• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Need some crits from you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablojin

well a quick update before I get to be its 01:30 and I have work lol, ah ****it its last day before xmas hols!!

This is virgil at about 40% modelled, I have roughed out his body and clothes, tweaked his face, and added a wee lil bonus item! ;)

hope you like

Virgil_Wip_3d_by_DiabloJin.jpg

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yamato!!! :D
That looks wicked! Keep us updated on your progress. Really good job so far. Are you going to work the detail into the katana as well? Just curious to know (I have a disturbing love for the samurai sword) :)

Btw, I always thought that pic of Vergil was some dude cosplaying as Vergil. LOL.

diablojin

clairavance;194936 said:
Yamato!!! :D
That looks wicked! Keep us updated on your progress. Really good job so far. Are you going to work the detail into the katana as well? Just curious to know (I have a disturbing love for the samurai sword) :)

Btw, I always thought that pic of Vergil was some dude cosplaying as Vergil. LOL.

Hey Clairavance,

Yeah Yamato is going to have the FULL detail so dont worry about that.

Reason I been quiet the past few days is I have been experimenting with the hair system in 3ds max..
UNFORTUNATELY my pc is too darn ****ty to render the hair properly. I have a basic understanding of it and how it works, but cant apply what I know to the work. (Need to wait till jan to get my beast pc)
Sooo I got fed up and started playing with rendering, bear in mind that the texture on his face is BASIC & NOT FINISHED, the texture on his jacket is a TEMPORARY one, and the hair is painted in photoshop (in roughly 2/3 mins, so dont shoot me if it looks too fluffy etc) so you guys can get a better idea of how Vergil would of looked or "may" look.
No more modelling has been done on his face, all you see is pretty much Dante's face but with a few features changed. The rest is all lighting and shadows to give that menacing look.
Going to hold off on Vergil for a bit and concentrate on finishing Dante off. So will be taking dante into zbrush and giving him that "Real" feel.
Anyhoo enough waffling as usual

here is Vergil

(not finished AT ALL, so still early wip :p)

1587g3r.jpg

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
diablojin;195115 said:
Going to hold off on Vergil for a bit and concentrate on finishing Dante off.
1587g3r.jpg

You're going to finish Dante off? o_O I tried that, but with his stupid trickster moves and dorky wit, he just WOULDN'T DIE!! LOL. I know I know, you didn't mean it that way, I'm just being silly.

Ooooh, menacing Vergil. I like! :$

Are you going to be showing off your progress with Dante as well? I think what you're doing is bloody brilliant. :)

diablojin

Happy xmas, merry new year guys and hope you all have a good easter :p
Sorry havent been about for a bit, I have had a nightmare over xmas..
Moving house = no internet
no internet = no updates
computer dying = no work done and ****ed off me
no computer + no internet + no work = me lost for a couple of weeks lol
Anyhoo Im back now with the internet, brand new BEAST of a computer, which gives me more power and hopefully less worry of everything frying like my previous commy.
Been sorting some work stuff out and some graphic design for some clients but now have had time to move forward slightly with Dante.
He is all uv mapped now (so i can paint textures on) also you may notice rebellion is there now along with a dynamic pose.
This week I will be taking him to zbrush (click here if you arnt sure what zbrush does (it adds detail to make it look more realistic

and going hell for leather and getting this piece done!

Here is the pic

danteposed.jpg
as you can see he is quite rough, this is due to no smoothing on him, to take it to zbrush the model has to be at a low subdivision to work on. (well u dont have to, but I prefer it)

Let me know what ya's think, if you wish to see other angles let me know!

ps who is this devil girl who pm'd me?!?!
pps been searching for various pics and poses of dante and WTH are all the pics of him and vergil kissing or him and neo kissing.. is dante gay?

thats all for now!

ta taaaa

Durante

Dead
Hey dude,i think your pictures are great,the new one,i've seen the other old ones too
quite impressive work there.
This Dante looks just like in the game! :D Except that he looks like he doesn't have his eyes and i think the rebellion handle looks too straight or it just looks from this way if you don't get my point then here's a pic of it

281993-300px_rebellion_4_large.jpg

diablojin

Durante;198472 said:
Hey dude,i think your pictures are great,the new one,i've seen the other old ones too
quite impressive work there.
This Dante looks just like in the game! :D Except that he looks like he doesn't have his eyes and i think the rebellion handle looks too straight or it just looks from this way if you don't get my point then here's a pic of it

281993-300px_rebellion_4_large.jpg

hey man thanks for the compliment and thanks for looking!

his eyes are there lol, its just because I have everything in grayscale.
Here is another view of rebellion, i think the perspective on the main image is fooling your eye! :) Rebellion isnt finished just yet but will keep you updated!
rebelliond.jpg

Durante

Dead
Your most welcome dude but i think you got the unawakened version of Rebellion since the skulls mouth isin't open and the horns must be longer the handles point is covered with spikes otherwise it looks very good :)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
diablojin;198467 said:
danteposed.jpg

pps been searching for various pics and poses of dante and WTH are all the pics of him and vergil kissing or him and neo kissing.. is dante gay?

That is one good looking draft. I'm curious to see what it all ads up to when you start putting in the textures :D

And yeah, those obscenities are what we know as Yaoi and Twincest. Fangirls and (gulp) fanboys gone totally awol with their sick little fantasies. Dante would never! Neither would Vergil.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Sorry to say it clairavance, i bought 6 book things of DMC yaoi from Ebay (i got them because they were DMC). Paid quite a bit too. I didn't know what doujinshi was... i was wrapped up in cotton wool as a child...

Sorry....Still can't see the pics.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Honestly... i didn't know what it was...
And i think Vergil would freely join Mundus' ranks before he kissed (or did anything else) with Dante.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;198808 said:
Sorry to say it clairavance, i bought 6 book things of DMC yaoi from Ebay (i got them because they were DMC). Paid quite a bit too. I didn't know what doujinshi was... i was wrapped up in cotton wool as a child...

Sorry....Still can't see the pics.

:lol: :lol: :lol: When I first came across yaoi on the net it was by accident. I was so upset by it that I stayed offline for three weeks LOL.

I second that Sparda. Yaoi must die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom