• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Need some help here,screen name related....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

Durante;197230 said:
Well not quite it was supposed to be a detective and a partner of Dante on the first drawings of Devil May Cry but they dumped the idea and rather made "Tony Redgrave" be Dante's nickname.

but it's Non-canonical due to Devil May Cry 3.

Dante's nickname as Tony Redgrave is 100% canon.

Ebony & Ivory/Luce & Ombra have the same engraved words...

For Tony Redgrave
By .45 Art Warks

It could have been Sparda's nickname.

Durante

Dead
Sparda™;197236 said:
Dante's nickname as Tony Redgrave is 100% canon.

Ebony & Ivory/Luce & Ombra have the same engraved words...

For Tony Redgrave
By .45 Art Warks

It could have been Sparda's nickname.

You do know that the novel starts before the first game? And Dante takes up an alias for no reason? With making encounters with Gilver aka Vergil himself? And the force edge there differs from Dmc 3 aswell

The Ebony&Ivory are supposed to be custom made right? So didin't he made them himself? Perhaps your right ,or it might have been a friend of his.

Sparda™

Durante;197241 said:
You do know that the novel starts before the first game? And Dante takes up an alias for no reason? With making encounters with Gilver aka Vergil himself? And the force edge there differs from Dmc 3 aswell

The Ebony&Ivory are supposed to be custom made right? So didin't he made them himself? Perhaps your right ,or it might have been a friend of his.

Some of the details of the novel are canon, not the novel in its entirety.

The guns are custom-made by Neil Goldstein, in DMC Vol.1, as explained. She also made Luce & Ombra for Sparda, seemingly as the engravings are the same. Since none of the games offer an explanation about the origins of the guns, the novel remains the only source.

Durante

Dead
Sparda™;197249 said:
Some of the details of the novel are canon, not the novel in its entirety.

The guns are custom-made by Neil Goldstein, in DMC Vol.1, as explained. She also made Luce & Ombra for Sparda, seemingly as the engravings are the same. Since none of the games offer an explanation about the origins of the guns, the novel remains the only source.

I see,thanks for explaining that ^_^ too bad the novel isin't being produced anymore :( or so i heard.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;197142 said:
So we could say that Tony redgrave is that guy in the anime that helps Dante out from time to time???

There's a guy who helps him in the anime? o_O Say whut? Do you mean Morrison?

Um...back on topic.
How about:

Legendary Rebel

I'll post more if I any come to mind.

Sparda™

^ There's already a member called The Dark Knight.

Durante;197251 said:
I see,thanks for explaining that ^_^ too bad the novel isin't being produced anymore :( or so i heard.

I'd love to have both volumes of the novel, but can't find any. What a shame.

aka958

Don't trust people
Thanks for explaining :D .

now onto the topic, how about

Legacy of sparda

Protector of sparda

(I know i'm just switching the words places but it sounds kinda cool)

Durante

Dead
Sparda™;197264 said:
^ There's already a member called The Dark Knight.

I'd love to have both volumes of the novel, but can't find any. What a shame.

I think i've seen many new copies on Amazon with having novel 1,2 +Dmc3 manga part 2 all of them 41$ but i never bought there... :D

And on topic i might suggest

Bringer of Light
Sparda's shadow
Holy Demon
One man army xDD

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
There isn't a European publisher for the first two novels, hence why it's hard and pricey to get them out there.

And...Nell didn't make Sparda's guns, nor was that ever insinuated in the novel. ~holds up his copies of both novels~. The reason they have the same stamp on them is because other than name redeco, they're the exact same guns.

Oh, and thank you for the compliments to the sig I made for Nem. Now if only he'd MENTIONED such to begin with...~glares at Nemesis

NemesisHybrid

Wannabe Betrayer of Hell.
Yes,attention everyone.He made my sig!I take no credit for it what so ever,it is all his doing.So,thanks Dante :p.

Sparda™

Dante Redgrave;197307 said:
And...Nell didn't make Sparda's guns, nor was that ever insinuated in the novel. ~holds up his copies of both novels~. The reason they have the same stamp on them is because other than name redeco, they're the exact same guns.

They're not the same guns.

Trish holds Luce & Ombra in DMC4, so there your point fails.

NemesisHybrid

You cant find the novels Sparda?I just got off the phone with a nice gentlemen from Barnes and Noble who just ordered the two of them for me.They shall be in next week :3.

Sparda™

NemesisHybrid;197313 said:
You cant find the novels Sparda?I just got off the phone with a nice gentlemen from Barnes and Noble who just ordered the two of them for me.They shall be in next week :3.

Meh, busy with uni stuff, so I wouldn't actually have the time to read them.

By the way, DR...

trishlc.jpg

That's Ombra Trish's holding there.

Both pair of pistols are M1911 Colts.

NemesisHybrid

Regarding L&O,I thought she wielded them in DMC1 and the animated series only?I cant say that I actually payed attention to her guns in 4,sort of distracted by other things :p.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
She used them in DMC 2 as well. If you play as her and check her guns, it says: "Luce & Ombra, Sparda's hand-made twin pistols." I believe...

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;197320 said:
She used them in DMC 2 as well. If you play as her and check her guns, it says: "Luce & Ombra, Sparda's hand-made twin pistols." I believe...

Correct.

She wields them in DMC1/2/4.

In fact, Dante lent to Trish Sparda's guns and his sword.

Durante

Dead
Sparda™;197321 said:
Correct.

She wields them in DMC1/2/4.

In fact, Dante lent to Trish Sparda's guns and his sword.

Now i understand the reason for Dante using rebellion over Force edge in Dmc2,4 and the animated series, but why would he rather use rebellion instead of his force edge :huh:

Sparda™

Durante;197352 said:
Now i understand the reason for Dante using rebellion over Force edge in Dmc2,4 and the animated series, but why would he rather use rebellion instead of his force edge :huh:

Force Edge became the Sparda sword after DMC1.

It was rather logical he'd use Rebellion, since It is the manifestation of his soul, and a memento from his father, Sparda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom