• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Need Opinion... (Vergil model)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
8458993053_cb403b747b_b.jpg

Does this look like old or new vergil?
I can't change his features anymore than what I have done.
I would love to have a Vergil model for Daz 4.5 but I'm finding really difficult to convert one.

Thanks VeeBee

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
He looks like old Vergil to me, but his hairstyle and face shape seems more like new Vergil... He's like a mixture between them >.< To look like old Vergil his hair needs more uh... Pointiness? And his face could be a bit slimmer?
(I'm a veteran at designing sims, not exactly expert advice >.< )

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
You make sims, that's expert to me :)
That's what I thought. I've maxed out everything for his features (that'll be as thin as his face gets and I can't change his hair anymore.)
I'm just worried that he looks too much like New Vergil.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I was gonna say what AG said, tbh. Maybe you could drop his jawline a little, VB? Give him more of a pointed chin. Maybe make his nose a little longer, too. *thinking in Sims terms so not sure using the program you're using* He looks really good, though. :3

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I was gonna say what AG said, tbh. Maybe you could drop his jawline a little, VB? Give him more of a pointed chin. Maybe make his nose a little longer, too. *thinking in Sims terms so not sure using the program you're using* He looks really good, though. :3

Thanks Shadow. I'm using Daz 4.5 (because it was free :p) I can only move the jaw up, down and side-to-side. I can't do anything with the chin and I've maxed out the nose. I think it's as close as I'm gonna get.

Here's how he's turned out. (Again, opinions welcome.)

(sorry that it's on DA.)
http://fav.me/d5uml38

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
You're welcome. =) Ah. ^^; He still looks great, though. ^^ *thinks those programs sound hard to master*

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'd say his hair peaks a bit too high at the front of his head on the model in the last pic... I don't know about the DmC sprite because I haven't looked at it properly or which of the two you are aiming for, but with the classic Vergil skin the hair is flat back at the front, probably not higher than an 'inch' above his head if you imagine the head in 1:1 scale. The part where his hair does stick up and 'misbehave' is toward the back end where if it were gelled neat, it would fall with the curve of the skull. But Vergil is a messy guy, he's got 3 bits falling like a fringe at the front and the back is sticking up and out like a wet cat or something.

From the interface on Daz his face does look similar to the hi res concept art Vergil's face.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I'd say his hair peaks a bit too high at the front of his head on the model in the last pic... I don't know about the DmC sprite because I haven't looked at it properly or which of the two you are aiming for, but with the classic Vergil skin the hair is flat back at the front, probably not higher than an 'inch' above his head if you imagine the head in 1:1 scale. The part where his hair does stick up and 'misbehave' is toward the back end where if it were gelled neat, it would fall with the curve of the skull. But Vergil is a messy guy, he's got 3 bits falling like a fringe at the front and the back is sticking up and out like a wet cat or something.

From the interface on Daz his face does look similar to the hi res concept art Vergil's face.

That's what I thought. For some unknown reason that hair has a mind of it's own. If i pose the actual model, the hair will stay floating above the model (and I have to re-attach it). I think that I found the perfect-ish hairstyle but I can't find it free and I think it's a bit expensive.
http://www.daz3d.com/pure-hair-cool

I did follow a picture of the hi-res Vergil.

Top Bottom