• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nelo Angelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf 's Soul

Could someone tell me why vergil becomes nelo angleo in dmc1??? he is bad because he wants or he is forced by the prince of darkness???

KojiDude

Forced by the Prince of Darkness (Mundus). After his battle with Dante, he was both tired and drastically weaker than Mundus. So when he fought him, he lost, and was brainwashed into being Nelo Angelo.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
But some ppl think he became Nelo willingly.... Or he became Nelo to gain more power and kill Mundus

D

Deleted member 209

Alastor12;13191 said:
But some ppl think he became Nelo willingly.... Or he became Nelo to gain more power and kill Mundus

how could he do that when he was a slave to Mundus' will. And if he still was good under possession then why would he want to kill Dante?
*hence the reason he is a boss at several points in the game*

Dark Elf

Dagger user
He was not the slave of Mundus, as I said, he joined Mundus willingly or to betray him.
Mundus ordered him to hunt down and kill Dante

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
Vergil didn't join Mundus willingly. When he fought Dante the first time in DMC1, Dante was at Nelo Angelo's mercy... but then Nelo Angelo saw Dante's amulet and there was a definite inner-struggle.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
We don't know this exactly. We just saw how Vergil drawed his Yamato and ran towards Mundus, so several things could happen to him. I wonder, how Nelo could react on Dante's amulet, when he was wearing his own?

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
I say after Mundus whupped Vergil, he mind-wiped him or something and turned him into Nelo Angelo. Nelo Angelo's memories started to come back when he say Dante had the same amulet that he does, and it pained him.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Vergil carried his amulet with him, right? You said he began to remember his past when he saw Dante's amulet. Why didn't he remember it with his own amulet?

Dark Elf

Dagger user
There must be explanation for this.

In addition to this, what if Vergil (Nelo Angelo)'s armor is not showing that he serves Mundus? Maybe Corrupted Vergil looks like we saw him in DMC:SE (a'la count Dracula), and his armor is just a defensive measure.
I heard somewhere that when Vergil removed his helmet, he partally got rid of Mundus' influence (he remembered Dante). Why didn't he took it off after the first battle, or at the beginning of the second?

Dark Elf

Dagger user
I thought about Nelo Angelo yesterday and I have a little theory.
What if Nelo Angelo (Vergil)'s armor exists to suppress his power?
When Vergil fought Mundus (in the end of DMC 3) and failed, Mundus knew that Vergil was the son of Sparda, so instead of killing him, he enslaved Vergil. Then he saw that Vergil's powers were little (he was not aware of previous Vergil vs. Dante fight), so Mundus decided to share his power with Vergil (Nelo Angelo now). Suddenly, Nelo recovered from the fights and his power grew in several times. He was strong enough to defeat Mundus, so Mundus decided to suppress his force potential with this armor.
Knowing this, I can say what happened to Nelo after the third fight with Dante. You maybe noticed that when Vergil removed his helmet he became much powerful than he was in previous confrontations. When Dante defeated him, Nelo (by this time, 100 % Vergil) decided to unleash his full power. Then, a "defense mechanism" worked. "Defense mechanism" is another part of my theory. Mundus was not intended to lose such a powerful servant, so he designed a "defense mechanism", which included three levels of defensive measures:
Level one: If Nelo (Vergil) remember who is he with his armor on.
Level two: If Vergil realises how to take power from his reserves.
Level three: If Vergil remember everything in level 2 condition and/or he decides to enable all his reserves of power.
Vergil reached level 3 condition after 3rd fight with Dante. He holded his head, which is probably the sign of mechanism working. When he began to activate his powers, Mundus just annihilated him.
If you've got any questions, just ask me

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
You think Mundus killed Nelo Angelo? It looked like Nelo Angelo teleported away.

You have an idea, but I draw something different from it. I think you might be right about Nelo Angelo remembering more when he takes off the helmet. He didn't use Phantom Swords in the first two fights, but he did in the third after the removal of his helmet. And as we know, Vergil had Phantom Swords in DMC3.

I can't say whether or not Nelo Angelo was still under Mundus' control after he took off the helmet. He may had still been trying to stop Dante for Mundus, or he remembered their rivalry.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
I think Vergil's instinct of being a rival of Dante fully covered his mind.
I said that Mundus killed Vergil because Mundus should have understood the risk of keeping someone with this amount of power so close. But he was also impressed with ability of being a master of such a powerful warrior.
So Mundus faced a choice

D

Deleted member 209

I do have a theory..

I think that would explain why Vergil and Dante r so different from each other. They're the two sides of Sparda's personality. And sparda wears purple right? whaen he's in human form so red (dante) plus blue (vergil) could equal sparda.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
That's right.
I also think (it's gonna be mad) that D&V needed two components to gain their ultimate forms. Dante needed to gain the sword of Sparda (I mean Sparda, not Force Edge) and to feel himself as Sparda. Vergil needed to realise that he had lost and the power he wanted to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom