• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nearing the end of current-gen era. Wat were your memorable games of current gen???

aoshi

Hi,

As the title suggests which were your memorable games of current gen since we are nearing the end of it.

My pick of the games would be Resident evil 5. I liked the overall feel of the game. It made me like resident evil even more. Excellent soundtrack. Mercenaries was jus awesome this time with more maps than RE 4 and more complex than RE 4.Character models were jus to die for. Especially sheva. Didn't like battlesuit version of jill but adored BSAA costume of hers. Weapons were also very good. On the fly inventory management. Also aiming precision was up a notch compared to PS 2. But i guess that's the hardware upgrade.

Close second is DMC 4.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
-Red Dead Redemption
-Journey
-Portal
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
-X COM: Enemy Unknown
-Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
-Mega Man 9
-Batman: Arkham Asylum/ City
-The Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-LittleBig Planet 1 and 2
-Braid
-Infamous
-L.A. Noire
-Left 4 Dead
-Minecraft
-Amnesia: The Dark Descent
-Grand Theft Auto 4
-Mortal Kombat
-Injustice:Gods Among Us
-Far Cry 3
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Mario Kart Wii
-Saints Row 2
-Metro 2033
-TellTale's The Walking Dead

I think that's it. I liked a lot of games but these were games that stuck out.

honorable mention: Pac Man: Championship Edition. (I'm serious, I was addicted to this thing for a while)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
-spider-man shattered dimensions (first ps3 game btw)
-COD black ops
-infamous 1 and 2
-uncharted 2 and 3
-star wars: the force unleashed 1 and 2
-the skate series
-DMC4
-DmC
-007 goldeneye reloaded
-dead space 2
-batman arkham series
-the last of us
-deadpool
-prototype
those are my faves for PS3. my 360 broke so i can't rate games i didn't really get a chance to play

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
The Last of Us
Drake's Uncharted
Tomb Raider
Assassin's Creed Revelations ( I HATED AC3 )
Resident Evil 6
Bio Shock Infinite
Far Cry3
Skyrim
DEAD SPACE3!!!!!!!!!! Yeah boy
Halo 4
Dmc duh
Black ops 2
Journey
Takken Tag 2
Batman Arkem City
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Play station All Stars
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2013
Dishonored
MGR
Medal of Honor War Fighter
The Walking Dead
Injustice, Gods Among Us
Bleach Soul Resurrection
And some more I can't remember.

Electromagnetic

All hail The King
Mass Effect trilogy
Batman: Arkham City
Bioshock: Infinite
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Resident Evil 5,6, Revelations
Sonic Generations
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episodes 1 & 2
Far Cry 3
Bulletstorm
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Dark Souls
DmC: Devil May Cry
Metro: Last Light
Mark of The Ninja
Shank 2
Deadpool

Meg

Oh wow, I have a lot:

Dark Souls
Bioshock
Bioshock Infinite
Journey
Spec Ops: The Line
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
Devil May Cry 4
Killzone 2 & 3
Uncharted 2
Mass Effect Trilogy
Ass Creed Bros.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Tomb Raider Reboot
Skyrim
Prince of Persia 2008
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
The Unfinished Swan
inFAMOUS
Dishonored
El Shaddai
Oblivion
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Tekken 6

EDIT:

I'd like to add these as well,

Captain America: Super Solider
Medal of Honor reboot
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Call of Duty 4
Homefront
Shaun White Snowboarding

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Oh wow, I have a lot: (truckload of games)
Hey! I thought you said you were broke. :mad:

Fine... not like I'm jealous or anything. I have more of a quality-over-quantity approach... it's just too bad that all of those games are quality. :'(

Anyway, if I had a choice of just a few games... I guess I'd take the P4G, the Darksiders series and... DMC3 HD? Eh, I got other things on my to-do list, anyway.

:troll:

Meg

Hey! I thought you said you were broke. :mad:

Fine... not like I'm jealous or anything. I have more of a quality-over-quantity approach... it's just too bad that all of those games are quality. :'(

Anyway, if I had a choice of just a few games... I guess I'd take the P4G, the Darksiders series and... DMC3 HD? Eh, I got other things on my to-do list, anyway.

:troll:
Are you referring to my post in the Barnes and Noble thread?

I don't have a ton of money, but I trade games in and wait for prices to come down. I can play more games for less that way.

