• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My theory for DMC..... (takes place before dante's awakening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantenevercries

i initially thought this was going to be just a reboot to the DMC franchise, a separate game, not connected with the past games, a separate universe... but now with confirmation from capcon that this is going to be a origin story.. then i believe it will be in the same universe as the past games...

- the reason dante has black hair, is cause he is dying it.. he doesn't wamt to accept his demon heritage..

- since dante was around 19 years old in DMC 3.. i believe this game takes place 1 or 2 years before DMC 3.... so Dante would be either 17 or 18 in the new game..

- i think this game will lead into dmc 3.... he will finally accept his demon heritage

Virago

Not listening.
Possibly. I'm starting to think it's both a reboot and a prequel - meaning NT and Capcom are using what they consider the bare bones important parts from DMC and are otherwise starting anew. I think this will include Vergil and their half-demonic heritage, while scrapping the (IMO) annoying ****y attitude and cut-scene only invulnerability.

Maybe his hair will turn white, maybe it won't. Personally I hope it doesn't, as it emphasizes his imperfection. Maybe he'll get his red trench coat, maybe he won't. Keep in mind that DMC originally came out only a couple years after The Matrix; it was very stylish for characters like Dante to wear that sort of cyberpunk, timeless clothing. I actually like that vintage punk look. I hope Limbo City has a similar rundown appearance.

I don't think this game will smoothly take us to DMC3. DmC will probably be too different to do that. But honestly, I didn't think DMC3 had much going for it outside of fun gameplay, so I wouldn't miss it if it joined DMC2 in the corner.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Virago;287242 said:
Possibly. I'm starting to think it's both a reboot and a prequel - meaning NT and Capcom are using what they consider the bare bones important parts from DMC and are otherwise starting anew. I think this will include Vergil and their half-demonic heritage, while scrapping the (IMO) annoying ****y attitude and cut-scene only invulnerability.

Maybe his hair will turn white, maybe it won't. Personally I hope it doesn't, as it emphasizes his imperfection. Maybe he'll get his red trench coat, maybe he won't. Keep in mind that DMC originally came out only a couple years after The Matrix; it was very stylish for characters like Dante to wear that sort of cyberpunk, timeless clothing. I actually like that vintage punk look. I hope Limbo City has a similar rundown appearance.

I don't think this game will smoothly take us to DMC3. DmC will probably be too different to do that. But honestly, I didn't think DMC3 had much going for it outside of fun gameplay, so I wouldn't miss it if it joined DMC2 in the corner.

My thoughts exactly. His half white hair suits him, I think.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
We're going to see a human Dante for once.:) Not all this holier-than-thou crap we see in every game. I personally like his new look...

kenjiharimaCU

Street Fighter Fan
It'll be too predictable on my part if this new Donte(as the Japanese call him), when you finish the game he opens a demon slayer business and takes a bath and drys off, rubs his head like in DMC3 he'll have white hair since the dye is off.

Also personally I think he looks older in his new look. Older than the 4 games he's been designed in. Also his voice sounds older. Is this really younger Dante?

kenjiharimaCU;287265 said:
It'll be too predictable on my part if this new Donte(as the Japanese call him), when you finish the game he opens a demon slayer business and takes a bath and drys off, rubs his head like in DMC3 he'll have white hair since the dye is off.

Also personally I think he looks older in his new look. Older than the 4 games he's been designed in. Also his voice sounds older. Is this really younger Dante?

Nah, the grunts and shouts he makes while fighting the marionettes sound much younger than the voice that's heard nearing the very end of the trailer.

In fact we, see him at two different ages of his life in the trailer. In the rehabilitation flashbacks it looks like he's 12-15 years of age, while he's 18+ when fighting the Marionettes. And then the voice at the end sounds like it's 25+.

Kinda makes me wonder if he's going to stay the same age throughout the entire game; that we'll be playing certain stages and ages of his life before he becomes the Dante we're familiar with.

kenjiharimaCU

Street Fighter Fan
DAYStoMONTHS;287271 said:
Nah, the grunts and shouts he makes while fighting the marionettes sound much younger than the voice that's heard nearing the very end of the trailer.

In fact we, see him at two different ages of his life in the trailer. In the rehabilitation flashbacks it looks like he's 12-15 years of age, while he's 18+ when fighting the Marionettes. And then the voice at the end sounds like it's 25+.

Kinda makes me wonder if he's going to stay the same age throughout the entire game; that we'll be playing certain stages and ages of his life before he becomes the Dante we're familiar with.

He was about 10 or 12 before the demon attack that killed his mother and separated him from Vergil. The only thing Dante had is Rebellion which was a keep sake from his father.

If they're really puling for an origin story start him off as a kid. Then work his way to his teens.

They made him a junkie.....

I Agree.
Dante Awakened His Demon In Number 3.
His Hair Isn't Fully White Because He's Not To Close To Awakening Is What I Think. His (Gorgeous) Hair Turning White Is A Sigh Of The Demon Awakening. But, I Wonder: Did Vergil Look The Same? I Mean, C'Mon: There Twins. Good Ling Sandress Knows Vergil Wouldn't Smoke Or Get Put Into A Sanitarium. Hes Too Classy. But Was His Hair Black?​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom