bogging the viewer down with the intricacies of cloning or any of that. Plus we barely know anything of Dante or vergil's life and it could humanize them.

After the 2010TGS DmC trailer, the last thing fans want is for Dante and Vergil to be "humanized" down.^_^

I have a couple different ways the series can go after season 1 and I'm unsure if DMC2 should happen before or after 4 so I'll leave it up to a vote.

There are two ways it can go-

Happy ending-
-Season 1 ends similar to the game with Fortuna and its people relatively safe and Dante gives his blessing for Nero to watch over Yamato.
- Season 2 starts out with Fortuna trying to rebuild and figure out how to live their lives without the order providing a direction for them.
- There are a lot of factions rising up with different ideologies about what to do next. Nero is trying to stay out of all that but eventually he is gonna have to back a side.
-Things get more complicated as the order's experiments are getting out of control. The town has to deal with the fact that not all of them has lost their marbles and rehabilitiaon is possible. Plus some demons are not evil.
_ In this scenario, Vergil is nero's father and Nero's mom was a powerful witch. His mom is still alive and one of the seasons will deal with that.
-This all happens before DMC2.

Seems pretty good.

Tragic ending-
-Season 1 ends with Fortuna going busted up pretty badly and most of the people dying. The rest that are still alive decide to leave and go their own seperate ways. Since Nero's only family, Credo and Kyrie are dead, he has got nowhere to go so when Dante offers him room and a job at DMC HQ, he takes it.

I would like to se this.

- Nero is about 16-17 so Morrison and Dante decides to enroll him in the local high school to give him some semblance of a normal life.

That sounds stero-typical, yet very understanding.

- Most of the episodes job's come from Nero taking a job dante refuses or cant do and there is a running gag of Nero getting a better reputation as a hunter than Dante.

I would like to see this one as well. As long as a plot is created along with it.

- Nero also does his own vigilant gigs on the side since unlike Dante he doesnt need to wait for the fight to come to him.

That's sounds like DmC Dante.

- In this timeline he is Dante's kid being the product of a relationship Dante had with a Fortuna human immigrant.

So Dante would have to have had sex at fifteen or something. Not the youngest age I've seen kids do it. (Don't ask)

- This ends up happening 5-7 years after the other anime so patty is about the same age as Nero and tends to be his partner when he does a gig. Trish taught her how to use her sorceress abilities and Lady taught her how to fight so she is less annoying than before.

I think Patty should not be a sorceress and just be the same as she was in the anime, just less annoying and more funny. Plus I also think Patty should have a crush on Nero but act all Tsundere about it.

-In a couple of seasons, we will do a shoutout to the reboot with nero fighting Limbo city after leaving DMC HQ to find his own home.

Then where would new Dante be if Nero's in Limbo? and would that mean new Dante and Old Dante could meet? Questions, questions~

it would be funny if Studio pierrot animated this since they animate bleach and naruto but their main problem is that they dont know how to do their own plots in addition to adapting the source material, hence the low quality of fillers they produce.

I prefer the studio behind Hellsing. Only natural, but I guess the Bleach studio would be good too.

Studio BONES who did FMA, FMA brotherhood, Baccanno, Darker than black and Ao no exorsist is my prefered choices as they know what they are doing.

Oh yeah, they should too.

Welp seems you got some good Ideas here. If it were all true, I would so support this.^_^

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Oh yeah, they should too.

Welp seems you got some good Ideas here. If it were all true, I would so support this.^_^

Thanks for replying and I will just put my answer here, in #.

1. I think it's more for the fans of 4 than the haters.
2. Sure.
3. We will just do both. Arkham came back to specifically stop Sanctus from succeeding where he failed.
4. That is a discussion for another thread.
5. Thanks.
6. Thanks.
7. I was thinking about college but Morrison doesn't want to pay for that. Plus Morison just puts Nero in high school to give him something to do in btw gigs so he doesn't pick up Dante's lazy habits.
8. It's give us more of a chance to see how other hunters operate and gives us more time with Lady.
9.I didn't think about it that way but you could say that. I felt that it just fit in with the Order's M.O.
10. I know what you mean but Nero was born about a year before DMC3 and Dante was about 20. Yes, I'm reworking the timeline but at least I'm addressing it.
11. I respectfully disagree as i definetely want to address why people find patty annoying and turn it on its head aand make her more useful and likeable.
12. It's not meant to be the reboot, just Nero fighting a city called limbo.

Thanks and I also have a pitch for a series on the post DMC3 period for Dante.

imran631

Hi,
I am going to discuss about Pizza Hut coupon. The Pizza Hut coupon codes or printable coupons are very useful for the regular customers of pizza hut. These coupons of codes can be used for various purposes. Some codes may offer 50% discount on your order, some coupon codes offer up to 83% discount. You can also use your coupon for free delivery only.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Hi,
I am going to discuss about Pizza Hut coupon. The Pizza Hut coupon codes or printable coupons are very useful for the regular customers of pizza hut. These coupons of codes can be used for various purposes. Some codes may offer 50% discount on your order, some coupon codes offer up to 83% discount. You can also use your coupon for free delivery only.

Hi,
I am going to discuss about DMC.org Bans. The DMC.org temporary or permanent bans are very useful for the regular staff of DMC.org. These bans can be used for various purposes. Some bans may offer a chance to redeem yourself, some bans offer no chance at all. You can also use your ban for a free ticket out of here!

Top Bottom