• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

need some Help for S rating in Mission 2

maSu

Okay... its a bit... embarrassing, but i need some Help!

i did finish whole game on "Demonhunter"(maybe different Names in German PC-Version?! Its the harder difficulty of thoose two, you can choose after "new game").

Now i try to get a "S"-rating for every level.

I already got some S-ratings but @mission2...

maximum Orbs i can get: 88% -> A
maximum Style: 5800 -> A
Time: something around 10 Minutes -> S

Main problem: Most enemies die too fast, so my Stylerating sucks. If there are 5 enemies S or SS rating for the fight is "normal". but 3 enemies, very weak and not close together, so i need to run between combos.
Normally i start fighting Berial with 4000 style-rating-points... :(

I tried now ... 20 times maybe... looked everywhere for orbs... is there a secret which i have to find?! The secret-mission Orbs and ratings do not influence the overall rating or do they?

Koemi

half-breed
welcome maSu!

do some taunting, and use tricks: for Nero, use the buster to just grab the lesser enemy and let its buddies hit it for you, or charge up your Exceed bar/blue rose to max before hitting a GANG of enemies; for Dante, royal guard and trickster right at the moment of enemies attack and do some crazy combos to a group of enemies (say, use charged drive + over drive + taunt + pandora laser cannon

Try watching the links to the vid. walkthrough provided in this forum helps a lot to local all those secret orbs

hope that helps

Sparda™

First, welcome to the forums!:)

Since you've finished the game once, then you must have the Rusalka Corpse. Your Devil Bringer will make a characteristic sound along with a bright sphere appearing, which will get larger when you'll have found the secret orbs location or If you have found a secret mission.

Since It's Mission 2: La Porte D'Enfer, you have Nero against Berial.

Berial's attack are Sword Slash, Erupting Fire, Hell Blast and Charging Conqueror....

The first attack consists of Berial slashing with his giant zweihander.

The second attack is when Berial creates volcano-like erupting fires below the place you're standing.

The third attack is when Berial unleashed a giant blast of fire around him to recharge and damage the surrounding area - his signature attack.

The fourth attack is when Berial is seen on flames before jumping on you.

Now there are several strategies...

The 1st attack is easily evaded with either Side Roll or Table Hopper. Evasions give rankings as well, so try to chain them by utilizing Ex-Gauge combos and Charge Shots of the Blue Rose. If Berial is somehow far from you, or even downed, make a Taunt but don't overdo It.

Extinguish his flames and then DT. Jump on air, Devil Snatch him, and Devil Buster him. Quickly approach Berial again, and just Devil Buster him this time. Remove the DT and get far from him since he will recharge and damage the surrounding area.

This strategy is for less expert players, or even for those who want to give themselves an edge.

There is another strategy, which consists of Jump Cancel.

It is a technique in which in the moment when the sword impacts on the enemy's body - while you're on air - If pressed the jump button in that frame, can launch you into an infinite combo - as long as you keep the timing.

To add the damage, you can use the Ex-Gauge but you must time It perfectly. Once mastered, everything is a piece of cake...;)

Well, I hope I helped you.;)

maSu

Wow, big THX :)

I'll try some of the things... :)

@bossfight with Berial: normally i use snatch to get up to his head, activate DT, try to hit him until his flames are switched off and then i use 1 air-buster with DT on him, after he is going down, im using 2nd buster on ground. Normally he's loosing ~half of his Life at this attack-combo.

Whole fight is over after 1-2Minutes.

@Ex-combos: i've got nearly all skills - MAX-Act too. But i dont know how to use it in a good way. The description of this skill is very "bad" ingame and in the manual.

Its very hard... but now ill look up all orbs. With 2 S-Ratings, i hopefully dont need a combat-style S-rating to get an overall S-rating :)

(DMC4 is my first DMC i ever played, so im bit nooby ;D but i like it :) ! )

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I think one problem you may have is you are killing him too quick(its possible?) and you arent getting the max style points you can on him, try to get as many as you can on him while still keeping alive and killing him, hope it helps =Þ

maSu

okay got it... combatstyle still only ~6000 and A-Rating - cant get any higher O_O

But got S rating @time and orbs now...found the hidden orbs :)

thx @all helpers :)

Top Bottom