Also, I have a really hard time going into bookstores and not buying a ton of books. Especially the huge B&Ns. So that's what I meant when I said I don't have much money.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah it was a reference to that thread. Used games prices are often a lot cheaper than they are new. Also, people's books outnumber the games they have, so I know how it is. My previous post was mostly written in jest.

Oh, and I'm also taking P4A when it comes to my list of games. Real-time persona combat are the new lightsabers.

Reactions: Meg

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If I were to list them all, I'd kill you all indirectly, since you'd all be dessicated corpses by the time you got to the bottom of the list. So I'll just pick my number one game.

un-boxing-metroid-prime-trilogy-20090807050659212_640w.jpg

This big bad motherf*cker in the tin case. Yes, I know, it's technically three different games, but they were remade for the Wii, so it counts, dammit! These three games have made such an enormous impact on me, that I still remember the first time I picked it up in 2002. I was freaking SEVEN when I got this game! (I'm 18 now... God I feel old.) And I will never forget my first foray into the Metroid universe as a whole. Sure, yeah, I never finished the game cuz my tiny kid brain didn't know what to do even with the hint system on, but once I got back into it at the age of 14, I played through that game and smashed it to bits. 100% item collection without a guide, somehow. I don't even know how I did it, as I certainly couldn't replicate the feat during my latest playthrough of it, which was a month ago. I'm working through Prime 2 again at the moment, and then I can savor the awesome sendoff that is Prime 3 once more.

So yeah, the game that I remember the most? These three. Fricking awesome games, man.

Maxman

Max Payne 3 :p
Bulletstorm !
Batman Arkham City !
Spider-Man Web of Shadows !
and I 've got ****loads of games which are memorable to me, but I guess this will do for Nao :p

aoshi

I made this thread for current gen only. Of the big franchises that i follow, there were games that i could count with my fingers that were released for current gen. RE(RE 5, RE 6, I am ignoring the spin-offs), DMC (DMC 4 and DmC),Street fighter(SF 4, SSF 4, SF vs TEKKEN), Splinter cell(jus one game splinter cell conviction , blacklist is yet to be released but i guess that will be the last for current gen). Really, are there that many games that it is hard to pick one or two that really met your expectations. Don't get me wrong as i am not asking anyone to narrow down the list , you are free to post your games. But i did not find that many games released for current gen of the big franchises that i follow.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Games I'll remember with positive thoughts from PS3 and 360 Gen. (none of them are in order)

-Halo 3
-All Uncharted Games
-God of War 3
-Bayonetta
-Metal Gear Rising
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Lollipop Chainsaw
-Duke Nukem Forever
-The Darkness
-Devil May Cry 4
-Brutal Legend
-Dead Rising 1
-Tomb Raider Underworld
-Saints Row 1, 2 and 3
-Batman Arkham Asylum/City
-Borderlands 2
-Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
-Bioshock 1
-Mass Effect 1 & 2
-Heavy Rain
-Gears of War
-Quake 4
-Resident Evil Revelations
-Just Cause 2
-Lost Planet 1
-Metro Last Light
-Mortal Kombat 2011
-Portal 1 & 2
-Last of Us
(I know I missed some that I'll prob remember in a little while but those are some names off the top of my head)

Games from this gen I'll always despise:

-Aliens: Colonial Marines
-Tomb Raider Reboot
-DmC Devil May Cry
-Dead Space 3
-Mass Effect 3
-Resident Evil 5
-Resident Evil 6
-Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City

Upcoming current gen games that I'll hopefully remember with positive feelings:

-Rise of the Triad 2013
-Shadow Warrior 2013
-Unannounced Interceptor project code named "Pathfinder" (I have a good feeling about it)
-Carmageddon: Reincarnation
-Beyond Two Souls
-Batman Arkham Origins
-Wolfenstein: The New Order

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Metal Gear Solid HD collection
Metal Gear Solid 4
Demon Souls/Dark Souls
Dragon Age Origins
Assassin's Creed 2
Batman Arkham Asylum/City
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto IV
Left 4 Dead/Left 4 dead 2
Half life 2
Portal/Portal 2
Mass Effect 1/Mass Effect 2
Devil May Cry 4
Tekken 6
Battlefield 3

I think that's pretty much it. I mostly played console only games in a friend's house. I ate there and slept there most of the time :D

Top Bottom