• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nephilim Character

TonyRedgraveDMC

So I'm wanting to make a DmC Devil May Cry OC who's essentially a nephilim, or at least who functions as one, able to interact with Limbo, (before it merges with the "real world at the end of DmC) able to wield angelic and demonic weapons, and according to legend, capable of defeating a 'demon king'. Only, I want to justify his/her angelic and demonic nature by considering the consequences.

So in DmC, it's clarified that not just did Mundus murder Eva, exile Sparda, and decided to go after their nephilim offspring because he felt "betrayed" by his "blood brother" Sparda for the taboo he committed, but nephilim have existed before Dante & Vergil, with Assiel being the only one known within the game, and that they were all similarly hunted down because they "had the power to cross worlds" (idk if that has something to do with Limbo, tho probably not, probably just referring to their mixed power, since apparently demons can travel into Limbo and keep their bodies too, and the only difficulty even Vergil had was *leaving* Limbo without a rift or defeating the demons in a given area)

Anyway, goal is to come up with how such a character can be a nephilim (or close enough) without being hunted down and killed like Assiel. My only guess would be if said character's parents were each a half-demon and half-angel, and the character inherited angelic and demonic traits from both, so is technically not a nephilim. Otherwise, unsure if humans could get their hands on angel-demon weaponry and emulate the kind of abilities needed. Any ideas?

TonyRedgraveDMC

Actually, I did imagine this character having a "Devil Trigger" (still not sure if the name's accurate. Did DmC intend for it to be a display of their demonic power only, or juat preferred to keep the name the same?) that let the character perform sensory illusions or Mystique-esque disguises, so maybe. Heck, we're not even sure what made Assiel and the other nephilim such easy targets to begin with, and because Vergil's status as a nephilim was kept secret from Mundus until the end, he didn't have to worry about demons really, except after being outed as the leader of The Order and killing Lilith. So I suppose I might have been overestimating the risk of having a nephilim character.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
It could also be possible that they, somehow, weren't seen as a nephilim but rather as just an angel or a demon. It could fit with the fact that demons commonly used human bodies to spy on Dante/humans (http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Looker).

Other possibilities could be that your OC was either discarded by his/her parents, or protected by a high-ranking angel or demon that never revealed they had a nephilim son/daughter.

TonyRedgraveDMC

It also seems maybe since at least Sparda used a vessel (I assume Kyle Ryder's not a real human, just a human form Mundus cooked up for himself-- which definitely would have been interesting if Trish had a DmC counterpart) and maybe Eva did, that's why Dante & Vergil had human forms. Perhaps Assiel was born of an angel and demon properly either in Heaven, Hell, or Limbo, she had an angelic/demonic form that was obviously nephilim, where D&V appear human.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
It also seems maybe since at least Sparda used a vessel (I assume Kyle Ryder's not a real human, just a human form Mundus cooked up for himself-- which definitely would have been interesting if Trish had a DmC counterpart) and maybe Eva did, that's why Dante & Vergil had human forms. Perhaps Assiel was born of an angel and demon properly either in Heaven, Hell, or Limbo, she had an angelic/demonic form that was obviously nephilim, where D&V appear human.

this is interesting, would make a really good fanfic

Top Bottom