• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Need a solution!

Ai-Katsumi Haru

odaya kana ha to ~ 穏やかなハート
In my windows Vista Ultimate :

Well I'm in a bit of a pickle. I recently downloaded a theme for deviant art like I normally do. I decided to install the custom imageres.dll and and browseui.dll files that came with it. So I went into my system32 and renamed the real browseui.dll to browseui.dll.original and renamed imageres.dll to imageres.dll.original.
The reason I did this is because I'm and idiot and thought this is what your were supposed to do. I then proceeded to try and add the custom files to my system32. The problem is, It says it's moving the file but then it does nothing. For that matter, I can't move, rename, delete, or change any file in my OS (C:) drive. It wont let me remove the .original off the files.
It's not doing anything else to my computer as far as I know except messing up my logon screen, but I really would like to fix this. What should I do?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Any of the following:
  1. Install Linux
  2. Install Windows XP
  3. Re-install Vista
  4. Copy your files onto another hard drive, then boot from that and hope it works
  5. Same as above, but format your current C: and copy things back over after re-naming the appropriate things

Those are the options I know of. As a mac user, I don't know. I have also not really used vista apart from friends in dire need of my help.

Sorry if I'm not much help

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Unlocker should solve the problem, it`s a freeware prog, so just d-laod it, install and launch it, drag the system files in the Unlocker window and rename them(remove the .original) and save. Restart the PC and pray that this helps. Haven`t tried this myself, but in any case, if this fails, reinstalling Vista is the only option i see.

Top Bottom